[Official] MSI X570 MEG Ace motherboard club - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] MSI X570 MEG Ace motherboard club

post #11 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 05:48 PM
Overclocker & Enthusiast

Rep: 0
Hey guys, if anyone has any info about the new bios I'd appreciate it other than whats on MSI's website. Currently "struggling" on a set of A0 PCB B-die when posting at 3733 (1866 IF) e.g. it will not post on boot or restart occasionally but will always be stable once it gets it's crap together. If you found any quirks, etc are fixed I'd love any info from the previous. Thanks

CPU
Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard
MSI X570 ACE
GPU
2080Ti FE (Buildzoid edition + waterblock)
RAM
G.skill Trident Royal 4800MHz CL19
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 EVO
Power Supply
Leadex Superflower 1000W platinum
Cooling
Corsair H150i Pro
Cooling
240mm + 240mm + 140mm MLC phoenix rads with pumps integrated into both.
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv
Monitor
ASUS PG278QR
Monitor
ASUS MG28U
Keyboard
Corsair K70
Mouse
Corsair Schimitar
Other
Samsung 970 pro 1TB
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 04:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by shabbirh View Post
It seems that MSI has just today released the AGESA 1.0.0.3ab bios for the MEG X570 ACE.

I've not had a chance to test it yet - but will try and test it this evening, if you - or anyone else - gets a chance please let us know how you get on.

MSI MEG X570 ACE Support Link: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MEG-X570-ACE

Bios is versioned as 7C35v13

The Bios README file contains the following:

Thanks.
Ιam testing it now ,i can't see any difference with 1.0.0.3a ,the board is still pretty stable , i can't hit 4.4ghz on single boost with this agesa too, only with 1.0.0.3 i could but was really bad

Quote: Originally Posted by n4p0l3onic View Post
how about the VRM and chipset temperature? reviewers saying the VRM temp is not that good on this board, at least way worse than C8H and Giga Master which are in the same class and price, and because of that I'm now split between MSI and Giga... that's the VRM concern, as for the chipset temperature, well no one seem to review those area
The vrm temps for me never ecxeeds 60 celsius on heavy load or stress testing chipset temps stays about 50-58 celsius and i have never heared the chipset fan.

Black&White
(12 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen R5 2600Χ
Motherboard
Asus Rog Crosshair VII HERO
GPU
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ F4 4000C18D 16GTZKW
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 250GB
Power Supply
Corsair CX650M
Cooling
EK Supremacy MX - EK FC970 GTX WF3 - Phobya G-Changer 360 V.2 360mm Radiator - Mayhems Pastel UV White
Case
Corsair Carbide 270R
Monitor
Dell P2717H
Keyboard
Dell KM714
Mouse
Dell KM714
Audio
M-AUDIO BX 5a
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by kazablanka; 07-30-2019 at 04:22 AM.
post #13 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 61 (Unique: 40)
Quote: Originally Posted by jamexman View Post
How’s the latest bios on this board? Any bugs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bios v 1.3 was just released on August 1. It is fully stable. I have not bothered with Precision Overboost. I have an every day manual overclock of 4.2 GHZ on all cores/ I have a top-rated AIO: the Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme 280 . The MEG Ace X570 is rock solid and fives great memory overclocking capability. My opinion is that is better built than the Asus Crosshair Hero VIII. The memory traces are buried completely in the 6 layer PCB fabric . The VRM is highly lauded by Buildzoid. I am waiting for a price drop in pciE 4 x4 NVMEdrives. Right now I have mySamsung 970 EVO drive as my boot drive and a couple of ssd drives.
My memory is dual rank twin 16GB G.Skill DDR4 4000 dimms. I am running them at 3600mhz CL14-15-16-16-34-48-352. If I can scrape some money together in a few months I will pop for a 4 dimm kit of G.Skill Trident Z Neo3800mhz kit at 14CL. I am sure it is quite pricey.
I do think you will like the Ace motherboard. If you have a MicroCenter store near you they have good motherboard sales and motherboard cpu-combo pricing.

Technology is NOT a liberator . Whom technology serves is a class question.
Technology wielded by the capitalist class benefits only the exploiters.
Technology wielded by the working class will serve ALL Humanity.
Ryzen 9 3900X at 4.2 GHZ, MSI X570 MEG ACE motherboard, AlphaCool Eisbaer 360 cpu AIO cooler
32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 4000mhz CL-19-19-19-39 1.35v Samsung 970 EVO m.2 NVMe 1TB
AMD Radeon VII gpu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by ComansoRowlett View Post
Hey guys, if anyone has any info about the new bios I'd appreciate it other than whats on MSI's website. Currently "struggling" on a set of A0 PCB B-die when posting at 3733 (1866 IF) e.g. it will not post on boot or restart occasionally but will always be stable once it gets it's crap together. If you found any quirks, etc are fixed I'd love any info from the previous. Thanks
Most Ryzen 3000 series cpus ( I have a 3900X) have problems with 3733mhz memory. Theoretically it should be fine but the cpus , unless they are like one in 50 can't be stable with infinity fabric above 1800mhz. Buildzoid has a cpu that can handle 1900mhz infinity fabric but he admits it is 1 in a 100 chance. So 3600mhz memory with 1800 fabric speed is going to predominate. perhaps some will luck out with 1833mhz fabric and be able to get a stable 3666mhz memory overclock to produce better results.

Ryzen 9 3900X at 4.2 GHZ, MSI X570 MEG ACE motherboard, AlphaCool Eisbaer 360 cpu AIO cooler
32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 4000mhz CL-19-19-19-39 1.35v Samsung 970 EVO m.2 NVMe 1TB
AMD Radeon VII gpu

Last edited by os2wiz; 08-11-2019 at 07:47 PM.
post #15 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 01:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
From a Asus Crosshair VII hero to a MSA Meg X570 Ace and I have to say not bad. Still getting the hang of the board so not there as yet, but so far not too bad. The bios is a little confusing, but mostly because I am used to Asus, I'll get used to this eventually but for now I am happy. I'll post some results with my 3900X when I've settled in.

AMD
(9 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
GALAX RTX 2080 TI OC
RAM
G.Skill f4-3200c14d-16gtzr tridentz rgb
Hard Drive
Crucial MX300 M.2 SSD
Power Supply
Corsair HX1200i
Cooling
CoolerMaster MLW-D24M-A20PC-R1 MasterLiquid ML240L 240mm RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell U2717D 27" UltraSharp InfinityEdge LED Monitor
▲ hide details ▲
post #16 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 11:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by n4p0l3onic View Post
how about the VRM and chipset temperature? reviewers saying the VRM temp is not that good on this board, at least way worse than C8H and Giga Master which are in the same class and price, and because of that I'm now split between MSI and Giga... that's the VRM concern, as for the chipset temperature, well no one seem to review those area

I've got my switch frequency cranked to 1000, and my VRMos temp hangs around 40C. Chipset hangs between 40C and 60C.

Quote: Originally Posted by os2wiz View Post
Bios v 1.3 was just released on August 1. It is fully stable. I have not bothered with Precision Overboost. I have an every day manual overclock of 4.2 GHZ on all cores/ I have a top-rated AIO: the Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme 280 . The MEG Ace X570 is rock solid and fives great memory overclocking capability. My opinion is that is better built than the Asus Crosshair Hero VIII. The memory traces are buried completely in the 6 layer PCB fabric . The VRM is highly lauded by Buildzoid. I am waiting for a price drop in pciE 4 x4 NVMEdrives. Right now I have mySamsung 970 EVO drive as my boot drive and a couple of ssd drives.
My memory is dual rank twin 16GB G.Skill DDR4 4000 dimms. I am running them at 3600mhz CL14-15-16-16-34-48-352. If I can scrape some money together in a few months I will pop for a 4 dimm kit of G.Skill Trident Z Neo3800mhz kit at 14CL. I am sure it is quite pricey.
I do think you will like the Ace motherboard. If you have a MicroCenter store near you they have good motherboard sales and motherboard cpu-combo pricing.

I am generally liking my Ace, too. But I've seen better 3800X overclocks coming from the Crosshair Hero VIII. I suspect our BIOS is a bit of a limiting factor. It seems unfinished.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	will_it_blend.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	528.8 KB
ID:	286656  

Click image for larger version

Name:	sub65!.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	286658  

Last edited by ver_21; 08-06-2019 at 11:48 AM.
post #17 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by VPII View Post
From a Asus Crosshair VII hero to a MSA Meg X570 Ace and I have to say not bad. Still getting the hang of the board so not there as yet, but so far not too bad. The bios is a little confusing, but mostly because I am used to Asus, I'll get used to this eventually but for now I am happy. I'll post some results with my 3900X when I've settled in.
Actually the MSI bios is simpler and more straight forward than the Asus Crosshair bios. Asus has a way of inventing their own nomenclature for settings to make people think it is better. I used to have the Crosshair IV and the Crosshair V. I even bought the Crosshair VI on launch day for Ryzen 1st generation. Asus had loadeda bios that would not post and that was the breaking point for me and Asus. No apologies just a kick in the ass. They are too cocky and without much reason. I have no t bothered with precision boost . It wasn't working well at first and I am smart enough to get a maximum overclock without AMD's help. I have zero interest in 1 core boost as there are few games that really benefit from it and I will not buy those games and reward bad coders and developers for games that are technically poor.

AMD Radeon VII gpu

Last edited by os2wiz; 08-06-2019 at 04:25 PM.
post #18 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 09:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Actually the MSI bios is simpler and more straight forward than the Asus Crosshair bios. Asus has a way of inventing their own nomenclature for settings to make people think it is better. I used to have the Crosshair IV and the Crosshair V. I even bought the Crosshair VI on launch day for Ryzen 1st generation. Asus had loadeda bios that would not post and that was the breaking point for me and Asus. No apologies just a kick in the ass. They are too cocky and without much reason. I have no t bothered with precision boost . It wasn't working well at first and I am smart enough to get a maximum overclock without AMD's help. I have zero interest in 1 core boost as there are few games that really benefit from it and I will not buy those games and reward bad coders and developers for games that are technically poor.
Hi thanks for the explanation, my c7h was actually pretty good, but I think I killed it with ln2 and dry ice.

I do have a question though. The only way I am able to manually overclock my Ryzen 9 3900x is with the knob on the board. The clocks in the bios is greyed out even if I disable the knob in the bios. Sny idea whst I may have missed.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

AMD
(9 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
GALAX RTX 2080 TI OC
RAM
Hard Drive
Crucial MX300 M.2 SSD
Power Supply
Corsair HX1200i
Cooling
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
▲ hide details ▲
post #19 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by VPII View Post
Hi thanks for the explanation, my c7h was actually pretty good, but I think I killed it with ln2 and dry ice.

I do have a question though. The only way I am able to manually overclock my Ryzen 9 3900x is with the knob on the board. The clocks in the bios is greyed out even if I disable the knob in the bios. Sny idea whst I may have missed.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
THat should not be. Are you on the latest bios??? It may be possible that you did not set everything to default, reboot and then go into M-flash upon reboot. I would reapply the 1.3 bios after you make sure you restore defaults reboot and then M-flash . Sounds like your bios got corrupted in some way. That happened to me on my X470 motherboard once where I could only use gameboost. It was some lame beta bios when it occurred. I may have failed to set everything to default when I flashed that bios. Let us know what happens .

AMD Radeon VII gpu
post #20 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

THat should not be. Are you on the latest bios??? It may be possible that you did not set everything to default, reboot and then go into M-flash upon reboot. I would reapply the 1.3 bios after you make sure you restore defaults reboot and then M-flash . Sounds like your bios got corrupted in some way. That happened to me on my X470 motherboard once where I could only use gameboost. It was some lame beta bios when it occurred. I may have failed to set everything to default when I flashed that bios. Let us know what happens .
Thanks I'll try that.... I am on the 1.0.0.3AB Agesa bios

AMD
(9 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
GALAX RTX 2080 TI OC
RAM
Hard Drive
Crucial MX300 M.2 SSD
Power Supply
Corsair HX1200i
Cooling
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in