(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master Overclocking Thread) - Page 12 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master Overclocking Thread)

post #111 of 118 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 02:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I have the following rig:
Ryzen 3900x
Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master
64 GB of G Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz (18-22-22-42, F4-3600C18Q-64GTZN) RAM
Windows 10 on a Samsung 970 Evo Plus
In case you need it my Windows 10 is Build 18362.356

and I am having the occasional problem booting into Windows. It seems to go away when I reinstall Windows, but I've done a clean install and it was working for a little bit and then it started acting up again.
I ran a memtest and everything checked out with 0 errors, and also ran a superposition test and that passed with no errors. When I do successfully boot up, it is a very slow boot considering it's a NVME SSD....
I also would like some overclocking help when I get it working fully again and can send any information you need for you to help me.

Is my slot booting a C state issue or is it hardware. Has anyone has seen/heard of this slow booting issue

Last edited by Josh Cox; 10-15-2019 at 02:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 118 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 07:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Belcebuu View Post
Does anyone have the Gskill 3600c15 working with the x570 Master ? it is not in the memory support list, should it matter?

I am having errors all the time, even trying to set it to its defaults 3600c15 (gear down disable to get odd latency)
Hi Belcebuu,

Not sure if you got my PM reply. I have a couple of tips to try and get you stable considering I have same exact setup (3600 Cas 15 G.skills). I would advise against using XMP. Spend the extra 10 minutes and put the timings/voltages in manually into the BIOS.

1) Make sure they're in the correct physical DIMM configuration on motherboard. Slot A2 and B2

2) Download Ryzen DRAM Calculator 1.6.2. Click the purple R-XMP button. *Side Note: From what I've seen, this will give the loosest timings across the board just to get you started on stability. I've had trouble using my Typhoon XMP Imports with the latest ABBA Bios (was unstable on FAST))

3) Calculate SAFE or Calculate FAST. Obviously FAST will give you tighter timings, but up to you which one you want to try.

4) Screenshot and Print out both the MAIN tab and ADVANCED tab. Print them on a printer, and go into BIOS. I wouldn't worry about any additional calculators. Check off one by one on the sheet you printed out as you input them into the BIOS (so you dont miss any)

For the options of MIN / REC / MAX, I was able to get away with using the Minimums. If you're unstable, try switching the voltages to Recommended.

Last but not least, go into the MEMbench tab and choose MEMBench mode, and run. Sometimes errors will come within the first 2 minutes if you're unstable. If not, let it run until it finishes.
post #113 of 118 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 02:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by bigblueshock View Post
Hi Belcebuu,

Not sure if you got my PM reply. I have a couple of tips to try and get you stable considering I have same exact setup (3600 Cas 15 G.skills). I would advise against using XMP. Spend the extra 10 minutes and put the timings/voltages in manually into the BIOS.

1) Make sure they're in the correct physical DIMM configuration on motherboard. Slot A2 and B2

2) Download Ryzen DRAM Calculator 1.6.2. Click the purple R-XMP button. *Side Note: From what I've seen, this will give the loosest timings across the board just to get you started on stability. I've had trouble using my Typhoon XMP Imports with the latest ABBA Bios (was unstable on FAST))

3) Calculate SAFE or Calculate FAST. Obviously FAST will give you tighter timings, but up to you which one you want to try.

4) Screenshot and Print out both the MAIN tab and ADVANCED tab. Print them on a printer, and go into BIOS. I wouldn't worry about any additional calculators. Check off one by one on the sheet you printed out as you input them into the BIOS (so you dont miss any)

For the options of MIN / REC / MAX, I was able to get away with using the Minimums. If you're unstable, try switching the voltages to Recommended.

Last but not least, go into the MEMbench tab and choose MEMBench mode, and run. Sometimes errors will come within the first 2 minutes if you're unstable. If not, let it run until it finishes.
Thanks man, I returned them. I read they have high RMA in newegg and in some forums

CPU: Ryzen 3800X, Motherboard: Asus x570 Aorus Master, Cooler: Corsair h150i pro
RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Flare X [email protected] C16
GPU: Strix 2080ti [email protected]
MONITOR: Alienware AW3418DW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 118 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 01:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Belcebuu View Post
Thanks man, I returned them. I read they have high RMA in newegg and in some forums
No problem. I may one day go for a 32GB kit. I don't think 16GB will hit limits for gaming anytime soon, but will in the lifetime of our Ryzen x570 systems. Unfortunately when I got my kit, the Neo's were not out yet. If I had to re-do buying memory, I'd probably get a 32GB kit like these...

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-...82E16820232860
post #115 of 118 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 09:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

1usmus Custom Power Plan

Bios F10

I found Global C-state Control, Power Supply idle Control, CPPC Preferred Cores

I found not CPPC, AMD Cool´n´Qiuet and PPC Adjustment
post #116 of 118 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 10:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Markus77 View Post
1usmus Custom Power Plan

Bios F10

I found Global C-state Control, Power Supply idle Control, CPPC Preferred Cores

I found not CPPC, AMD Cool´n´Qiuet and PPC Adjustment
Some options are hidden. It is normal and will be by default.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/1...cessors/2.html

"If you can't find certain settings, such as "AMD Cool'n'Quiet" or "PPC Adjustment", do not worry, they are of secondary importance. Some motherboard manufacturers just hide them."
post #117 of 118 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 10:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by OverCloke View Post
Some options are hidden. It is normal and will be by default.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/1...cessors/2.html

"If you can't find certain settings, such as "AMD Cool'n'Quiet" or "PPC Adjustment", do not worry, they are of secondary importance. Some motherboard manufacturers just hide them."
Wait, other mb manufacturers have this settings in x570 bios and gigabyte don't?

post #118 of 118 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 11:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by bluechris View Post
Wait, other mb manufacturers have this settings in x570 bios and gigabyte don't?
Available settings, the label of those settings, the precision of those settings, and the grouping and access to settings vary quite a bit from mobo mnfg to mobo mnfg outside of a handful of the most commonly used settings.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in