Crosshair V Formula MOBO no longer reaching post - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Crosshair V Formula MOBO no longer reaching post

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Crosshair V Formula MOBO no longer reaching post

Hi all,
So a couple weeks ago the wife turned on her computer (my old one) and it just sat there, no post, no beeps, nothing. So i started to tinker with in an attempt to troubleshoot it. I have got no where in this endevour but im limited in swap-out items to try and test. \

The system is:
Crosshair V Formula
FX-8350
16Gb (4x4Gb) G.Skill Ripjaw Z DDR3-2133Mhz
Asus ROG R9-290X Platinum Matrix
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 (1300W) PSU
... and various hard drives and such

When i power it on, all fans kick on (AIO, Case, GPU) but the computer does not reach post. The CPU_LED light stays solid lit (assuming its not reaching the initialization point of the CPU) but if i then hit the GO Button, the DRAM_LED will start to blink while the CPU_LED stays solid.

Things i have tried already:
Reset BIOS via Clear_CMOS switch on back
Cleared CMOS via disconnecting power, lifting battery for ~1 min
Checked all power connections
Pulled all 4 sticks of RAM and just placed 1
Moved that 1 stick to different slots
Switched the RAM stick and repeated
Checked for a short to ground from the CPU, CPU_PPL, DRAM, NB, HT, SB, VDDNB from the probelt test points at the top of the board
Removed the board entirely from the case
Tried a different CPU cooler
Re-seated the CPU while checking for any visible issue
Checked all connection on my PSU with a PSU Tester
Inspected board for any issues

Unfortunately i do not have a spare CPU to test if it is a dead CPU but it has been strong for a long time. I also do not have a very accessible replacement PSU as i would have to undue all of the wire management in my current rig to rip it out of the case.

Does anyone have a trick or idea on how this can be fixed? Its just so strange to me that one day it just decided to quit. I am basically giving up hope at the moment and assume its the mobo as according to other forums a dead cpu (after inital use) is very rare outside of nuking it in an extreme OC session.

Please let me know if you need any other information or want me to try something. I am ALL EARS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in