ASUS TUF GAMING X570 PLUS - Page 26 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

ASUS TUF GAMING X570 PLUS

post #251 of 256 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 06:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Farih View Post
Often you have to set your phone in "data transfer mode" first.
As noted, it works perfectly fine with no settings changes on my Dell laptop, so that is not the issue. Windows does not even recognize the USB-C device is plugged in on the ASUS X570 motherboard.

Someone else was having this same issue on Reddit and said it just randomly began working after a BIOS update: https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/commen...x570plus_wifi/

I would like to know if anyone else here is making use of that USB-C port and having any unusual issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 256 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 09:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by AmericanLoco View Post
Thanks for the info! The next question:

Does anyone else have trouble with their TUF Gaming x570 waking itself up from sleep? My system does it all the time, and will randomly wake up from sleep in the middle of the night. It's really pretty annoying
You put it into sleep mode? I turn mine off during the night and it doesn't start up again.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ant4 View Post
I am also having occasional random freezes with the orange LED being lit with BIOS 1407 when using the windows power plan Power saver , i haven't had it freeze yet when using the AMD Ryzen Balanced power plan tho, been using 1407 for a few weeks now.

The reason i updated from 1405 was because it would sometimes get stuck on the orange LED when powering on the computer which required turning off the switch on the PSU to get it to work again, 1407 seems to have fixed that issue but i don't remember it ever freezing in windows with BIOS 1405.

ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS WIFI everything is set to auto in BIOS with DOCP enabled
Ryzen 3950X Noctua NH-D15
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO 3200MHz C16 (2x16GB)
Corsair Force MP600 1TB
Sapphire R9 390
using the latest Chipset driver from AMD website
I've had mine for over a week now and no freezes at all, I'm on the Ryzen Balanced power plan.

Quote: Originally Posted by FearTec View Post
This advice worked for me, My system would lock up when unattended if I used the "Power saver" power plan, switching to an AMD power plan ("AMD Ryzen Balanced") works ok, 1405 was stable, 1407 is unstable.

My windows 10 would lock up overnight and i thought it was the 3600mhz memory (dropped to 2133mhz) but it may be the power plan.

I'll return the memory to 3600mhz and keep the power plan on "AMD Ryzen Balanced" and see how that goes.
I've had mine with the 1407 bios since I got it over a week ago and no issues with stability or anything else so far. Rig in my signature.
My ram is overclocked to 3600Mhz

Intel Devil's Canyon Owners Club
Daily Driver
(14 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard
Asus X570 TUF wifi
GPU
EVGA 2080 Super
RAM
T-Force Dark Pro 16GB 3200C14
Hard Drive
Plextor PCIE SSD
Hard Drive
1TB HP EX920 m.2
Hard Drive
2TB Samsung 860 QVO
Hard Drive
6TB 3.5"
Hard Drive
4TB 3.5"
Hard Drive
1TB WD Blue 2.5"
Power Supply
Fractal Design Ion+ 760p
Cooling
Cryorig R1 Ultimate (lapped)
Case
BeQuiet Dark Base 700 (inverted motherboard config)
Monitor
ASUS PG279Q
▲ hide details ▲
post #253 of 256 (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 01:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Dash8Q4 View Post
You put it into sleep mode? I turn mine off during the night and it doesn't start up again.

I've had mine for over a week now and no freezes at all, I'm on the Ryzen Balanced power plan.

I've had mine with the 1407 bios since I got it over a week ago and no issues with stability or anything else so far. Rig in my signature.
My ram is overclocked to 3600Mhz

I have my computer on 24/7 , i almost never turn it off. I have DOCP on with 3200Mhz ram.

Yes i also have had no problems with the "Ryzen Balanced power plan" , its when using the "Power saver plan" that it might occasionally freeze.

I have had mine for 5 months now, it never froze with 1405 but it would sometimes get stuck on the orange DRAM LED when powering it on.
1407 fixed the issue with the occasional orange LED when powering it on, but now it might freeze when using the "Power saver plan".

I have had it on running for 5 days now with the "Spread Spectrum" setting disabled and been using both "Ryzen Balanced power plan" and "Power saver plan" and so far so good it has not yet crashed, if it can go on for another week like this then i'd say that that is what is causing the problem with 1407.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #254 of 256 (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 08:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by Ant4 View Post
I have my computer on 24/7 , i almost never turn it off. I have DOCP on with 3200Mhz ram.

Yes i also have had no problems with the "Ryzen Balanced power plan" , its when using the "Power saver plan" that it might occasionally freeze.

I have had mine for 5 months now, it never froze with 1405 but it would sometimes get stuck on the orange DRAM LED when powering it on.
1407 fixed the issue with the occasional orange LED when powering it on, but now it might freeze when using the "Power saver plan".

I have had it on running for 5 days now with the "Spread Spectrum" setting disabled and been using both "Ryzen Balanced power plan" and "Power saver plan" and so far so good it has not yet crashed, if it can go on for another week like this then i'd say that that is what is causing the problem with 1407.
Ah ok good to know, post back with findings. I also leave mine 24/7 on but I have my ram overclocked to 3600mhz albeit using stock voltage. I’ll give the power saver a go this week and post back if I run into any issues.
Cheers

Intel Devil's Canyon Owners Club
Daily Driver
(14 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard
Asus X570 TUF wifi
GPU
EVGA 2080 Super
RAM
T-Force Dark Pro 16GB 3200C14
Hard Drive
Plextor PCIE SSD
Hard Drive
1TB HP EX920 m.2
Hard Drive
2TB Samsung 860 QVO
Hard Drive
6TB 3.5"
Hard Drive
4TB 3.5"
Hard Drive
1TB WD Blue 2.5"
Power Supply
Fractal Design Ion+ 760p
Cooling
Cryorig R1 Ultimate (lapped)
Case
BeQuiet Dark Base 700 (inverted motherboard config)
Monitor
ASUS PG279Q
▲ hide details ▲
post #255 of 256 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 10:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Dash8Q4 View Post
Ah ok good to know, post back with findings. I also leave mine 24/7 on but I have my ram overclocked to 3600mhz albeit using stock voltage. I’ll give the power saver a go this week and post back if I run into any issues.
Cheers

Windows needed to restart my computer today to install some updates , but so far its still going strong no issues with my current configuration
post #256 of 256 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 12:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
anyone tried to increase bclk?
I tried 101 and speed got messed up and cpu clock won't pass 1.5ghz and it will take ages to boot.

Overclocked
TUF Ultimate Force
(17 items)
CPU
Ryzen 9 [email protected]
Motherboard
X570 Plus TUF - Wifi
GPU
ASUS Strix 1070 Ti
RAM
GSkill 32GB [email protected]
Hard Drive
PM980 1TB
Hard Drive
970 Pro 512GB
Hard Drive
Intel 660p 2TB
Hard Drive
Seagate 8TB DC Edition
Hard Drive
960 Pro 512GB
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Cooling
Enermax LIQMAX III 360mm
Case
ASUS TUF GT501
Operating System
Windows 10 1909
Monitor
LG 34UM88
Keyboard
Kingston HyperX Alloy Elite
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Elite
Audio
Creative SB ZxR
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in