DDR2 frequency setting problem on MA790x-ud3p rev1 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

DDR2 frequency setting problem on MA790x-ud3p rev1

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
DDR2 frequency setting problem on MA790x-ud3p rev1

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit confused after installing 16GB (4x4GB Hynix pc6400 ddr2 800mhz) to my motherboard https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard...UD3P-rev-1x#ov

It wouldn't boot at first. It did after taking out 2 pieces of Ram, and then system started normally. (8GB)
Then, I installed all four pieces , but I lowered frequency to 667mhz. System booted normally but started to be unstable, rendering stopped and bluescreen appeared.
The last thing I did, I lowered freq to 533mhz (not changing anything else), and all went properly using all 16gigs.
All other settings are set to 'auto in bios.

Does it mean that this specific ram won't run using 800mhz on this motherboard ?
If it's possible to change it back to 800mhz, could someone guide me through the process how to make it work?

Thanks

Last edited by kielbasa; 10-09-2019 at 11:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
RAM exact symbol is - 4gb 2R x 4 PC2 -6400U-666-12 / HYMP125U64CP8-U6

And actually crucial question - am I loosing much while running it under 533mhz not 800mhz? I'm mainly interested in multithreading. (3ds max)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in