GB X570 AORUS PRO or ASRock X570 Taichi - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GB X570 AORUS PRO or ASRock X570 Taichi

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
GB X570 AORUS PRO or ASRock X570 Taichi

Hi,

I need a little help with deciding what's best to get. Aorus Pro Taichi?
I like the overkilled Taichi and it's looks, but I hear that it has problems with chipset overheating since the GPU is too close to it and don't like the position of USB C header at all. Now, I can live without USB C, but if the problems with the bad position of the chipset are real and that GPUs blows warm air directly in it, then that's something I cannot overlook.

Aorus Pro, on the other hand, has good bios as far as I've seen, actually, GB is most up to date with their support. USB C is positioned good, looks also good, it has a good chipset fan profile and overall it seems like a good board.

Price-wise, Taichi costs a little bit more, but it also has more stuff and I almost ordered it before I stumbled upon those chipset problems which I'm not yet sure if they are real or not.
Also, how is the fan on Taichi?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 05:44 PM
⤷ αC

Rep: 899 (Unique: 589)
The Taichi recently had a fan profile update (https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570%20Taichi/#BIOS) but I'm not sure on the specifics of it. The only thing that the Taichi really has over the Aorus Pro is the 3rd M.2 and debug LED. You can generally live without the power+reset buttons.

The Aorus Pro is a well rounded board and the power delivery is arguably better for realistic loads since it's using IR powerstages cooled by a finned heatsink.

You can't really go wrong with either features-wise.

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 02:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
You should be fine with the Taichi, the new bios should solve the fan curve.
Been a Taichi X470 user and it's been amazing and pretty sure It will handle the 12 core with easy that is coming next week.
If I didn't had, it would be probably my choice, good amount of features, looks awesome and priced pretty good for what it offers.

Here's what Gamersnexus said about a bunch of X570's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in