[Official] MSI X570 MEG Ace motherboard club - Page 35 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Official] MSI X570 MEG Ace motherboard club

post #341 of 359 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 02:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
@greg1184 , interesting .. I will try to raise chipset soc voltage also, because I have instability when I raise cpu limits (ppt/tdc/edc) even with only 10% above stock.

Ryzen 3950X, MSI MEG X570 Unify, EK-P360 water kit, G.skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZN, 1080 Ti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #342 of 359 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 07:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
so, I just got delivery of 3900x and ACE mobo. Starting to prep for the build (still waiting for cooler to arrive). Went to download latest drivers etc, I see the realtek HDA and Nahimic3 need to come via windows store. Sounds like they don't even ship with the bundled CD?! Never come across that before with other brands. It seems ridiculous not to ship them with the product! I'm sure this would be great if this machine could hook up to the internet (which it eventually will, but not for a while as I tend to run offline with no AV/IS while I get things stable).

Can anyone tell me if those are just optional or are they essential drivers for things to work at all? If essential is there any way to get them as offline installers (preferably independent of the MS store which I loath)?
post #343 of 359 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 05:41 PM
Elite Beer Drinker

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Congrats on your new board, I found that a little weird also going to the microsoft store for sound drivers..enjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #344 of 359 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 06:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Bartholdi View Post
I tried this bios. Still only 4.1 on the Ryzen 3600. Was 4.2 with the original. Ram set to xmp in both instances.

4.3 stable on the new bios. BTw

Ryzen 5 3600, 4.3 GHz Coolermaster 240R
x570 MEG ACE
Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 C16 BK DC - 32GB
ASUS 1080ti STRIX with G12 & Kraken x62.
Corsair Force MP600 NVMe Gen4 M.2 - 1TB & 850 EVO pro 500GB
Moddet Silencio 650 + 4 SP120/140 corsair fans (11 fans & two pumps total)
ROG SWIFT PG348Q
post #345 of 359 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 07:46 PM
TheyCallMeDanger

RMA fixed bios crash

Quote: Originally Posted by abvolt View Post
Hello @TheyCallMeDange many users have complained that Dragon Center creates more issues then it's worth and if you do a few googles you'll find the same is said of Ryzen Master I never use windows run software to overclock you might start with removing the software and do your overclocking in bios sorry I can't help more I have no issues with my rig. Good luck
Thanks for the confirmation on the Dragon Center. Yeah, it's removed now after I set the lighting with it... I really don't want to overclock much, just a little, as I intend to use the machine for development and keep it for about 5 years. I need it to run reliably. Turns out my mobo had a basic problem with just crashing! After a few hours it displayed 0 for temperature, nothing else. Had to RMA it and wait a couple weeks. MSI swapped it for another one, and this new one appears to work. Yay! I finally have a decent system. It has a few quirks, but it is cool, and it is fast, and it is usable as a dev box, so I am happy.

Thanks!
post #346 of 359 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 07:51 PM
TheyCallMeDanger

Duplicate post removed!
post #347 of 359 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 11:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/supp...-ACE#down-bios

Version
7C35v18
Release Date
2020-01-16
File Size
14.76 MB
Description
- Improved optical device compatibility.
- Improved TPM function
- Improved NVME device compatibility.

New bios is dated from 16/1 , but i dont see it until now.Did someone test it?
post #348 of 359 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 65 (Unique: 42)
Quote: Originally Posted by kazama View Post
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/supp...-ACE#down-bios

Version
7C35v18
Release Date
2020-01-16
File Size
14.76 MB
Description
- Improved optical device compatibility.
- Improved TPM function
- Improved NVME device compatibility.

New bios is dated from 16/1 , but i dont see it until now.Did someone test it?

This bios is much improved over v 1.7 My benchmaark performance is very similar to what I get under bios 1.5. I am still in the processs of testing an overclock above 4.2 GHZ. As ssoon as I have completed testing , I will report it. I am back to Fabric clock of 1900mhz and 3800Mhz memory overclock with 1:1 divider. No need for higher voltages than on 1.5 bios.

Technology is NOT a liberator . Whom technology serves is a class question.
Technology wielded by the capitalist class benefits only the exploiters.
Technology wielded by the working class will serve ALL Humanity.
Ryzen 9 3900X 4.275GHZ Sabrent 2TB pcieE 4.0 NVMe drive, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TB
AMD Radeon VII gpu, MSI X570 MEG ACE motherboard, AlphaCool Eisbaer 280 Extreme
32GB G.skill TridentZ NEO DDR4 3600mhz CL16-16-16-36 1.35V
post #349 of 359 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 65 (Unique: 42)
Quote: Originally Posted by os2wiz View Post
This bios is much improved over v 1.7 My benchmaark performance is very similar to what I get under bios 1.5. I am still in the processs of testing an overclock above 4.2 GHZ. As ssoon as I have completed testing , I will report it. I am back to Fabric clock of 1900mhz and 3800Mhz memory overclock with 1:1 divider. No need for higher voltages than on 1.5 bios.
Unfortunately I am recanting my initial optimism. With further use I encountered major system instabilities even when reducing my overclock to 4..175 GHZ. For some reason my Sabrent which was the preferred boot drive was removed the menu of bootable devices. I put it back in the bios boot order and it worked but a whole hot of other issues developed.with it or without it as boot drive. I reinstalled bios 1.5 and the instabilities are gone. So I am back to bios version 1.5 once more.

Technology is NOT a liberator . Whom technology serves is a class question.
Technology wielded by the capitalist class benefits only the exploiters.
Technology wielded by the working class will serve ALL Humanity.
Ryzen 9 3900X 4.275GHZ Sabrent 2TB pcieE 4.0 NVMe drive, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TB
AMD Radeon VII gpu, MSI X570 MEG ACE motherboard, AlphaCool Eisbaer 280 Extreme
32GB G.skill TridentZ NEO DDR4 3600mhz CL16-16-16-36 1.35V
post #350 of 359 (permalink) Old 02-19-2020, 02:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDange View Post
Thanks for the confirmation on the Dragon Center. Yeah, it's removed now after I set the lighting with it... I really don't want to overclock much, just a little, as I intend to use the machine for development and keep it for about 5 years. I need it to run reliably. Turns out my mobo had a basic problem with just crashing! After a few hours it displayed 0 for temperature, nothing else. Had to RMA it and wait a couple weeks. MSI swapped it for another one, and this new one appears to work. Yay! I finally have a decent system. It has a few quirks, but it is cool, and it is fast, and it is usable as a dev box, so I am happy.

Thanks!

I just did a full windows install to cleanup the clutter of my old install. Once I put Dragon Center on there is messed up my Ryzen Master. I don't use either to overclock but was using RM to monitor stuff. I was using Dragon Center before on my previous install to just change the LED color to a solid one and nothing else. Once removed all was well again. And the re-install raised my R20 scores of the last last install. Anyway love the board.

MSI MEG X570 Ace
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
EVGA CLC 280 AIO, Corsair Crystal 570x RGB Case
32GB Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 3600 @3800
MSI Geforce RTX 2080 Super Ventus SX OC w/ Acer Predator X34P

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in