Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite x Asus x570-p - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite x Asus x570-p

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite x Asus x570-p

Hi,

Please, I'd like advices to choose a motherboard.

I'm looking for a budged x570 mobo (kinda "future proof") to use with a 3700x CPU and 2x8GB 3600Mhz RAM (Corsair LPX from AliExpress).

I'd say it's been hard to choose... after reading a lot, I tought the Gigabyte Aorus Elite would be the best choice, but reading more I became afraid because a lot of reports on Internet about problems: BIOS reset after power off, XMP profiles don't work, and even sudden mobo not booting anymore (very scary)... so is the Aorus BIOS that bad?
Searching on Internet I haven't found same problems with Asus x570 and it seemed to me Asus BIOS is better, then I tought to get the x570-p instead.

Could you help me please? Which one should I pick: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite or Asus x570-p?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by jamestowers; 08-18-2019 at 06:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 07:30 PM
⤷ αC

Rep: 904 (Unique: 590)
X570 Elite is a more well featured board and has fan stop for the chipset fan. The BIOS resetting after power off indicates that the RAM settings weren't fully stable.

If you intend to upgrade your CPU in the future it also has a stronger power delivery since it's using 12 SiC634 powerstages instead of 8 of them on the X570-P for CPU VCORE. The analogous board in the ASUS lineup is the TUF PLUS. (So if you don't want to buy the Aorus Elite, I would go with TUF Plus and not the X570-P)

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaC View Post
X570 Elite is a more well featured board and has fan stop for the chipset fan. The BIOS resetting after power off indicates that the RAM settings weren't fully stable.

If you intend to upgrade your CPU in the future it also has a stronger power delivery since it's using 12 SiC634 powerstages instead of 8 of them on the X570-P for CPU VCORE. The analogous board in the ASUS lineup is the TUF PLUS. (So if you don't want to buy the Aorus Elite, I would go with TUF Plus and not the X570-P)
Thanks for reply... I haven't found the Asus TUF x570 in my country but I'll stay tuned...

And about BIOS problems, should I avoid Gigabyte and pick Asus?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 08:42 PM
⤷ αC

Rep: 904 (Unique: 590)
I haven't seen those complaints of the motherboard suddenly not booting... if it were something that severe then the user would have to return it or RMA it. The board has BIOS flashback.

XMP profiles is probably because the person didn't check memory and SOC voltage.

If ASUS TUF isn't available (since you seem so anxious about the Aorus board) if I were in your situation I wouldn't even bother waiting for it and just get the Aorus Elite.

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 09:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
You can always go with B450, it's cheaper but some models look like they been having some issues.
But for the same price you are looking you have a Asrock X570 Steel Legend, pretty solid motherboard, got it for my brothers rig and it actually look pretty cool, they did a good job with the RGB.
RGB aside I was surprised about the quality and features for that price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in