ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Overclocking & Discussion Thread - Page 251 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Overclocking & Discussion Thread

post #2501 of 2505 (permalink) Old 05-24-2020, 08:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by oreonutz View Post
Yup! Exactly. Oh well, it is what it is right? Keep in mind, by this next Black Friday, x670 will have almost certainly have launched, so x570 will be a generation behind, so if we still want this board, if NewEgg still has stock of it (And they almost certainly will) its a pretty sure bet they will have even a better deal on these boards if we still want them. We may even find, if you watch prices every hour (like it seems we both do) that the x670 equivalent of this board will be on sale for a low price like this. So we may very well get the chance again. Its just, we also have to consider that, it is likely that Zen3 is the last Zen Gen to use the AM4 Platform, so a purchase like this may be a bad investment considering at BEST we only get one more generation out of it, so it will be a matter of whether or not x670 offers something substantial over our x570 boards, to entice us over to make the Max 2 CPU's the board will see worth it. We probably should treat it like it will only see Zen3, and then if Zen3+ or a Zen4 Launches on AM4, then we can be pleasantly surprised, instead of expecting another AM4 Generation, and then not getting it, so with that mindset its best to evaluate a new MB Purchase with that lens. Lets Hope AMD Makes these x670 Boards really enticing. (Maybe Something like DDR4/5 Support, or 10Gbe Lan Built into the Chipset, something with some actual value add to it.)

Anyways shutting up now. Still kicking myself over not jumping on that deal despite having the money...
Yep! Day late and a dollar short(or 400) lol. And as you said about X670 and AM4. it does make it really hard to justify since if I do so choose to grab a zen3 cpu it will pop right into my C8H which isnt a bad board imo. So chances are I will skip X670 completely. I'm wondering if with zen4 we will see them jump to X*90 boards like what happened with AM3. I.E. making AM4+, IDK how that would work considering them removing support for 1xxx and 2xxx cpu's. I guess it all depends on how much money i have to piss away and whether or not there is a large increase in performance. I cant wait until release. I get all excited like a kid in a candy store lol. And waiting for release day is like being a kid waiting for christmas next month... I have given up on believing leaks. There is too many if and buts in them for my liking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2502 of 2505 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 09:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Alright, I'm stuck and searches are rendering no results. I've updated my Crosshair VIII Hero to the latest bios, yet when I attempt to manually change CPU core ratios to start overclocking I'm unable, the core ratio is locked. I've set the AI tweak setting to manual, still grayed out. What am I forgettting? 3950x CPU and custom waterloop FYI.
post #2503 of 2505 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 05:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hi,

I need some information on a video card, but couldn't find it on a search. I need to know if an evga 780 ti (actually 2 of them) will work on a crosshair viii with an x3900 amd processor? I know there will be a bottleneck between the processor and the gpu. I'm having a hard time in getting a new gpu. My current system's mobo / processor died. So, I'm going from an intel Asus rampage iv black edition to an AMD x570 crosshair viii. I'm waiting for the 3080s to come out. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2504 of 2505 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 07:42 AM
Semi-New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by masterskop View Post
Hi,

I need some information on a video card, but couldn't find it on a search. I need to know if an evga 780 ti (actually 2 of them) will work on a crosshair viii with an x3900 amd processor? I know there will be a bottleneck between the processor and the gpu. I'm having a hard time in getting a new gpu. My current system's mobo / processor died. So, I'm going from an intel Asus rampage iv black edition to an AMD x570 crosshair viii. I'm waiting for the 3080s to come out. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!
They will work just fine. PCI-E is backwards compatible so even though the board supports 4.0, it will run 2.0/3.0 just as well, they just won't take advantage of the bandwidth.

Gertrude
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3800X 4.4ghz 1.293v
Motherboard
Asus X570 Crosshair Hero VIII (non-wifi)
GPU
Zotac 2080 ti Amp Extreme
RAM
G.Skill 3200 C14 2x8GB @3800 16-15-15-15-30-42 1.46v
Hard Drive
Silicon Power 1TB M.2 PCIE 3.0 x4
Hard Drive
WD Raptor 10k RPM HDD 300GB
Power Supply
EVGA G3 Gold 750W
Cooling
EVGA CLC 240 w/Noctua IPPC 2000 fans
Case
Phanteks P400S Modded Front cover for airflow
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Roku TCL 55" 4k HDR TV
Keyboard
Logitech MK710
Mouse
Logitech G602
▲ hide details ▲
post #2505 of 2505 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 05:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Thank you for the info! I'm just going to run my 780ti kps cards on this new system until I can get a hold of the 3080 ti ftw3 cards or kps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in