[OFFICIAL] ASRock X570 Overclocking and Support Thread - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[OFFICIAL] ASRock X570 Overclocking and Support Thread

post #21 of 271 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter
External VRM FTW

Quote: Originally Posted by Emmett View Post
Hello

I have been an intel guy for quite awhile. picked up a 3900x and a taichi X570.

My memory sticks are GSKILL TridentZ F4-4500C19D-16GTZKKE

I am having just a bit of trouble with the memory aspect. I have 2x8 sticks in A1 and B1.
The highest I can get is 3133. just selecting manual mem speed. the XMP does not work. I did not think it would.
I tried all 3 of the asrock mem profiles. I have not changed SOC, or infinity fabric.
The sticks are NOT on the QVL. Any tips?

I also have HyperX predator HX4400C19P83Ak2/16
and TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-64GTZ

the hyperX is in a different system, and the 64 gig kit is 3200 a bit slow.

Thanks.
Typically you would always want to be in the outside slots (A2 and B2) for the best memory compatibility. However, on this system I don't think it would make as big of a difference as it would on other systems. You should definitely try the outside slots, and also start with a stock bios. Hit F9 to load defaults, then load the Corsair Dominator memory profile, then hit F10. With that nice 2x8gb kit of B-Die you have, it should just simply work without any tweaking necessary. Once you get the basic profile working from a stock bios, then setup your core OC or whatever.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wickedtme View Post
New Bios out, 1.70A, to improve destiny 2 game play, wonder what has changed, anybody know?
Nick was working on memory "auto" rules, which means the board can train memory easier when some secondary/tertiary timings are set to auto instead of manually configured. Also, I think a few minor bug fixes.

Quote: Originally Posted by rkinslo View Post
Hello all,

I have a Ryzen 7 3700x Asrock x570 Taichi board, EVGA RTX 2080 TI FTW WITH EVGA Hydro Copper Waterblock , EKWB EK-Supremacy EVO AMD CPU Water Block (Acetal+Nickel), 2X8 Team Dark Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model TDPGD416G3200HC14ADC01, Intel 760p Series M.2 2280 512GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 3D2 TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SSDPEKKW512G8XT, AND Black Ice Nemesis 360GTX® Dual-Core Xtreme Profile Radiator - Black Carbon PUSH/PULL EK-Vardar EVO 120ER Black BB (500-2200rpm).

I am using same OC setting as in this post and system is shutting down when I run CineBench r15 and Geekbench 4 at 4200 mhz 1.30 vc

Any help would be greatly appreciated
You are miles away from hitting any sort of board power limit, so you probably just need more Vcore. The chips can handle a lot of Vcore, so don't be afraid to blast it for testing purposes...epically since you are on water. Did you touch the PBO settings at all? If you don't want to run more than 1.30v for whatever reason, then I would drop down to 4G and start testing for stability from that point.

24/7 BENCH
(9 items)
CPU
[LGA115x] 8700k, 7700K, 7350k, G3258
CPU
[LGA2066] 7940X, 7740X
Motherboard
[OCF FTW] X299 OCF, Z170M OCF, Z97 OCF
GPU
E-Power, G-Power, H-Power, A-Power
RAM
B-DIE, HYKO, PSC, MFR
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Platinum 1200W
Cooling
Kingpin Cooling: Venom & T-REX
Cooling
2x360 RAD Custom Loop
Case
Dimastech Easy V3.0
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 271 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter
External VRM FTW

I did a quick analysis of the memory performance of a few different memory configurations. It should be obvious from the results that keeping the memory and fabric clock as close to 1:1 as possible is deal. If I was able to test up near 4800MHz I think it might be interesting because the fabric clock would be in a good range (1200).

Let me know think, and if you want to see more comparisons

24/7 BENCH
(9 items)
CPU
CPU
[LGA2066] 7940X, 7740X
Motherboard
GPU
RAM
B-DIE, HYKO, PSC, MFR
Power Supply
Cooling
Cooling
2x360 RAD Custom Loop
Case
Dimastech Easy V3.0
▲ hide details ▲

post #23 of 271 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 03:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hello, i spent a great amount of time trying to oc my PV416G340C6K patriot 3400mhz CL16 ram to no avail. I used to hit 3600mhz with the default d.o.c.p settings on my x470 prime pro asus board together with a 2700x but now i cant even seem to hit 3400mhz at CL16 on my x570 taichi + 3700x. I tried manually overclocking of course with the help of the Ryzen DRAM calculator but didn't even got it to post with the safe settings, i did get it to post with 3600 , 3733 CL16 frequencies though it was unstable with lots of errors.

I got a response also from Patriot :

Unfortunately, AMD has been dragging their feet with releasing updates to support higher frequency DRAM in their Ryzen platform. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to hit 3000+ MHz but we have qualified those speeds with consistency in several motherboards.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Make sure to be using the A2 and B2 slots, or as designated in the motherboard manual

• Updating to the latest version of the BIOS

• Load Optimized Defaults and enable XMP (DOCP)

• Go to Frequency and change it to 2400 MHz and then Save and Exit

• If it holds and saves, increase to 2667 MHz

• Repeat this process until you have reached 3000+ MHz

Should you continue to run into issues, we suggest the following:

• Raising the voltage to 1.35v towards 1.45v incrementally

• Slightly raising CPU voltage

I managed to get it stable at 3200mhz CL16 lets hope AMD and ASRock get some updates out soon.

Last edited by silot; 07-31-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 271 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 03:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by mllrkllr88 View Post
Let me know think, and if you want to see more comparisons
Dude that's amazing, are you using the same ram sticks? It looks like the modules are different but at the same speed.
post #25 of 271 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 03:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Typically you would always want to be in the outside slots (A2 and B2) for the best memory compatibility. However, on this system I don't think it would make as big of a difference as it would on other systems. You should definitely try the outside slots, and also start with a stock bios. Hit F9 to load defaults, then load the Corsair Dominator memory profile, then hit F10. With that nice 2x8gb kit of B-Die you have, it should just simply work without any tweaking necessary. Once you get the basic profile working from a stock bios, then setup your core OC or whatever.

Nick was working on memory "auto" rules, which means the board can train memory easier when some secondary/tertiary timings are set to auto instead of manually configured. Also, I think a few minor bug fixes.

You are miles away from hitting any sort of board power limit, so you probably just need more Vcore. The chips can handle a lot of Vcore, so don't be afraid to blast it for testing purposes...epically since you are on water. Did you touch the PBO settings at all? If you don't want to run more than 1.30v for whatever reason, then I would drop down to 4G and start testing for stability from that point.
Thanks for the reply

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Taichi X570, Trident Z Royal Silver 3600Mhz fast, Asus Strix RTX2080 OC, Samsung 970 Evo Plus Nvme 1Tb, Evga 850W G+, Nzxt Kraken X62 AIO
post #26 of 271 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter
External VRM FTW

Quote: Originally Posted by silot View Post
Hello, i spent a great amount of time trying to oc my PV416G340C6K patriot 3400mhz CL16 ram to no avail. I used to hit 3600mhz with the default d.o.c.p settings on my x470 prime pro asus board together with a 2700x but now i cant even seem to hit 3400mhz at CL16 on my x570 taichi + 3700x. I tried manually overclocking of course with the help of the Ryzen DRAM calculator but didn't even got it to post with the safe settings, i did get it to post with 3600 , 3733 CL16 frequencies though it was unstable with lots of errors.

I got a response also from Patriot :

Unfortunately, AMD has been dragging their feet with releasing updates to support higher frequency DRAM in their Ryzen platform. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to hit 3000+ MHz but we have qualified those speeds with consistency in several motherboards.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps:
• Make sure to be using the A2 and B2 slots, or as designated in the motherboard manual
• Updating to the latest version of the BIOS
• Load Optimized Defaults and enable XMP (DOCP)
• Go to Frequency and change it to 2400 MHz and then Save and Exit
• If it holds and saves, increase to 2667 MHz
• Repeat this process until you have reached 3000+ MHz

Should you continue to run into issues, we suggest the following:
• Raising the voltage to 1.35v towards 1.45v incrementally
• Slightly raising CPU voltage

I managed to get it stable at 3200mhz CL16 lets hope AMD and ASRock get some updates out soon.
That is actually really good advice from Patriot with regard to memory setup and training. I don't think a bios update will do anything for you. It is going to come down to IC quality, as memory OC has changed from the previous generation. It sounds like you are running Hynix MFR memory, but I've seen some incredibly bad B-Die IC's from Patriot too. I would follow their steps and keep bumping the memory voltage when it fails. You may as well try up to 1.60v to see if that helps (you don't need to run it 24/7 there but you can test to see if it has any effect).

Quote: Originally Posted by Nehuy View Post
Dude that's amazing, are you using the same ram sticks? It looks like the modules are different but at the same speed.
Yes, it's the same kit of memory for all tests. They are Team Group 4800 XMP with strong Samsung B-DIE IC's and they are running the A2 PCB layout. I tested A0 layout also and they perform about the same.

24/7 BENCH
(9 items)
CPU
CPU
[LGA2066] 7940X, 7740X
Motherboard
GPU
RAM
B-DIE, HYKO, PSC, MFR
Power Supply
Cooling
Cooling
2x360 RAD Custom Loop
Case
Dimastech Easy V3.0
▲ hide details ▲

post #27 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 05:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Thank You
post #28 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 11:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

That is actually really good advice from Patriot with regard to memory setup and training. I don't think a bios update will do anything for you. It is going to come down to IC quality, as memory OC has changed from the previous generation. It sounds like you are running Hynix MFR memory, but I've seen some incredibly bad B-Die IC's from Patriot too. I would follow their steps and keep bumping the memory voltage when it fails. You may as well try up to 1.60v to see if that helps (you don't need to run it 24/7 there but you can test to see if it has any effect).

Yes, it's the same kit of memory for all tests. They are Team Group 4800 XMP with strong Samsung B-DIE IC's and they are running the A2 PCB layout. I tested A0 layout also and they perform about the same.
I still think it has to do with the BIOS i remember the same thing happening on X470 on early BIOS i couldn't get my ram to run at XMP settings or above had to clock it down and after updating the BIOS mentioning better ram support i got it to the XMP settings and above just fine , the same happens now with X570 i tried pushing the ram voltage with XMP settings and the DRAM calc safe settings up to 1.5v and couldn't get to post. The patriot memory is Hynix CJR.
post #29 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 12:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Emmett View Post
Hello

I have been an intel guy for quite awhile. picked up a 3900x and a taichi X570.

My memory sticks are GSKILL TridentZ F4-4500C19D-16GTZKKE
The sticks are NOT on the QVL. Any tips?
NEW!!! DRAM Calculator for Ryzen™ 1.6.0
https://www.overclock.net/forum/13-a...ram-bench.html

post #30 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 08:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

G.Skill F4-3600C 19D-3200GTRS support? I do not see this in the QVL, but I have 64gb of this RAM and a 3900x. I am looking for a Mobo that will run this. The X570 Taichi is one of the leading contenders, but the cgdirector site basically says that if you are planning for 4 sticks of DDR, to look elsewhere. Not looking to do much for overclocking, as this workstation will be for CAD and 3d photometrics models. I will also be running a couple of VMs as I like to compile my own Android ROMs for my phone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in