(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master Overclocking Thread) - Page 29 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master Overclocking Thread)

post #281 of 330 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 12:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by zacreth View Post
So i found out if i take out the cpu overclocking
Yes, the CPU OC plays a role - and you mitght need to increase SoC Volages.

And don't Forget the LLCs - mid range for CPU and high for RAM.

Quote:
I can put the default settings manually of 16-19-19-19-39 and the system boots fine and sees the correct speed. If I put in what DRAM calculator suggests which is 14-17-19-19-38 it barely boots. So I up the DRAM voltage to 1.4 and I get into windows.
Did you export all RAM Settings with Thaipoon Burner and Import it do DRAM Calc?

Try safe settings first - and may be even higher Voltage 1,4 for 3600 is on the lower side…

Quote:
The only problem is that is only seems 1066Mhz again. It seems that the board or memory is not cut out to be trimmed at all.
Which would be 2133Mhz = fallback to JEDEC Specs...

Quote:
So for the time being I'll go completely stock until I can figure out what settings I should try since it seems that DRAM calculator is off....
See above...try a bit more Voltage - DRAM Calc some times suggest to low voltages - i.e. DRAM Cakc tells me 1,40 max. with my 3600 OC but I need at least 1,46 to get everthing stable...

Best regards,
Medizinmann

Last edited by Medizinmann; 06-05-2020 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Typo...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 330 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 08:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I didn't do all the LLC like the PLL voltage so I'll go and try that today. But the complete report was exported from Thaiphoon and imported in the newest calculator.

What's a limit for voltage for RAM? I know the design was for 1.35V so I don't want to kill it due to voltage. I thought 1.4-1.42 is pushing the ram.

I'll recheck Dram Calc and get all the voltage settings and try that and put in the suggested numbers for the first 6 first and see if it will boot. 16-19-19-19-39 into 14-17-x-x-x suggested and see if it boots.

Thanks!
post #283 of 330 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 11:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
I didn't do all the LLC like the PLL voltage so I'll go and try that today. But the complete report was exported from Thaiphoon and imported in the newest calculator.

What's a limit for voltage for RAM? I know the design was for 1.35V so I don't want to kill it due to voltage. I thought 1.4-1.42 is pushing the ram.

I'll recheck Dram Calc and get all the voltage settings and try that and put in the suggested numbers for the first 6 first and see if it will boot. 16-19-19-19-39 into 14-17-x-x-x suggested and see if it boots.

Thanks!
Hi, the following image is my 3900X, Aorus Master and 2x8Gb Gskill Hynix CJR kit. You have 2x16Gb kit so may be it's not possible to get 3800 memory and 1900 IF, but you can try these numbers on your 3600 Mhz profile. To get that, I had to play mainly with vSOC, VDDG, VDDP and SoC LLC.

I suggest to leave the CPU @ stock and tune the RAM first. Also, you can try to relaxing primaries to see if the system boots, and start playing with voltages from there to tighten further. If no boot, try Geardown enabled, the same with Powerdown, or even Geardown enabled @ 2T

I found CJR in 2x8 is not so difficult to overclock (again, I didn't try a 32Gb kit so take this with a bunch of salt) but you have to try to find a good and stable starting point first, even if you have to relax the primaries.

As others said, trfc is critical to stabilize this memory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RM.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	351316  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #284 of 330 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 12:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hi! I'm sending my GSkill Neo kit to RMA 'cause a DIMM died. While I'm waiting for RMA, I bought a single stick of 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM for U$S30, used. It's an HP branded kit, and it happened to be Samsung B-die based (it's unbuffered ECC, and ECC works on Aorus Pro in case anyone is wondering).

Even thou is branded as 2133Mhz, it booted right up in 3600Mhz no issues, but with AUTO timmings is kinda crap. I launched DRAM Calculator and started playing...

I'm using the "bad bin" setup, 'cause it's an unbined OEM part. Right now it's working at 3200Mhz 16-16-16-16-32 with the SAFE preset. It wasn't even posting with that preset until I changed the VDDG and VDDP voltages accordingly.

The "issue" is that I can't get anything else from it, not other preset works, and not other frequency range neither. I'm not sure where to start playing, if it's VDDP and VDDG, and what voltages should I set.

Compared to my GSkill CJR kit, the latency went from 3733Mhz 67ns to 3200Mhz 73.5ns, which is pretty cool all things considered. But I thought maybe I could get more performance out of a B-die based memory.

Any suggestions?
post #285 of 330 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 03:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

hey nagu I'll try that and see.

Right now I have a few questions since I've been playing around with the settings for a few hours this morning... okay all morning really.

First I got all the settings except 2 to work from what Dram Calc shown me for the Calculate Safe. I couldn't get tCL and tCWL. I can't set tCL to 14 it will boot cycle but if I set it for 15 it boots but the MEMtest in Dram Calc shows up as 16 and not the 15 that's set in the BIOs. If I touch tCWL it won't boot at all and resets all the settings when it finally gets back up. What does tCWL do?

Second question, with all the settings I would assume to have a tighter control and better stats but from what AIDA64 shows, I only have a latency better of 3ns... down to 69.9 which isn't that great. Shouldn't if all the settings from Dram Calc usually get people to low 60's in latency?

Lastly, there's settings in BIOs when I change things manually. Is a lower number better than a higher number? The suggested tRFC in the BIO is 312 but I'm manually setting it to be 471....? There's a lot of settings where I'm setting a higher number and there's only like 4 settings that I'm setting that is lower...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AIDA64 current.png
Views:	5
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	351360  

Name:	Current.png
Views:	30
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	351362  

post #286 of 330 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 04:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

So I can't raise the VDRAM anymore than 1.375 or it won't boot. I changed some settings but pretty much stuck with what i have above which is minimal to say. I tried to change the FCLK and MCLK to 1867 and 1833MHz and both booted but when running memtest too many errors so I had to back it down to 1800Mhz.

In my opinion, if there's nothing else I can do I pretty much have the worst RAM it seems...lol
post #287 of 330 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 06:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hey zacreth, I have the same kit but with worse latencies, the 18-22-22-22 version. But my kit actually did 16-19-16-19 at 3733Mhz 12hs stable. I just applied the Fast preset with 3600Mhz settings from DRAM calculator at it worked. Then started to raise the frequency until 3800Mhz witch wasn't stable so I dial down to 3733mhz.

It was 2 memtest86 passes stable. It worked for 6 months... but a DIMM died
All voltages were stock, with F12a BIOS.

Latency in AIDA64 was 67ns.
post #288 of 330 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 11:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 22)
I can't set tCL to 14 it will boot cycle
14 is too extreme for Hynix RAM. Not even sure why the calculator is suggesting it. 14 is so extreme in fact that it likely won't do that at 3200Mhz. Let alone at something higher.
but if I set it for 15 it boots but the MEMtest in Dram Calc shows up as 16 and not the 15 that's set in the BIOs.
That's GDM at work. GDM sets primaries to even numbers. 15 becomes 16 and so on. But GDM does add a lot of stability so unless you really want to run uneven timings better to leave it on. GDM = Gear Down Mode.
I only have a latency better of 3ns... down to 69.9 which isn't that great.
That is an improvement. Ideal would be around 67.
Shouldn't if all the settings from Dram Calc usually get people to low 60's in latency?
Only Samsung B-Die kits can do around 65. Perhaps 64 but not much lower.
Lastly, there's settings in BIOs when I change things manually. Is a lower number better than a higher number?
Generally yes when it comes to timings lower=better.
Some guides:
https://github.com/integralfx/MemTes...0OC%20Guide.md
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/a...locking-guide/
The suggested tRFC in the BIO is 312 but I'm manually setting it to be 471....?
I believe the BIOS misreads this value. Like i said eralier i can't even boot under 525. So it must be incorrect. Only Samsung B-Die kits can do such a low tRFC.
There's a lot of settings where I'm setting a higher number and there's only like 4 settings that I'm setting that is lower...
Those higher values maybe more for stability and not speed.
post #289 of 330 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 01:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
I didn't do all the LLC like the PLL voltage so I'll go and try that today.
Yeah you should do it. And it's is very intresting how LLC curve adds to stability!

Quote:
But the complete report was exported from Thaiphoon and imported in the newest calculator.

Quote:

Thanks!
The official limit for XMP is AFAIK up to 1,5V - and that is what's considered save for long term use...but there are sticks out there with a profile up to 1,65V - at Voltages 1,4+ you should add extra cooling though...

Youtuber der8auer made a Video about RAM OC with XMP on Ryzen 3000 and also talked about Voltage(Starts 3:16)…

Best regards,
Medizinmann
post #290 of 330 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 07:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 348 (Unique: 275)
wondering about using ryzen master. During non-gaming, single cores boost over 4500, but during gaming I get single cores only up 4400. havent tried an all core overclock but im not really interested in doing that bc of the massive volts needed just to get all cores to 4400 which isnt worth it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in