Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme Owners Club - Page 46 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme Owners Club

post #451 of 464 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 07:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
G'day guys.. A bit of a strange request but ive recently moved house and in the process misplaced the front panel connector for my X570 extreme mother board.
Would it be at all possible one of you great blokes could take a few detailed photos of how the wiring runs from the 2mm 2x5 pinch connector to the 20 pin in order for me to attempt to make something similar?
does anyone know if these pins on the 20 pin use a common earth? I'm just trying to work out how 10 pins go to 20.. i have the page out of the gigabytes manual that shows the 20 pin, pin out - as in how to connect the front panel connectors but juat trying to work out the 2x5 pinch connector end..
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.. Gigabytes tech have been.. well hopeless.
Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 464 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 06:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by Craig Roxburgh View Post
[...] I'm just trying to work out how 10 pins go to 20.. i have the page out of the gigabytes manual that shows the 20 pin, pin out - as in how to connect the front panel connectors but juat trying to work out the 2x5 pinch connector end..
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.. Gigabytes tech have been.. well hopeless.
Craig
Say no more, i think i got you, i traced out the pins using a multimeter, hopefully i didnt make a mistake but you cant really damage much when im wrong. Enjoy and do report back if it was correct!

The small latches are at the bottom of the front-panel connector.
The colors are aligned with the colors on the original connector, the 20pin thing has internally bridged connections for some stuff so i included them there aswell.

Kind regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MoboConnector.PNG
Views:	8
Size:	342.5 KB
ID:	363356  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Connector.PNG
Views:	10
Size:	812.6 KB
ID:	363358  

post #453 of 464 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 06:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by kazukun View Post
I would like the previously released BIOS F12b.
Disclaimer:
There you go, all rights reserved to their respective owners.
Drop a reply or private message if the content violates your rights and you want it removed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip X570AORUSXTREMEF12b.zip (9.38 MB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #454 of 464 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 06:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Thank you!

post #455 of 464 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 07:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 43 (Unique: 35)
New Bios, F21. Improved PCIe device compatibility

CPU
Intel® Xeon® Processor W3690
Motherboard
EVGA 141-GT-E770 Classified
GPU
EVGA GeForce GT 210
RAM
Muskin
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Hard Drive
OCZ Vertex2 SSD
Hard Drive
8 x Samsung 1Tb F3
Power Supply
2009 Seasonic X650w Gold
Cooling
Megahalems
Case
ABS Black Pearl
Operating System
Windows 10 64 Professional
Monitor
Asus VG278H
Keyboard
Steelseries 6Gv2 Cherry MX Reds
Mouse
MS Sidewinder X3
CPU
AMD 3800X (stock)
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 AORUS XTREME (rev. 1.x) F20 bios
GPU
NVIDIA GTX 1070
RAM
G.Skill 4133, @ 3533
Hard Drive
Samsung NVME 970 Pro 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 1000 T2 Titanium
Cooling
Noctua NH D15S
Case
Corsair 800D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
HP Omen X 25f
Keyboard
SteelSeries 6Gv2 Black switches (Currently using), Bloody Gaming B820R, Corsair K70 BNIB
Mouse
Logitech G502 Hero (Currently using), Bloody Gaming SP30
Audio
Creative Zx
▲ hide details ▲
post #456 of 464 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 08:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Is it possible to get headphone level output at the back of the mainboard or is that only available to front panel audio.
My front panel audio cable is really bad and my mic picks up a lot of interference when im listening to music on a higher volume.

Line out is way too loud and there doesnt seem to be a way to re-configure the jacks.
Im running a 50 Ω headset and i dont get any sort of headphone selection thingy when i plug that into the back.
post #457 of 464 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 09:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 3)
F21
Only XMP loaded. Crashes without any stress test. Just writing this reply crashed 2 times.
3600 RAM 1800 IF

F12F
XMP loaded. No crash
3800 RAM 1900 IF

Gotta "love" new versions breaking stable builds.

R9 3950X
(26 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3950X
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
GPU
ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ROG STRIX GAMING O11G 11GB DDR5X 352-bit
RAM
F4-3600C18Q-64GTZN
Hard Drive
GIGABYTE AORUS 1TB PCI Express 4.0 x4 M.2 2280
Hard Drive
Seagate IronWolf 8TB SATA-III 7200RPM 256MB
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
Power Supply
Seasonic PRIME Ultra , 80+ Titanium, 750 W
Power Supply
APC Smart-UPS 2200VA
Cooling
Fractal Design Celsius S36 Black
Cooling
Alphacool 14 W/mk thermal pad
Case
Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Gunmetal
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 1909
Monitor
Dell S2417DG
Keyboard
Das Keyboard 4Q
Mouse
Razer Abbysus v2
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster Omni 5.1
Audio
Microlab SOLO 6C NEW
Other
Noctua NF-A14 PWM
Other
Noctua NF-A14 PWM
Other
Noctua NF-A14 PWM
Other
Noctua NF-A14 PWM
Other
Noctua NF-A12x25
Other
Noctua NF-A12x25
Other
Noctua NF-A12x25
▲ hide details ▲
post #458 of 464 (permalink) Old 08-09-2020, 07:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

I have a new build with this board this week. Been perusing this thread since last fall and looking for signs that you guys, the early adopters, are getting some stability. Seemed like the bios and drivers are getting mature, so I pulled the trigger.
I have no issues or problems but thought I'd do a little write up as it may help some would be buyer make a decision. I used to cheap out on builds but found that I got unhappy with them sooner usually leading to an upgrade every two to three years. My last build was more deluxe and lasted 9 years. It was the x58 chipset with 990x intel cpu. This gigabyte amd build may last even longer than the previous one. Its cheaper to pay up front for power, the flagship chipset, bells and whistles, and then just keep it longer.

Many things attracted me to this board: 1) the 9 - 3900x is a really good cpu. I know its not a super overclocker but I pretty well got overclocking out of my system with my last build some 9 years ago. I may fool around with the RAM a bit, but I think I'll just leave the cpu at stock settings as it seems to get most of what it has to offer just by leaving it alone. 2) Pcie 4 promises longevity for gaming. (My last system board was stuck at pcie 2, otherwise I may have used it longer. 3) The entire board is over engineered which implies reliability and longevity. Here's to hoping that bears out. 3) the audio. I'm a music lover and on my previous build I had to use an external d/a converter with headphone amp due to interference, electrical noise and overall poor sonics. So with this new board I started playing music, then paused it, and turned the volume to max. The result was no noise, no hiss, no RFI, just complete quiet. Perfect. Plus after listening for some hours I have to conclude this is the best audio I have ever heard on a PC. No listening fatigue and the sonics are natural. That means I can get the external d/a converter and wires off the desk. I've been trying to find out what the output in watts is on the audio, but no luck. anyway there is no trouble driving my cans. 4). No chip set fan. I had a couple of amd boards previously and the chipset fan was a nagging rattle trap issue. and had to replace the fan several times. Its possible that the current fans on x570 boards are higher quality, but I didn't want to take the chance. 5) Net work adapter speed seem to be overkill and "future proof" . who knows if isps will ever offer such bandwidth. 5) Reportedly, Zen 3 will be compatible with this socket and chip set further adding to the future of this pricey board and chip set. 6) Aesthetics are a bit more mature and classy. I play some teen video games, but I don't want my pc to look like I pay such games.

I never dreamed I'd pay this much for a board but when I looked at the big picture it made sense. Essentially it is upgradability to zen 3, and pcie 4 video cards, and massive capacity of the network adapters, that ensures it will be a long time before one starts to feel left behind. What tilted me toward this particular pricey board over other offerings was aesthetics, no chipset fan, apparent over engineering, and the fine audio. I recall paying upwards of 200 for a pci audio card only to find it suffered from rfi.

Case & fans: someone in the thread questioned what case were people using with this board. I chose the o11 dynamic xl. What a wonderful case. Der Bauer knows what he is doing. With the four hot swapable hd bays, and the m2 stick on the board I have no hard drive cables cluttering the case.
I'm an air cooling type, so I'm using the boxed Ryzen cooler right now. I have two 140mm (Noctua, max 2000 rpm models) fans at the top blowing air in, and two at the bottom blowing air out. The reason I did it this way was to prevent hot air from the video card getting drawn into the cpu cooler. Then I added a 120 Gentle Typhoon at the back, and this one also is blowing air in at the cpu cooler as well. At one point I stress tested the cpu with some folding at home smp work units. I lowered the case fans to minimum and the cpu fan to max to see how much noise this fan made. It is surprisingly low noise. I do hear a whirrr of moving air, but no super obnoxious drone or whine. CPU temp was 95C. Then one by one, using the Gigabyte fan utility, I increased the rpm's on the case fans and monitored the temps. I stopped increasing the fan rpm's when I noticed no more drop in cpu temperature. No point in creating more noise than is necessary. CPU temp went to 90 - 91C, keeping in mind this is with it running at 100%.

Currently my fan settings are all fans at or below 1000 rpm's up to 80C, then a steep curve up to max on the cpu cooler and 1500 on the case fans. Higher than 1500 rpms on the case fans doesn't do anything to lower temps. I don't plan on using the cpu at 100% anyway. While gaming the temp is high 50's to low 60's C. I'm happy with that. its very quiet with this arrangement. It is interesting that AMD is happy with 90 -95C temps with their cpu running at 100%. I have read that such temps reduce the longevity of the cpu, but is it really true? If it is true why would AMD offer a cooler that allows such temps? I have not seen any proof that a cpu, can't last a long time with such temps, but don't really know. Interestingly, While doing cpu stress testing I had one core briefly go to 46xx mhz, while ther remainder were 45xx for a second or so. Mostly they were around 4000 average, apparently due to high temps.

The video card, a MSI 2070 super, shows no signs of suffering considering the warm air is being blown down and out the bottom as it runs at max speed with no problems.

Hopefully I did not go to far afield with this yakety yak post. I'm super happy with this MB and the build in general is the best ever.

Thanks to all you early adopters for being the tip of the spear and documenting all the drama and info concerning bios and driver updates.
post #459 of 464 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 07:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 43 (Unique: 35)
So how many PCI Express Root Port's are you guys seeing with the latest bios? As I said before mine changed from 8 to 6. You can check using Device manager or MSI mode utility,

Thanks

p.s. wondering if my board or something is going bad

CPU
Intel® Xeon® Processor W3690
Motherboard
EVGA 141-GT-E770 Classified
GPU
EVGA GeForce GT 210
RAM
Muskin
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Hard Drive
OCZ Vertex2 SSD
Hard Drive
8 x Samsung 1Tb F3
Power Supply
2009 Seasonic X650w Gold
Cooling
Megahalems
Case
ABS Black Pearl
Operating System
Windows 10 64 Professional
Monitor
Asus VG278H
Keyboard
Steelseries 6Gv2 Cherry MX Reds
Mouse
MS Sidewinder X3
CPU
AMD 3800X (stock)
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 AORUS XTREME (rev. 1.x) F20 bios
GPU
NVIDIA GTX 1070
RAM
G.Skill 4133, @ 3533
Hard Drive
Samsung NVME 970 Pro 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 1000 T2 Titanium
Cooling
Noctua NH D15S
Case
Corsair 800D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
HP Omen X 25f
Keyboard
SteelSeries 6Gv2 Black switches (Currently using), Bloody Gaming B820R, Corsair K70 BNIB
Mouse
Logitech G502 Hero (Currently using), Bloody Gaming SP30
Audio
Creative Zx
▲ hide details ▲
post #460 of 464 (permalink) Old 08-12-2020, 08:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by OCmember View Post
So how many PCI Express Root Port's are you guys seeing with the latest bios? As I said before mine changed from 8 to 6. You can check using Device manager or MSI mode utility,

Thanks

p.s. wondering if my board or something is going bad
For me, device manager shows 5 PCI Express Root Ports and 1 PCI Express Root Complex.

I never looked at this in older BIOS versions so I can't compare...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in