New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Just disabled and I have 24mb/s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 02:21 AM
"Topfn"

Get Driver Store Explorer and compare it to my my screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rapr.png
Views:	51
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	328008  

post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 08:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

My usb stick is Patriot 32GB Supersonic Rage Series USB 3.0 Flash Drive With Up To 180MB/sec

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	usb.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	328280  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-07-2020, 10:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Amazing work! I got a couple questions.

How did you start modding without experience considering we don't have bios flashback was it nerve wrecking?

What CPU do you have paired with this MB? I have a 3800X, what menu do you use for PBO? AI Tweaker or Advanced>PBO? (PBO doesn't seem to work for me).

Is there a special trick to getting fan stop to work? I used the T Sensor as the source and set the fan stop for anything lower than 32C but that fans still run at 20% duty cycle.
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-24-2020, 06:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Download is not available ?

You have bios profile (.cmo) for x470-f w/ Spread Spectrum disable

Thanks in advance
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-25-2020, 01:25 PM
King Dingeling

Quote: Originally Posted by Eder View Post
Bios mod Asus 470x-F

Currently modded:
  • Unlocked CBS menu
  • Unlocked VDDP in AI tweaker
  • Spread Spectrum disable option AI tweaker
  • Fan Stop options in monitor
  • Some CPU features unlocked
  • Also modded the 1000/2000 side of the bios so everyone can have some fun.

Two months ago I decided to learn some things about modding my bios. After a lot of testing I've decided to share this with you guys. Now I know the basics I want to learn more in the future. Let me know if you're missing something, have some modding advice and the experiences you have with this mod.

Use at your own risk, I'm not responsible for any problems. Don't modify options you don't know.

You need to follow the instructions using Flashrom here https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...s-3rd-gen.html especially this post https://www.overclock.net/forum/28128500-post4.html. After making a backup of your bios use FD44Editor to copy your serial number etc. to the new bios https://www.overclock.net/forum/28139368-post274.html.

Don't forget to edit your own UUID, MAC and Motherboard S/N before flashing with flashrom

Download Asus 470-F 5406 mod here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OIB...ew?usp=sharing

Recomendations:
Bios guide from Verangry on ComputerBase, all the settings are available now (German, use google translate if needed). Nice community!
When I use MBIST I get wierd errors so be careful with that.
Advanced settings from Dram Calc, also shown on one of the screenshot (memory training)
I hear a lot of people complaining about Asus removing AMD Cool&Quiet. It's not removed, it's enabled by default and has a different name. Don't worry about it.
can you post the dl link, it says the file is in the trash, or is the mod not working anymore?

Last edited by dobermann24; 04-25-2020 at 01:30 PM.
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 09:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by dobermann24 View Post
can you post the dl link, it says the file is in the trash, or is the mod not working anymore?
The file is in the trash and i can't download too, someone can upload de file ??
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Bios mod Asus 470x-F

Currently modded:
  • Unlocked CBS menu
  • Unlocked VDDP in AI tweaker
  • Spread Spectrum disable option AI tweaker
  • Fan Stop options in monitor
  • Some CPU features unlocked
  • Also modded the 1000/2000 side of the bios so everyone can have some fun.

Two months ago I decided to learn some things about modding my bios. After a lot of testing I've decided to share this with you guys. Now I know the basics I want to learn more in the future. Let me know if you're missing something, have some modding advice and the experiences you have with this mod.

Use at your own risk, I'm not responsible for any problems. Don't modify options you don't know.

You need to follow the instructions using Flashrom here https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...s-3rd-gen.html especially this post https://www.overclock.net/forum/28128500-post4.html. After making a backup of your bios use FD44Editor to copy your serial number etc. to the new bios https://www.overclock.net/forum/28139368-post274.html.

Don't forget to edit your own UUID, MAC and Motherboard S/N before flashing with flashrom

Download Asus 470-F 5406 mod here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OIB...ew?usp=sharing

Recomendations:
Bios guide from Verangry on ComputerBase, all the settings are available now (German, use google translate if needed). Nice community!
When I use MBIST I get wierd errors so be careful with that.
Advanced settings from Dram Calc, also shown on one of the screenshot (memory training)
I hear a lot of people complaining about Asus removing AMD Cool&Quiet. It's not removed, it's enabled by default and has a different name. Don't worry about it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pedrozun View Post
The file is in the trash and i can't download too, someone can upload de file ??
I'm sorry guys I didn't know it was gone. Unfortunately my job got really busy because of the Corona virus. I will reupload the bios next thursday.
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 01:14 PM
King Dingeling

Nice, thanks man
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 04:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

I'm sorry guys I didn't know it was gone. Unfortunately my job got really busy because of the Corona virus. I will reupload the bios next thursday.
God bless you!

Tags
x470-f

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in