Of the AMD motherboard brands, which ones have the easiest RMA process? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Of the AMD motherboard brands, which ones have the easiest RMA process?

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Of the AMD motherboard brands, which ones have the easiest RMA process?

I've always used either Asus or Gigabyte for motherboards (on both AMD or Intel, I'm brand agnostic and just go for what's best when it's time to buy). Gigabyte has failed on me a couple times, Asus hasn't.

I know that both Asus and Gigabyte otherwise have a horrible RMA process when you have to claim warranty.

I've read that EVGA is easy, but they currently only make Intel boards and my next board will probably be AMD.

So of all the AMD motherboard manufacturers, which ones offer the most straightforward and hassle free RMA process?

In terms of overall reliability/quality I doubt there are major differences between brands these days, right?

i7-4790K @ 4.6GHz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Z97-Pro | G.Skill Ares 2x8GB DDR3-2400 | EVGA GS 1050W | EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ with Kraken G10 + Kraken X31 | 480GB SanDisk Extreme Pro | 2x 4TB HGST Deskstar NAS RAID 1 | Corsair 750D | Corsair K70 MX-Brown | Logitech G502 | Acer XB270HU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 10:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by sakete View Post
I've always used either Asus or Gigabyte for motherboards (on both AMD or Intel, I'm brand agnostic and just go for what's best when it's time to buy). Gigabyte has failed on me a couple times, Asus hasn't.

I know that both Asus and Gigabyte otherwise have a horrible RMA process when you have to claim warranty.

I've read that EVGA is easy, but they currently only make Intel boards and my next board will probably be AMD.

So of all the AMD motherboard manufacturers, which ones offer the most straightforward and hassle free RMA process?
Don't know about this.

Quote:
In terms of overall reliability/quality I doubt there are major differences between brands these days, right?
First Question is - what featureset do you Need.

How much do you want so spend?

If you looking something cheaper go for MSI Meg Unify x570 or Asus TUF Gaming x570...or even B450 like MSI Motar Max or something…

MSI is praised for there easy BIOS and easy Memory OC - Gigabyte has IMHO good build but many people dislike their BIOS and the cheaper boards like Aorus Elite seem to have some issues with Memory OC - the Master and Xtreme are great but a bit pricier.

If your are looking into a Workstation build - the Asus Pro WS x570-ACE is woth a look with ECC support, U.2-drive support and Thunderbold 3.

If money isn't an issue and you want max. performance look into the Asrock Aqua x570.

Options are plenty…here a good overview bei bullzoid/Game Nexus...

If RMA is your concern by it from Amazon - they are usually hassle free - at least in the EU - but you need to by it directly from Amazon and not from the market place...but might cost you a premium compared to other vendors...

Greetings,
Medizinmann

Last edited by Medizinmann; 01-15-2020 at 10:16 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Medizinmann View Post
Don't know about this.

First Question is - what featureset do you Need.

How much do you want so spend?

If you looking something cheaper go for MSI Meg Unify x570 or Asus TUF Gaming x570...or even B450 like MSI Motar Max or something…

MSI is praised for there easy BIOS and easy Memory OC - Gigabyte has IMHO good build but many people dislike their BIOS and the cheaper boards like Aorus Elite seem to have some issues with Memory OC - the Master and Xtreme are great but a bit pricier.

If your are looking into a Workstation build - the Asus Pro WS x570-ACE is woth a look with ECC support, U.2-drive support and Thunderbold 3.

If money isn't an issue and you want max. performance look into the Asrock Aqua x570.

Options are plenty…here a good overview bei bullzoid/Game Nexus...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGY2mqTn2rc

If RMA is your concern by it from Amazon - they are usually hassle free - at least in the EU - but you need to by it directly from Amazon and not from the market place...but might cost you a premium compared to other vendors...

Greetings,
Medizinmann
Well, you can only return to Amazon within the return window. If it breaks after those 30 days (at least here in the US), you have to deal with the manufacturer to claim warranty. And that's where I've only heard horror stories about Asus and Gigabyte, that it can take forever. But how about Asrock? Or MSI (my perception of MSI was that they always had low quality stuff, but that perception is probably outdated at this point).

As for budget, it used to be that $250 would get you a pretty high-end board 5 years ago, but I see that things have changed a lot Still don't really want to spend more than $250 or so, and I don't need all the H4CK3R 3L17E G4M3R features, such as RGB and all that nonsense I just want a good dependable board with lots of I/O (I have 5-6 SATA drives), that's stable and maybe offers some OC headroom (I don't usually do a ton of overclocking).

I did have my eye on that Asus TUF Gaming board. I don't need ECC support, though Thunderbolt 3 would be nice to have.

i7-4790K @ 4.6GHz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Z97-Pro | G.Skill Ares 2x8GB DDR3-2400 | EVGA GS 1050W | EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ with Kraken G10 + Kraken X31 | 480GB SanDisk Extreme Pro | 2x 4TB HGST Deskstar NAS RAID 1 | Corsair 750D | Corsair K70 MX-Brown | Logitech G502 | Acer XB270HU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 10:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Well, you can only return to Amazon within the return window. If it breaks after those 30 days (at least here in the US), you have to deal with the manufacturer to claim warranty. And that's where I've only heard horror stories about Asus and Gigabyte, that it can take forever. But how about Asrock? Or MSI (my perception of MSI was that they always had low quality stuff, but that perception is probably outdated at this point).
Well uhm - EU regulations are different...you can send defective parts back to the vendor and Amazon tends to just replace everthing without asking - at least for 6 months - after that you kind of could RMA for the next 18 months - but that is where it get complicated…you RMA with the vendor but you have to prove it is production failure - otherwise you must stick with warranty of the manufacturer...

But anyhow that doesn't help you...

Quote:
As for budget, it used to be that $250 would get you a pretty high-end board 5 years ago, but I see that things have changed a lot Still don't really want to spend more than $250 or so, and I don't need all the H4CK3R 3L17E G4M3R features, such as RGB and all that nonsense I just want a good dependable board with lots of I/O (I have 5-6 SATA drives), that's stable and maybe offers some OC headroom (I don't usually do a ton of overclocking).

I did have my eye on that Asus TUF Gaming board. I don't need ECC support, though Thunderbolt 3 would be nice to have.
Well $250 is not much for a good quality x570. Look in the guide by bullzoid.

In the low end of x570-Boards I would go for the MSI MEG Unify x570 - but it is more like $299.

If you need TB3 - go Asrock Creator - but that is more like $500...or Asrock Phantom Gaming - but that is ITX and only has 1 PCIe Slot...

Greetings,
Medizinmann
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Well uhm - EU regulations are different...you can send defective parts back to the vendor and Amazon tends to just replace everthing without asking - at least for 6 months - after that you kind of could RMA for the next 18 months - but that is where it get complicated…you RMA with the vendor but you have to prove it is production failure - otherwise you must stick with warranty of the manufacturer...

But anyhow that doesn't help you...

Well $250 is not much for a good quality x570. Look in the guide by bullzoid.

In the low end of x570-Boards I would go for the MSI MEG Unify x570 - but it is more like $299.

If you need TB3 - go Asrock Creator - but that is more like $500...or Asrock Phantom Gaming - but that is ITX and only has 1 PCIe Slot...

Greetings,
Medizinmann
Crazy that $250 is not enough for a good motherboard. How times have changed. I know there's nothing you can do about it, but man.

Well I guess my current short list, if I were to go for the current-gen boards (I may just wait for Zen 3 architecture which might also bring about a new chipset, X670 perhaps?, as I'm in no hurry to upgrade):

Asus Prime X570-Pro
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon

Potential budget stretches:
Asus ROG Strix X570-F (I don't care about WiFi, hardline is always better)
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 03:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Crazy that $250 is not enough for a good motherboard. How times have changed. I know there's nothing you can do about it, but man.
Inflation...Inflation...
No, just x570 is expensive and x570 Motherboards have better VRMs to provide enough power for 3900x/3950x...if you don't need PCIe Gen4 you could always go for a good B450 - like Motar Max.

Quote:
Well I guess my current short list, if I were to go for the current-gen boards (I may just wait for Zen 3 architecture which might also bring about a new chipset, X670 perhaps?, as I'm in no hurry to upgrade):

Asus Prime X570-Pro
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon

Potential budget stretches:
Asus ROG Strix X570-F (I don't care about WiFi, hardline is always better)
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra
In this price range I would really take a look at MSI MEG Unify x570 - best memory OC/XMP in this price range.

And if you can wait - wait. Chances are x670 is without chipset cooler and a little cheaper – and maybe some new features – like USB 4 – maybe…

Greetings,
Medizinmann
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Inflation...Inflation...
No, just x570 is expensive and x570 Motherboards have better VRMs to provide enough power for 3900x/3950x...if you don't need PCIe Gen4 you could always go for a good B450 - like Motar Max.

In this price range I would really take a look at MSI MEG Unify x570 - best memory OC/XMP in this price range.

And if you can wait - wait. Chances are x670 is without chipset cooler and a little cheaper – and maybe some new features – like USB 4 – maybe…

Greetings,
Medizinmann
That MSI Unify only has 4 SATA ports, I need at least 6 So that one is ruled out unfortunately.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 08:47 PM
New to Ryzen

Taichi if you can get it on sale has everything you need. Its pricey at retail price.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3800x
(18 items)
CPU
3800x
Motherboard
Asrock x570 Taichi
GPU
EVGA 980ti
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z Neo
Hard Drive
Western Digital BLACK SERIES
Hard Drive
Samsung 830 Series
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro Series
Hard Drive
Silicon Power M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Optical Drive
LG UH12NS29 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer
Power Supply
SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Titanium 750 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Cooling
EK EVO Copper CPU block
Cooling
EK Titan X Copper GPU block
Cooling
Alphacool NexXxos XT45 360 Radiator
Cooling
Alphacool NexXxos XT45 420 X-Flow Radiator
Cooling
Aquacomputer Aqualis 150mm
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Series Primo Aluminum ATX Full Tower Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
BenQ SW271 27.0" 3840x2160
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in