(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master Overclocking Thread) - Page 26 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master Overclocking Thread)

post #251 of 268 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 06:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by PopReference View Post
You shouldn't rely on XMP profiles for MEMOC and those are very high speeds for 3X00 ryzen. I recommend getting the Dram calculator and aiming for 3600 up to 3800 speeds with B-die of that quality: https://www.overclock.net/forum/13-a...ram-bench.html

not sure about fan speeds though
so f12f seems to have solved all the weird error codes i was getting, but still will not boot with Dram calc oc settings. tries to boot around 5 times then just ditches all the changes made in the bios and puts the memory at the default 2400mhz

these were the settings used: https://i.gyazo.com/5adc1b30cb42231d...e6838419c8.png (safe preset)

any ideas..?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 268 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 07:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by Xyloid View Post
so f12f seems to have solved all the weird error codes i was getting, but still will not boot with Dram calc oc settings. tries to boot around 5 times then just ditches all the changes made in the bios and puts the memory at the default 2400mhz

these were the settings used: https://i.gyazo.com/5adc1b30cb42231d...e6838419c8.png (safe preset)

any ideas..?
Well you can try pushing the DRAM voltage to 1.4/1.45 or higher, if the chips are low quality voltage it can over come some issues.

If you have the time you can follow the guide from https://www.techpowerup.com/review/a...g-guide/5.html
post #253 of 268 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 10:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 20)
Link is truncated (3 dots) and does not resolve. Would be good if you posted your Thaiphoon Burner screenshot: http://www.softnology.biz/files.html
EDIT: Ok i see you posted in Aorus owners thread. Link works in there: https://www.newegg.com/team-16gb-288...82E16820331244

Quote: Originally Posted by HyperC View Post
Can you send me the bios i am using F11 which is 5 months old and can not find anything newer. when i use PBO even maxed limits cpu does not pull more then 80 amps i tried many settings 44x manual i pull 108 amps
https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyt...beta-bios.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #254 of 268 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 11:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)

any ideas..?
Be sure to notice that the order in DRAM Calc isn't exactly the same from Gigabyte boards (TCRDWR/TRCDRD are in a different order). As long as you are in A2/B2 slots, and it is not posting at all, try changing termination? Lower ProcODT 34.3 maybe.

post #255 of 268 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 04:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
thanks for the link

CPU-Z

post #256 of 268 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 07:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by ryouiki View Post
Be sure to notice that the order in DRAM Calc isn't exactly the same from Gigabyte boards (TCRDWR/TRCDRD are in a different order). As long as you are in A2/B2 slots, and it is not posting at all, try changing termination? Lower ProcODT 34.3 maybe.
i did notice those are in a different order but im sure i put the correct values in each every time. i did try lowering the resistance on ProcODT, didnt seem tם help. termination was manually set to half the dram voltage in most cases, other times i tried leaving it on auto. did not help

Last edited by Xyloid; 05-20-2020 at 08:15 AM.
post #257 of 268 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 03:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Are you guys using any type of LLC when using pbo

CPU-Z

post #258 of 268 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 07:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Are you guys using any type of LLC when using pbo
Standard seems to work best with PBO.
post #259 of 268 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 10:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by RaXelliX View Post
So, did they remove speed spectrum from bios or I am blind just got the board Saturday after finding out the tomahawk wasn't getting shipped out until june 13th...Also I can't get pbo to do again but lose performance tried the EDC thread and about 5 hours of other settings maybe its just my 3600x? I am also very confused because from my take PBO just allows for lower idle voltages but on load the vcore still hits around the same as manual OC minus the difference of setting more wattage, maybe the 3600x just needs magical settings?
I am using F12a and Spread Spectrum is still there (right at the top of the Tweaker page). Not sure about the latest beta: F12f

When it comes to PBO i use these settings with my 3800X. These were tested and suggested by overclocker Buildzoid on Youtube:

PPT: 300
TDC: 230
EDC: 230. Atleast on the Master with F12a i found the 0 EDC sets it to around 140 or so based on HWInfo readings. With my 3800X i've been able to hit 50% of the 230 limit accoding to HWInfo. Tho i did notice that with the value at 0 it did boost slightly better in single core maximums.
Scalar: 4X
Greetings,

I just made a build with this board and a 3700X. I have a 360 rad just for the cpu (just to let you guys know that I have good cooling) and I have tried those settings as I also saw that Buildzoid suggested them. I have Encounter that if I use them my cpu will never reach the 4.4GHz on single threaded applications. However if I use an EDC value of 10 my clocks will go up to 4.42GHz on at least 2 or 3 cores while using single threaded applications which with the value at 230 my cores were just boosting to 4.35GHz max. I also have +200MHz auto OC turned ON. Is this a glitch or why is it working like that? My temps never go above 70 while doing multi threaded applications like CB20 and others and my voltage will be at around 1.34 while doing them. When doing single threaded benchmarks I can see that voltage goes from 1.44 to 1.46. When tests are done voltages go back to 0.989 and clocks go back to 3.6GHz as I am using the ryzen balanced power plan in windows.

I know it's a lot of info but just want to make sure my values are safe since I'm new to both this cpu and this board. Thanks in advanced to whoever replies.
post #260 of 268 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 01:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 32 (Unique: 22)
Quote: Originally Posted by edu616 View Post
Greetings,

I just made a build with this board and a 3700X. I have a 360 rad just for the cpu (just to let you guys know that I have good cooling) and I have tried those settings as I also saw that Buildzoid suggested them. I have Encounter that if I use them my cpu will never reach the 4.4GHz on single threaded applications. However if I use an EDC value of 10 my clocks will go up to 4.42GHz on at least 2 or 3 cores while using single threaded applications which with the value at 230 my cores were just boosting to 4.35GHz max. I also have +200MHz auto OC turned ON. Is this a glitch or why is it working like that? My temps never go above 70 while doing multi threaded applications like CB20 and others and my voltage will be at around 1.34 while doing them. When doing single threaded benchmarks I can see that voltage goes from 1.44 to 1.46. When tests are done voltages go back to 0.989 and clocks go back to 3.6GHz as I am using the ryzen balanced power plan in windows.

I know it's a lot of info but just want to make sure my values are safe since I'm new to both this cpu and this board. Thanks in advanced to whoever replies.
For gigabyte x570, just stick with pbo + undervolt, as our findings here https://www.overclock.net/forum/10-a...0-part-ii.html

Buildzoid is specified for his motherboard.
Seems ryzen 3000 and its bios have not been consistently applied across all x570. But for gigabtye's, it seem the values work as they should.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in