Broken X570 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Broken X570

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Broken X570

I keep trying to get assistance and no one is helping. Brand new 3900x, Gigabyte x570 Extreme, 32gb 3200 g.skill ddr4, 1250w psu.

Computer keeps locking up, microstuttering, BSOD, and random resets. Everything worked fine first week and a game crashed black screen freeze on me and was forced to shut down. Since then windows files are constantly showing as corrupted, repeated sfc/scannow's DISM/restorehealths to "fix" the corrupted files. Have re-installed windows 3 times all 3 in different ways (reset pc, recycle pc, Windows media driver install) Files still corrupting. Done all chipset updates possible directly from AMD.

Motherboard shows an orange LED next to the cpu/heatsink and have not found in manual any indication of what this is. I don't believe this orange LED was here before these issues arose.

During games GPU usage drops unnecessarily also validate these issues in multiple games and in simple stress test benchmarks like heaven/valley

these issues are followed by numerous WHEA 17 errors and 10016 errors in event viewer. Even critical errors 6008 being "kernel" errors. the below error is most common. I've swapped to 2 different GPU that I know work fine in my other system. I believe I have a bad motherboard can someone please help me attempt to fix this before going through an RMA???

WHEA 17 A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Endpoint
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Primary Busevice:Function: 0x1:0x0:0x0
Secondary Busevice:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Primary Device NameCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A808&SUBSYS_A801144D&REV_00
Secondary Device Name:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Really? can someone here help.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 09:24 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 305 (Unique: 244)
reseat nvme?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 09:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 250 (Unique: 200)
That error is relating to the NVMe drive, but may be a symptom of something else so should not be taken alone as the actual problem.

Can you be more specific about where the orange LED is (perhaps photograph)?

While I can't guarantee that this will be of any help, I can suggest a few things to try:

- a different PSU, perhaps something like a Seasonic PRIME (I recently suffered major issues with a system at work which in the end turned out to be a dodgy PSU; on paper it should have coped with the system load, but it was doing crazy stuff much like you describe, even when idle)
- pull the NVMe, go to a single stick of RAM, single GPU, install Windows to a SATA device, test, add other RAM, test more
- what kind of temperatures are you getting when the problems occur?

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 09:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Maybe it's the WiFi/Bluetooth driver?

Looking at this other website, maybe it's an error with the driver for the WiFi and Bluetooth module?

https://www.dell.com/community/Lapto...7/td-p/5043494
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Had no idea it could be an NVME!! I've been using hwinfo64 and temps while gaming/benching on my Rx580 are about 60-64c. 3900x on the other hand is staying around 57c sometimes low 60's.

here is a photo of the LED & my GPU usage in a short amount of gameplay
https://imgur.com/a/n8rNzzY

The GPU usage is similar when doing bench tests and other games as well. I will try pulling the NVME and loading windows onto my sata as well as the other following steps.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
That error is relating to the NVMe drive, but may be a symptom of something else so should not be taken alone as the actual problem.

Can you be more specific about where the orange LED is (perhaps photograph)?

While I can't guarantee that this will be of any help, I can suggest a few things to try:

- a different PSU, perhaps something like a Seasonic PRIME (I recently suffered major issues with a system at work which in the end turned out to be a dodgy PSU; on paper it should have coped with the system load, but it was doing crazy stuff much like you describe, even when idle)
- pull the NVMe, go to a single stick of RAM, single GPU, install Windows to a SATA device, test, add other RAM, test more
- what kind of temperatures are you getting when the problems occur?
forgot to quote for reply above message^
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by AdeptSoul View Post
Looking at this other website, maybe it's an error with the driver for the WiFi and Bluetooth module?

https://www.dell.com/community/Lapto...7/td-p/5043494
For some reason taking that link just brings me to dells buy a laptop section xD

I have been experiencing wifi issues initially but was getting netw8xx codes when I was using wifi. I have since been connected to ethernet and the issues continue with the large GPU usage drops and stuttering. I am also getting windows files corruptions a lot and nearly every time I sfc/scannow it says a file had been corrupted. Also when I go to pull up internet explorer sometimes it will close right away and have to try re-opening again.

heres what GPU usage looks like and the LED I was talking about seems to be a main bios LED? I didn't notice it lit up before though maybe something I'm just now noticing not sure. But I have re-flashed bios since these issues have began to occur

https://imgur.com/a/n8rNzzY
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 10:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 41 (Unique: 34)
If that 32GB of memory is 4 dimms take 2 out 1st & 3rd First being the slot closest to the cpu. Go into the bios and see what gen your PCI bus is running at if it is set to GEN 4 set it to GEN 3 or vise versa.If either one of those Ideas do not work try to lower your BLCK to 99mhz 100 is default but some boards seem to go over 100.

3700x & H80iv2
Gigabyte x570 Gaming X F3 Bios
4x8 Team Dark 3200 14-14-14-31
Gigabyte 2070 OC
860 Evo 500 SSD m.2
Evga G3 850
Matrixx 70
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
reseat nvme?
Just re-sat the nvme, did memory checks with 1 stick each. memory seems fine as well as used memory from other system to double check. Still getting the WHEA 17 errors and 10016 DCOM errors.

Looks like I'm going to need to perform another clean windows install on a different SSD and try again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in