(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master Overclocking Thread) - Page 22 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master Overclocking Thread)

post #211 of 214 (permalink) Old 02-01-2020, 12:59 PM
Not that new...

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by Roboionator View Post
Please can you give me all numbers for set up ram, i tried but no success.
thx
Sure, just remember that there is no guarantee what works for one set of components will work for another - even if all things are identical. AKA the silicon lottery.
The ram kit I am using is the Bdie variant of the NEO 3600 CL 16, not the Hynix CJR. So that's something to check. The 3900X I'm using seems to handle the 1900 IF OK. (Tested with 4 different kits of Ram and on two different motherboards.) It's not guaranteed the Infinity Fabric can be clocked to 1900 - That's another possibility for not being able to achieve the same settings.

This is working for my system (Image attached was saved when I setup my system.):

I am using the values from the recommended column where ever there is an option to choose. With a couple exceptions - my DRAM Voltage is 1.4 not 1.42, and tRRDS is 4 not 3. And, one more thing on cLDO VDDG - I used that same value for both cLDO VDDG IOD and cLDO VDDG CCD.

Inside the Master UEFI - be sure to be careful when entering these values in - the ordering of the settings is not the same (you can't just take the settings from the calculator and start entering them into the bios/UEFI going straight down the list one for one). Also, where ever there is a setting in the UEFI that the DRAM calculator did not cover I left it at Auto.

Disclaimer:
I don't recommend just blanket using my timings - I suggest you calculate a custom set based off your ram kit.
Get/install Thaiphoon burner - read your dimms, click report scroll to bottom and click Show settings in nanoseconds. Now export that report as complete HTML - save it somewhere.

Get/Install Ryzen DRAM calculator (latest version is 1.7.0 as I post) set it up for your memory and ranks CPU/Chipset etc. Then click import XMP point it to the HTML report of your ram you created with Thaiphoon burner. now click Calculate Fast or SAFE - Try the settings out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3600Bdie kit 3800.png
Views:	46
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	323326  

On the bench now: x570 Master, 3950X, 32GB (2x16) @3800/1900IF, RTX 2080 Super, RM850x, H115i Pro
x570 Master, 3900X, F4-3600C16D-32GTZN @3800/1900IF, SabrentRocket 4.0, 860Evo, RX5700 XT, HX1000i, H150, Obsidian 500D
x570 Unify, 3800X, F4-3600C16D-16GTZKW(4x8) @3800/1900IF, SabrentRocket 4.0, 860Evo, GTX1080ti, SSR-850PD, Celsius S36, Define R6 usb-c
Crosshair VII (WiFi), 2700X, F4-3200C14D-32GTZSW @3200, 960Pro, 860Evo, GTX1080ti, HX850, Celsius S36, Define R6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 214 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 03:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
any luck on bios reset bug?
post #213 of 214 (permalink) Old 02-06-2020, 12:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Delta9k View Post
Sure, just remember that there is no guarantee what works for one set of components will work for another - even if all things are identical. AKA the silicon lottery.
The ram kit I am using is the Bdie variant of the NEO 3600 CL 16, not the Hynix CJR. So that's something to check. The 3900X I'm using seems to handle the 1900 IF OK. (Tested with 4 different kits of Ram and on two different motherboards.) It's not guaranteed the Infinity Fabric can be clocked to 1900 - That's another possibility for not being able to achieve the same settings.

This is working for my system (Image attached was saved when I setup my system.):

I am using the values from the recommended column where ever there is an option to choose. With a couple exceptions - my DRAM Voltage is 1.4 not 1.42, and tRRDS is 4 not 3. And, one more thing on cLDO VDDG - I used that same value for both cLDO VDDG IOD and cLDO VDDG CCD.

Inside the Master UEFI - be sure to be careful when entering these values in - the ordering of the settings is not the same (you can't just take the settings from the calculator and start entering them into the bios/UEFI going straight down the list one for one). Also, where ever there is a setting in the UEFI that the DRAM calculator did not cover I left it at Auto.

Disclaimer:
I don't recommend just blanket using my timings - I suggest you calculate a custom set based off your ram kit.
Get/install Thaiphoon burner - read your dimms, click report scroll to bottom and click Show settings in nanoseconds. Now export that report as complete HTML - save it somewhere.

Get/Install Ryzen DRAM calculator (latest version is 1.7.0 as I post) set it up for your memory and ranks CPU/Chipset etc. Then click import XMP point it to the HTML report of your ram you created with Thaiphoon burner. now click Calculate Fast or SAFE - Try the settings out.
i go step by step, Thaiphoon burner export inport than Calculate SAFE and without success, old bios like 7 i just xpm and rise to 3733 and work now no go, even if I raise voltage to 1,39V,... I'll try again, when I find the time, thank you for an extensive answer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 214 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 07:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Hello everyone,

Saigon2STL
Main PC
(12 items)
CPU
AMD 3950X
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Master X570
GPU
Radeon Pro WX7100
RAM
G.Skill Triden Z Neo F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC
Hard Drive
WD Black SN750
Power Supply
Corsair AX1200i
Cooling
NZXT Kranken X62
Case
Lancool II
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
2 x NEC PA271W
Keyboard
Logitech MX
Mouse
Logitech MX3
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by ngocrebel; 02-10-2020 at 09:28 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in