ASUS TUF GAMING X570 PLUS - Page 11 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

ASUS TUF GAMING X570 PLUS

post #101 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 04:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
Quote: Originally Posted by nikpoth View Post
This motherboard has memory voltage sensor ?
HWiNFO64 is not showing memory voltage .
also ryzen master for some reason that price and to manually put vsoc shows 1.3v. I've given 1.1v bios
ryzen master is off on my SOC voltage as well, putting it at like 1.38v even tho i set it to 1.1v in the bios.
hwinfo64 shows it correctly at 1.08something.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 08:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
In the bios there this page in the advanced tab called AMD overclocking. Inside it if you go to ddr and infinity fabric frequency/timings and then trough to the dram timing page. Is it me or are there several settings where there are hexadecimal numbers or something because for me there are some normal like 1 trough 9 and then like 1A, 1B,...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191215_160906.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	312106  

Current
(13 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Gaming x570 plus wifi
GPU
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super OC Waterforce WB
RAM
Crucial Ballistix Elite
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo Plus
Power Supply
Corsair RM750x
Cooling
Custom watercooling
Case
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 6 Pro
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Samsung C27HG70
Keyboard
Corsair k70 rgb
Mouse
Logitech G502
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by dajez; 12-15-2019 at 08:16 AM.
post #103 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 01:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 67 (Unique: 54)
For those having issues getting DOCP to work at all on Gskill neo, make sure your ram is installed in the A2 and B2 slots... if you have them in A1 and B1 slots it won't work past stock speeds. On a few other forums I saw people with the same problem with the neo kits not booting at all with DOCP enabled and come to find out, they where using the wrong ram slots.

But I have an odd quirk and kinda at a lost if I should be concerned about it or not. There seems to be about a 30% chance of my kit, F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC (on Asus and Gskill QVL for the Tuf), to halt at reboot. My Tuf has its DRAM LED light on and it just halts there until I hold down my power button. I never got to try any other bios below 1403 as the first thing I did when I got the board was flash 1403. Then 1404 when it came out and finally now 1405. All three bios versions have this issue.

The odd thing about it is that, so far, been exclusive to rebooting. Not shutdown and powering back on and not from a cold boot after pulling out the power cord. But just from rebooting. And when it happens, once I hold down my power button to shutdown, and boot it back up, it boots just fine. No issues when gaming long sessions, did prime95 well when I did my initial benchmark stuff, etc. I've tried clearing cmos, reflashing my bios, manually setting FCLK to 1800 and SOC voltage to 1.1v (which is what Auto with DOCP enabled was defaulting to), etc.

I did see a guy on newegg for the Tuf complain about something that sounds very similar to what I have been enduring so it lends me to believe its a Asus bios issue. The guy was hinting at it being a DOCP issue. I am running it with DOCP. So today I decided to write down my timings that where being set with DOCP and manually set everything. But I ran into a two problems. The first problem is the very last timing to set in the bios, I forget its name, was post to be set to 0 (as 0 was the value DOCP was setting on auto) but when I put in 0, it changes it to 1. So some how auto sets it to 0 but manually I can't. The second problem was after setting all the timings, memory to 3600, FCLK to 1800, DRAM voltage to 1.35v's, and SoC voltage to 1.1v's, my computer can't post. It just halts 100% of the time on the DRAM led light. So I had to clear cmos to get back in. So either that very last timing is what's causing the manual setting to fail to post or DOCP is also enabling other stuff that I can't figure out what else. Even though everything else is on auto by default either with or without DOCP, I'm assuming DOCP changes what those auto settings default to.

So because of that it does have me a bit concerned that maybe those times where I fail to reboot are not due to an Asus bios bug, but maybe my ram or possibly motherboard isn't stable? I can't believe my 3800x would be at fault since it seems like ryzen's memory controller is solid up to 4ghz+ range. Since I still have a return window for both a refund and replacement I don't know if I should gamble it? What do you guys think? Anyone else with a similar problem? Do you think its just Asus or maybe bad ram / motherboard?

edit:
Its tcke value than if I put in 0, it sets it to 1 even though DOCP is able to set it to 0. I just checked with ryzen master. Forgot ryzen master can show timings. I also just ran a little of an hour of Ramtest from Karhusoftware that I found on OCN: [2019-12-17T03:16:30.8157191-07:00] Stopped testing after 0:01:07:38 with 1575 % coverage and 0 error(s).

So my kit at least passed Ramtest after 1575% of coverage.

edit #2:
ran Memtest Pro 7.0 for a little bit over an hour to hit a tad bit over 100% coverage and no errors. Ran it a few minutes after Ramtest.

So maybe its just Asus bios bug?

Last edited by orlfman; 12-17-2019 at 04:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 10:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by orlfman View Post
For those having issues getting DOCP to work at all on Gskill neo, make sure your ram is installed in the A2 and B2 slots... if you have them in A1 and B1 slots it won't work past stock speeds. On a few other forums I saw people with the same problem with the neo kits not booting at all with DOCP enabled and come to find out, they where using the wrong ram slots.

But I have an odd quirk and kinda at a lost if I should be concerned about it or not. There seems to be about a 30% chance of my kit, F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC (on Asus and Gskill QVL for the Tuf), to halt at reboot. My Tuf has its DRAM LED light on and it just halts there until I hold down my power button. I never got to try any other bios below 1403 as the first thing I did when I got the board was flash 1403. Then 1404 when it came out and finally now 1405. All three bios versions have this issue.

The odd thing about it is that, so far, been exclusive to rebooting. Not shutdown and powering back on and not from a cold boot after pulling out the power cord. But just from rebooting. And when it happens, once I hold down my power button to shutdown, and boot it back up, it boots just fine. No issues when gaming long sessions, did prime95 well when I did my initial benchmark stuff, etc. I've tried clearing cmos, reflashing my bios, manually setting FCLK to 1800 and SOC voltage to 1.1v (which is what Auto with DOCP enabled was defaulting to), etc.

I did see a guy on newegg for the Tuf complain about something that sounds very similar to what I have been enduring so it lends me to believe its a Asus bios issue. The guy was hinting at it being a DOCP issue. I am running it with DOCP. So today I decided to write down my timings that where being set with DOCP and manually set everything. But I ran into a two problems. The first problem is the very last timing to set in the bios, I forget its name, was post to be set to 0 (as 0 was the value DOCP was setting on auto) but when I put in 0, it changes it to 1. So some how auto sets it to 0 but manually I can't. The second problem was after setting all the timings, memory to 3600, FCLK to 1800, DRAM voltage to 1.35v's, and SoC voltage to 1.1v's, my computer can't post. It just halts 100% of the time on the DRAM led light. So I had to clear cmos to get back in. So either that very last timing is what's causing the manual setting to fail to post or DOCP is also enabling other stuff that I can't figure out what else. Even though everything else is on auto by default either with or without DOCP, I'm assuming DOCP changes what those auto settings default to.

So because of that it does have me a bit concerned that maybe those times where I fail to reboot are not due to an Asus bios bug, but maybe my ram or possibly motherboard isn't stable? I can't believe my 3800x would be at fault since it seems like ryzen's memory controller is solid up to 4ghz+ range. Since I still have a return window for both a refund and replacement I don't know if I should gamble it? What do you guys think? Anyone else with a similar problem? Do you think its just Asus or maybe bad ram / motherboard?

edit:
Its tcke value than if I put in 0, it sets it to 1 even though DOCP is able to set it to 0. I just checked with ryzen master. Forgot ryzen master can show timings. I also just ran a little of an hour of Ramtest from Karhusoftware that I found on OCN: [2019-12-17T03:16:30.8157191-07:00] Stopped testing after 0:01:07:38 with 1575 % coverage and 0 error(s).

So my kit at least passed Ramtest after 1575% of coverage.

edit #2:
ran Memtest Pro 7.0 for a little bit over an hour to hit a tad bit over 100% coverage and no errors. Ran it a few minutes after Ramtest.

So maybe its just Asus bios bug?
Really this post helped me alot lol. I checked what slots I have my ram in and they are in A1, B1 ... I switched them to A2, B2 and now I can boot at docp 4000. I checked the manual, I tought the arrows were pointing to the other slots

What's everyone's bus speed btw? Mine is only 99,8.

Current
(13 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard
GPU
RAM
Crucial Ballistix Elite
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo Plus
Power Supply
Corsair RM750x
Cooling
Custom watercooling
Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Samsung C27HG70
Keyboard
Corsair k70 rgb
Mouse
Logitech G502
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by dajez; 12-17-2019 at 11:16 AM.
post #105 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 02:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by dajez View Post
Really this post helped me alot lol. I checked what slots I have my ram in and they are in A1, B1 ... I switched them to A2, B2 and now I can boot at docp 4000. I checked the manual, I tought the arrows were pointing to the other slots

What's everyone's bus speed btw? Mine is only 99,8.
I'm glad that helped you! And mine is 99.8 as well and that's normal because speed spectrum (something like that, I think its called SoC/Uncore OC Mode in the AMD overclocking menu in the Asus bios) is enabled by default. It down clocks the bus and infinity fabric speed when at idle. During load it clocks at max. If you run (ryzen) -balance- profile you might as well keep it enabled since ryzen is down clocking its frequency and turning off cores anyways.

You can monitor infinity fabroc (FCLK) speed with hwinfo but it is a bit buggy. Sometimes hwinfo will show it hitting speeds higher than it is. Like mine has shown a max of 1860mhz when the max is 1800. But it does show you if its clocking accordingly.

post #106 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 11:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

I'm glad that helped you! And mine is 99.8 as well and that's normal because speed spectrum (something like that, I think its called SoC/Uncore OC Mode in the AMD overclocking menu in the Asus bios) is enabled by default. It down clocks the bus and infinity fabric speed when at idle. During load it clocks at max. If you run (ryzen) -balance- profile you might as well keep it enabled since ryzen is down clocking its frequency and turning off cores anyways.

You can monitor infinity fabroc (FCLK) speed with hwinfo but it is a bit buggy. Sometimes hwinfo will show it hitting speeds higher than it is. Like mine has shown a max of 1860mhz when the max is 1800. But it does show you if its clocking accordingly.
I found that its because of spread spectrum, to bad there's no way to disable it on this board, for what I can see at least. What you say about soc/uncore oc mode is incorrect tho, its even disabled for me so I guess disabled by default.
Some people apparently succeeded in running 1900MHz Fabric clock.

Current
(13 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard
GPU
RAM
Crucial Ballistix Elite
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo Plus
Power Supply
Corsair RM750x
Cooling
Custom watercooling
Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Samsung C27HG70
Keyboard
Corsair k70 rgb
Mouse
Logitech G502
▲ hide details ▲
post #107 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 04:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I did get it working at 1900 FCLK. It took some work.

What I would love to see is someone who is a master with modern BIOS hack 1405 for us to enable control of Spread Spectrum and BCLK.

I spent a few days reading on the subject, but trying to get around a locked BIOS is a bit beyond my capability. There were some subjects like retaining MAC addresses and other microcode that might have to be done by hand, and having to make file sizes match exactly. And even then I couldn't find a direct answer if it can be flashed without a hardware tool or not. Without a complete understanding of the process it's just going to result in a bricked board.
post #108 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-21-2019, 04:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Holy batman.

My 3900x with my MSI X570 Unify with my Crucial 32gb 3200mhz kit: https://i.imgur.com/zv8nfXQ.png

My former 3800x with my former Asus X570 Tuf with my Gskill Neo 3600mhz kit: https://i.imgur.com/yQXWosD.png

I really don't know what to say. Is Asus butchering the timings with DOCP?

Also my 3200mhz Corsair kit that's on QVL for the Tuf I ordered has worse DRAM LED halting on reboots and even straight boot ups from shutdown with DOCP enabled than my Gskill neo kit that's also on QVL. I didn't even bother test my Crucial kit I got on my Tuf. I don't know what Asus is doing with DOCP.

post #109 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-21-2019, 05:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

hello i upgraded from my x370 prime pro and a 1700 to a tuf gaming x570 plus wifi with a 3900x so i was wandering the temps at Hwinfo what means pic,
i know the motherboard does not have a vrm sensor but what is all these temps at Hwinfo does anyone know ? i do not find any info to net

thank you for your time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	313308  

post #110 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 12:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Holy batman.

My 3900x with my MSI X570 Unify with my Crucial 32gb 3200mhz kit: https://i.imgur.com/zv8nfXQ.png

My former 3800x with my former Asus X570 Tuf with my Gskill Neo 3600mhz kit: https://i.imgur.com/yQXWosD.png

I really don't know what to say. Is Asus butchering the timings with DOCP?

Also my 3200mhz Corsair kit that's on QVL for the Tuf I ordered has worse DRAM LED halting on reboots and even straight boot ups from shutdown with DOCP enabled than my Gskill neo kit that's also on QVL. I didn't even bother test my Crucial kit I got on my Tuf. I don't know what Asus is doing with DOCP.
Probably is. Don't use DOCP. I stopped bothering with it and just set the timings with DRAM calc then kept going from there:

https://imgur.com/fsrzI66

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in