AGESA FW stack patched bioses for 3rd gen - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

AGESA FW stack patched bioses for 3rd gen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 458 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 05:40 AM
Stuck in the past
 
mtrai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,120
Rep: 35 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by The Stilt View Post
Just wow man...by the way I am now only using yours to unhide all those hidden options. I just release 2 yesterday for the C7H boards. I think I need to coming up with a better naming system. If it is not too much trouble could you also post dates when you upload a new modded bios. By the way everyone likes our combined bios with all the fan options and of course other things.

post-flame-small.gif5 GHz Overclock Club post-flame-small.gif


Sabertooth 990 FX R 2.0 FX 8120 BL ED. B2 Rev Can over clocked to 5.0( Normally run at 4.4 Ghz )
2 x 8 Gb Corsair Vengence 1600 Ram EVGA Supernova 1050 GS Gold PSU Logitech G502 Proteus Gaming Mouse
Powercolor PCS+ R9 290X x2 CM Storm Trooper Case
SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard SteelSeries Stealth Merc Keyboard (1 broke key)
Several Sata HDs CM Seidron 120 AIO Closed Liquid Cooler
Disabled so not a ton of money.
mtrai is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 458 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 05:47 AM
Stock is too casual~
 
Veii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Austria / Bulgaria
Posts: 246
Rep: 11 (Unique: 9)
Could you maybe take a look over on this X370 Taichi Bios & the official X470 Taichi one ?
Injecting SMU 46.34 was easy, on 46.49 i always end mid-sector (1usmus 46.49 code upload)
PMU seems like didn't change away from 0.0.7.2 as i can tell
Where do you update the rest ? (PSP, decryption keys) , by bootloader you mean ?

Idk where i mess up always, if new SMU has to end mid-code, old is too big ?
Feels like the shared code is too small ?
If you could share some insight where you patch it, it would be easier to complete the list of boards

I would like to patch over the whole GALAX x ASRock event bios Steel Legend lineup
(B450(M),X470,X570)
Because those special edition bioses started to disappear, but the community could be happy having them~
just i really lack of information ^^#

Mojave#1 Ryzen Threadripper 1950x [email protected] ([email protected] with 105BLCK) + Liqtech 360 | ASRock X399 Taichi (3.23Beta) | G.Skill [email protected]3800CL14 | RX 580 Red Devil [email protected]/2200(micron) | Seasonic Focus Platinum | Samsung 960 EVO x2 & 860 Evo
Win#2 Ryzen 1700x @3.8 + Dark Rock 3 | X370 Taichi 1.0.0.3 ABBA by The Stilt (converted to X470) | Patriot Viper Steel (PVS416G400C9K)@3466C14 (64.2ns) | Hynix-MFR 3333CL14(72.5ns) / OLD | Gigabyte 970 G1 1595/1900(Hynix) | Samsung 850 Evo

Last edited by Veii; 09-16-2019 at 06:00 AM.
Veii is offline  
post #13 of 458 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
The Stilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,529
Rep: 853 (Unique: 325)
Quote: Originally Posted by Veii View Post
Could you maybe take a look over on this X370 Taichi Bios & the official X470 Taichi one ?
Injecting SMU 46.34 was easy, on 46.49 i always end mid-sector (1usmus 46.49 code upload)
PMU seems like didn't change away from 0.0.7.2 as i can tell
Where do you update the rest ? (PSP, decryption keys) , by bootloader you mean ?

Idk where i mess up always, if new SMU has to end mid-code, old is too big ?
Feels like the shared code is too small ?
If you could share some insight where you patch it, it would be easier to complete the list of boards

I would like to patch over the whole GALAX x ASRock event bios Steel Legend lineup
(B450(M),X470,X570)
Because those special edition bioses started to disappear, but the community could be happy having them~
Its about rebuilding the code directories.
It can be done by hand with the proper knowledge, but no sane person would do that.

I use a proprietary tool for the purpose.

Only the new modules need to be inserted, the rest are replaced in place.
For example with the new PMU, you need to insert its decryption keys for the PSP to use (and point the location), since the new FW is encrypted.
Without the correct keys in place, the system will hang to PMU init. The same goes for the new PSP bootloader.

The PMU was changed after the original 1.0.0.3 release, not sure which revision exactly.

I can do the ASRock bioses if you give me the links.
The Stilt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 458 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 06:15 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Hardstyler3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 3
Rep: 0
could you update the bios for this mainboard

https://www.asus.com/de/Motherboards...HelpDesk_BIOS/
Hardstyler3 is offline  
post #15 of 458 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
The Stilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,529
Rep: 853 (Unique: 325)
Quote: Originally Posted by Hardstyler3 View Post
could you update the bios for this mainboard

https://www.asus.com/de/Motherboards...HelpDesk_BIOS/
In OP.

This is a 256Mb file, so you need to use Flashrom.
Use the instructions in OP and test first if the flash part is properly detected (using "flashrom -p internal") command.
If the part is detected (make and model is show) and you decide to update (using "flashrom -p internal -w 5216MFI.ROM") command, the application will most likely issue
couple warnings (about master not supporting 4BA accesses). These can be ignored, since all AM4 256Mb boards already are running in 32-bit mode.

The flashing of these 256Mb parts can take up to 15 minutes, so be patient.
The Stilt is offline  
post #16 of 458 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 06:34 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
mongoled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Posts: 477
Rep: 17 (Unique: 13)
Hi!

If someone has the time can they cook up a bios for

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/supp...AMING-TITANIUM

The answers ive been getting back from MSI 'support' makes me believe that they are not going to bother updating these motherboards.



Although this may come across as a 'whinny git'

We have had no BIOS updates for X370 since July 1st .........

SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W
MSI X370 XPOWER Gaming Titanium | Ryzen 5 3600X 1924SUT
GSkill TridentZ F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @ 3800/1900 mhz | 1.44v | 15-17-10-15-42-28-266-16-1T
Asus GTX 780 DCII OC @ 1332/3522 mhz | 1.3v | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
EK-FB MSI X370 XPower RGB Monoblock 1/2" ID | Swiftech D5 MCP655 | EK-XRES 100
Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 280 | 4 x Scythe GT AP-15 @ 5v
Thermochill PA120.3 | 1 x SST-FN123 | 2 x Scythe GT AP-15 | @ 5v

Last edited by mongoled; 09-16-2019 at 06:43 AM.
mongoled is offline  
post #17 of 458 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 06:42 AM
Stock is too casual~
 
Veii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Austria / Bulgaria
Posts: 246
Rep: 11 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by The Stilt View Post
Its about rebuilding the code directories.
It can be done by hand with the proper knowledge, but no sane person would do that.

I use a proprietary tool for the purpose.
Haha i see
I always patched by hand ^^#
still need to learn to play with AMIBCP

Quote:
For example with the new PMU, you need to insert its decryption keys for the PSP to use (and point the location), since the new FW is encrypted.
Quote:
The PMU was changed after the original 1.0.0.3 release, not sure which revision exactly.
Hmm i see, maybe ABBA and up exclusiv
Inserting the old 46.34 on an ABB bios did unlock AMD Overclocking on a B450 Toma, but idk if what we got is SMU + Encryption Hex or just SMU
Quote:
Without the correct keys in place, the system will hang to PMU init. The same goes for the new PSP bootloader.
Then i guess we have to fully count on you
Quote:
I can do the ASRock bioses if you give me the links.
Most important ones are the two linked above in my begging post
for X370 and X470 (x370 has some patches by 1usmus + 46.34 SMU, X470 was raw)

Here is the package of the event exclusive ones
Sorry for all the work
I would love to take over a bit of work - but need some pointing in the right direction ^^#
TGS2019 JP Exclusive ASRock BIOSes

Mojave#1 Ryzen Threadripper 1950x [email protected] ([email protected] with 105BLCK) + Liqtech 360 | ASRock X399 Taichi (3.23Beta) | G.Skill [email protected]3800CL14 | RX 580 Red Devil [email protected]/2200(micron) | Seasonic Focus Platinum | Samsung 960 EVO x2 & 860 Evo
Win#2 Ryzen 1700x @3.8 + Dark Rock 3 | X370 Taichi 1.0.0.3 ABBA by The Stilt (converted to X470) | Patriot Viper Steel (PVS416G400C9K)@3466C14 (64.2ns) | Hynix-MFR 3333CL14(72.5ns) / OLD | Gigabyte 970 G1 1595/1900(Hynix) | Samsung 850 Evo
Veii is offline  
post #18 of 458 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
The Stilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,529
Rep: 853 (Unique: 325)
Quote: Originally Posted by mongoled View Post
Hi!

If someone has the time can they cook up a bios for

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/supp...AMING-TITANIUM

The answers ive been getting back from MSI 'support' makes me believe that they are not going to bother updating these motherboards.



Although this may come across as a 'whinny git'

We have had no BIOS updates for X370 since July 1st .........
In OP.

Yeah, this seems to be the case with MSI when talking about B350/X370/B450 boards with 128Mb bioses.
I have a B350I PRO AC, which from the hardware side is one of the best AM4 boards in my opinion. Unfortunately the bios from the beginning of July was so bad
that the board was basically unusable with 3000-series CPUs. It was so bad that it actually failed to start around 4/5 times and also hanged in bios when FCLK and MEMCLK drop-downs were scrolled down to a certain point.
Making the same update for it, as I've done to the other boards improved things significantly. More than I ever thought, since even the issues which I thought were related to MSI's own code were fixed.
The Stilt is offline  
post #19 of 458 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
The Stilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,529
Rep: 853 (Unique: 325)
Quote: Originally Posted by Veii View Post
Haha i see
I always patched by hand ^^#
still need to learn to play with AMIBCP

Hmm i see, maybe ABBA and up exclusiv
Inserting the old 46.34 on an ABB bios did unlock AMD Overclocking on a B450 Toma, but idk if what we got is SMU + Encryption Hex or just SMU
Then i guess we have to fully count on you
Most important ones are the two linked above in my begging post
for X370 and X470 (x370 has some patches by 1usmus + 46.34 SMU, X470 was raw)

Here is the package of the event exclusive ones
Sorry for all the work
I would love to take over a bit of work - but need some pointing in the right direction ^^#
TGS2019 JP Exclusive ASRock BIOSes
All of those file.io links give 404
The Stilt is offline  
post #20 of 458 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 07:02 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2
Rep: 0
Hi, could you please update the bios for this motherboard? Thanks

https://www.msi.com/images/support/i...n-download.png

I would also liike to know the procedure for doing the mod iif possible.
tumoch is offline  
Reply

Tags
am4 , bios flash , ryzen

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (1 members and 3 guests)
xstorm
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off