"Budget" X570 motherboards? - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

"Budget" X570 motherboards?

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 01:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
[quote= Also if the price differential for a good board over a low end X570 is about $30-40 at best, why would you chance it?
The B450 Pro Carbon is $130ish and can run 3900X at stock but would you put a 12 core on it? If the answer is no, then the answer should also be no for the X570 Gaming Plus / X570 Edge / X570 Pro4 / X570 Phantom Gaming 4.
[/quote]

So is it safe to say I shall not consider any board less than MSI X570 Pro Carbon or Gigabyte Auros Elite for 12 cores?

I have an Asus CH7, brand new in box purchased very recently. I can keep it or return and get a X570. MSI have a nice promotion in which a AIO CPU cooler (Cooler Master ML240R) is given upon MSI Meg Ace purchase or ML240L for Pro Carbon and Gaming Edge.

Basically I can keep the Ace board and sell the AIO after it is delivered. This almost matches my CH7 purchase price. Maybe a little bit over it. If I get Pro Carbon and sell the AIO then it becomes even cheaper than CH7 cost.

I plan to use 3700X at fitrst but most likely switch to a 12 or 16 core Ryzen 4000 series next year. I dont think I need PCIE 4 as 4.0 NVMEs are quite expensive.

CH7 is good for sure but having latest chipset is also tempting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 02:07 PM
⤷ αC

Rep: 871 (Unique: 575)
MEG ace is a stronger board than the CH7 but the difference on ambient is probably very low or nonexistent due to the PWM used , doublers, and the powerstages used (both are using IR powerstages and IR PWM).
MSI ace has a chipset fan (with fan stop) and cooling the 3 x M.2

The promotion makes the Ace relatively competitive: https://www.msi.com/Promotion/I-Love-You-3000-AMD/

You have to consider what you want from X570. NvMe at PCIE 4.0 speeds is pretty much the major difference. The CH7 is a good board.

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 02:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaC View Post
MEG ace is a stronger board than the CH7 but the difference on ambient is probably very low or nonexistent due to the PWM used , doublers, and the powerstages used (both are using IR powerstages and IR PWM).
MSI ace has a chipset fan (with fan stop) and cooling the 3 x M.2

The promotion makes the Ace relatively competitive: https://www.msi.com/Promotion/I-Love-You-3000-AMD/

You have to consider what you want from X570. NvMe at PCIE 4.0 speeds is pretty much the major difference. The CH7 is a good board.
Thank you for the feedback. I wish MSI didnt to this promotion I already had my mind and grabbed CH7 as its price was also nice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in