Asus Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi or Gigabyte Aorus Master - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

View Poll Results: Better power phases
Asus Hero VIII Crosshair Wifi (7+1, 60a) 11 42.31%
Gigabyte Aorus Master (14, 50a) 15 57.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Asus Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi or Gigabyte Aorus Master

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 07:41 PM
Hardware Rep
 
GBT-MatthewH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 351
Rep: 33 (Unique: 26)
Quote: Originally Posted by chowbaby View Post
GBT_Matthew also seems to be working really hard, I thought he was the one that pushed for the fan stop/ fan speed control update for the X570 GB bios?
Kind of... If you guys have suggestions or things you'd like changed I'll fight for it. I don't always win, but I literally screen shot your comments and include them in my analysis. So *we* pushed for it
GBT-MatthewH is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:25 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 30
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by GBT-MatthewH View Post
Kind of... If you guys have suggestions or things you'd like changed I'll fight for it. I don't always win, but I literally screen shot your comments and include them in my analysis. So *we* pushed for it
Well, let me know when to send my money for the Buildzoid edition board
chowbaby is offline  
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter
Jiv
New to Overclock.net
 
Jiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 268
Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
Thanks guys.

I'm currently stuck at work and wont be able to reply until Sunday. AlphaC, thanks for the links, I'll try to check them out this Sunday. (Mobile version of OCN seems to be buggy?)

I'm hoping they'll finally have stock of the x3900 on Wednesday, maybe by then we'll have more reviews on both the Master and Hero.

Just out of curiosity, what happened to Evga? They had some seriously amazing boards back when I was building my pc. The Classified was just amazing, first 4 way sli board.

My System
(17 items)
CPU
i7 920 C0 at 4.0ghz
Motherboard
Asus Rampage II Extreme
GPU
Asus 5870 v2 + EK waterblock
GPU
Sapphire 5870
RAM
3x4gb Corsair Dominaor + 3x1 gb Kingston Value Ram
Hard Drive
WD Black
Hard Drive
WD Green x 2
Optical Drive
LG
Power Supply
FSP1200w
Cooling
Apogee GT + EK XTX360 + 4xGentle Typhoon
Case
Lianli PC-70
Operating System
Windows 7 64-bit
Monitor
Acer P203w; BENQ G2411HD
Keyboard
Razer Tarantula
Mouse
Logitech G9
Mouse
Razer Mantis Control
Audio
Roccat Kave
▲ hide details ▲
Jiv is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 12:00 AM
Hardware Rep
 
GBT-MatthewH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 351
Rep: 33 (Unique: 26)
Quote: Originally Posted by chowbaby View Post
Well, let me know when to send my money for the Buildzoid edition board
I already have the logo! ;-) (tm)
Attached Images
 
GBT-MatthewH is online now  
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 08:58 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 30
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Jiv View Post
Thanks guys.

I'm currently stuck at work and wont be able to reply until Sunday. AlphaC, thanks for the links, I'll try to check them out this Sunday. (Mobile version of OCN seems to be buggy?)

I'm hoping they'll finally have stock of the x3900 on Wednesday, maybe by then we'll have more reviews on both the Master and Hero.

Just out of curiosity, what happened to Evga? They had some seriously amazing boards back when I was building my pc. The Classified was just amazing, first 4 way sli board.
Aren't they only intel?
chowbaby is offline  
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter
Jiv
New to Overclock.net
 
Jiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 268
Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
Hey guys,

Thanks everyone but damn, I've been calling Buildzoid Bullzoid and no one bothered to correct me .
It doesnt help that he keeps saying how all three boards are equal (Hero VIII, Aorus Master and Meg Ace). At the very least, he does point out some flaws of the Meg Ace in his videos.

GBT-atthewH
Thanks for the hardwork, fighting the good fight for us plebs. .

I'm guessing that you're based in USA right? Not to be an ass, but are Gigabyte boards really more prone to cold boot issues? *If so*, is it because of the BIOS or are there some other factors involved?

ChowBaby,
I honestly had no idea, I've never used an AMD product except for the 5970 + 5870. They used to be innovative and came out with crazy things, quad sli boards etc. (Asus had some epic gpus back then, Asus Mars?? Cant remember the name).
Both disappointed and glad that evga doesnt have an x570 board - I don't have another board to consider.



I'm going to have to wait for the CPUS to restock in Germany. Every, single, freaking, shop is out of stock except for one (they're charging 70 euros extra, screw them). Mindfactory shows that they'll have it on the 17th. that gives me 5-7 days to look up more reviews.

On a side note, can I get some advice on three issues?

1) Can someone recommend me some basic rams for now? Literally the cheapest possible ram. (my current ones are DDR3).
And before anyone says its stupid to buy a hero/master and x3900 only to cheap out on ram, I've a good reason. Friend of mine is going back to Asia in October and I just want some cheap ram to get by until Oct. Will upgrade my gpu, ram and maybe get some waterblocks (hopefully a chipset block) sometime at the end of Sept.


2) https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/46...iew/index.html
This PSU should be enough for the system right? Even if I do go for a dual gpu setup?

3) What happened to TEC cooling? Wasnt there a CoolerMaster V10 that promised to bring sub ambient cooling to the average user?

My System
(17 items)
CPU
i7 920 C0 at 4.0ghz
Motherboard
Asus Rampage II Extreme
GPU
Asus 5870 v2 + EK waterblock
GPU
Sapphire 5870
RAM
3x4gb Corsair Dominaor + 3x1 gb Kingston Value Ram
Hard Drive
WD Black
Hard Drive
WD Green x 2
Optical Drive
LG
Power Supply
FSP1200w
Cooling
Apogee GT + EK XTX360 + 4xGentle Typhoon
Case
Lianli PC-70
Operating System
Windows 7 64-bit
Monitor
Acer P203w; BENQ G2411HD
Keyboard
Razer Tarantula
Mouse
Logitech G9
Mouse
Razer Mantis Control
Audio
Roccat Kave
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Jiv; 07-12-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Jiv is offline  
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 12:13 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 30
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by GBT-MatthewH View Post
I already have the logo! ;-) (tm)
Looks like the perfect logo to stamp into one of the fins of a passive chipset heatsink
chowbaby is offline  
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 02:57 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 30
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Jiv View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks everyone but damn, I've been calling Buildzoid Bullzoid and no one bothered to correct me .
It doesnt help that he keeps saying how all three boards are equal (Hero VIII, Aorus Master and Meg Ace). At the very least, he does point out some flaws of the Meg Ace in his videos.

GBT-atthewH
Thanks for the hardwork, fighting the good fight for us plebs. .

I'm guessing that you're based in USA right? Not to be an ass, but are Gigabyte boards really more prone to cold boot issues? *If so*, is it because of the BIOS or are there some other factors involved?

ChowBaby,
I honestly had no idea, I've never used an AMD product except for the 5970 + 5870. They used to be innovative and came out with crazy things, quad sli boards etc. (Asus had some epic gpus back then, Asus Mars?? Cant remember the name).

Both disappointed and glad that evga doesnt have an x570 board - I don't have another board to consider.



I'm going to have to wait for the CPUS to restock in Germany. Every, single, freaking, shop is out of stock except for one (they're charging 70 euros extra, screw them). Mindfactory shows that they'll have it on the 17th. that gives me 5-7 days to look up more reviews.

On a side note, can I get some advice on three issues?

1) Can someone recommend me some basic rams for now? Literally the cheapest possible ram. (my current ones are DDR3).
And before anyone says its stupid to buy a hero/master and x3900 only to cheap out on ram, I've a good reason. Friend of mine is going back to Asia in October and I just want some cheap ram to get by until Oct. Will upgrade my gpu, ram and maybe get some waterblocks (hopefully a chipset block) sometime at the end of Sept.


2) https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/46...iew/index.html
This PSU should be enough for the system right? Even if I do go for a dual gpu setup?

3) What happened to TEC cooling? Wasnt there a CoolerMaster V10 that promised to bring sub ambient cooling to the average user?
I think EVGA is Nvidia and Intel only, no AMD.
chowbaby is offline  
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 12:58 AM - Thread Starter
Jiv
New to Overclock.net
 
Jiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 268
Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
Yea, they only do Nvidia and Intel.

For RAM, I think I'll just go for some basic secondhand Kingston rams.

Software wise, is there any advantage to using the same Motherboard + GPU manufacturer? Or is that just for the RGB thingy?
ie: Logitech Gaming Software -> Mouse, Keyboard, Webcam and Headset can all be tuned from one software.

My System
(17 items)
CPU
i7 920 C0 at 4.0ghz
Motherboard
Asus Rampage II Extreme
GPU
Asus 5870 v2 + EK waterblock
GPU
Sapphire 5870
RAM
3x4gb Corsair Dominaor + 3x1 gb Kingston Value Ram
Hard Drive
WD Black
Hard Drive
WD Green x 2
Optical Drive
LG
Power Supply
FSP1200w
Cooling
Apogee GT + EK XTX360 + 4xGentle Typhoon
Case
Lianli PC-70
Operating System
Windows 7 64-bit
Monitor
Acer P203w; BENQ G2411HD
Keyboard
Razer Tarantula
Mouse
Logitech G9
Mouse
Razer Mantis Control
Audio
Roccat Kave
▲ hide details ▲
Jiv is offline  
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 05:17 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
bigblueshock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 30
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I wish we knew inside info on what boards AMD actually have in house. I know Robert Hallock uses the Crosshair Viii, so he’s probably working directly with ASUS. GBT Matthew is also on these forums for gigabyte and is active.

I was split 50/50 between GB Master and C7H. Two things sway me towards the ASUS.

1) The *potential* (treading lightly) of OptiMem III allowing lower memory voltages and higher clocks
2) The 60A on Asus vs 50A on gigabyte. 60A would be more efficient

The amount of phases past a certain point will be irrelevant. Unless you’re using LN2, but even at that...

If you ultimately think about it, you can’t go wrong with either board. Across the board, They are arguably the two best boards out there for the money. You should probably go with your gut.

I’ve had a sabertooth x79 since 2011 and it’s still going strong. Had 1 problem: the sound jack stopped working and Asus fixed/returned within a week.
bigblueshock is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off