Asus 470-F Bios mod

Bios mod Asus 470x-F

Currently modded:
  • Unlocked CBS menu
  • Unlocked VDDP in AI tweaker
  • Spread Spectrum disable option AI tweaker
  • Fan Stop options in monitor
  • Some CPU features unlocked
  • Also modded the 1000/2000 side of the bios so everyone can have some fun.

Two months ago I decided to learn some things about modding my bios. After a lot of testing I've decided to share this with you guys. Now I know the basics I want to learn more in the future. Let me know if you're missing something, have some modding advice and the experiences you have with this mod.

Use at your own risk, I'm not responsible for any problems. Don't modify options you don't know.

You need to follow the instructions using Flashrom here https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...s-3rd-gen.html especially this post https://www.overclock.net/forum/28128500-post4.html. After making a backup of your bios use FD44Editor to copy your serial number etc. to the new bios https://www.overclock.net/forum/28139368-post274.html.

Don't forget to edit your own UUID, MAC and Motherboard S/N before flashing with flashrom

Download Asus 470-F 5406 mod here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OIB...ew?usp=sharing

Recomendations:
Bios guide from Verangry on ComputerBase, all the settings are available now (German, use google translate if needed). Nice community!
When I use MBIST I get wierd errors so be careful with that.
Advanced settings from Dram Calc, also shown on one of the screenshot (memory training)
I hear a lot of people complaining about Asus removing AMD Cool&Quiet. It's not removed, it's enabled by default and has a different name. Don't worry about it.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 200122195011.BMP (3.00 MB, 1044 views)
File Type: bmp 200122195100.BMP (3.00 MB, 1018 views)
File Type: bmp 200122195031.BMP (3.00 MB, 49 views)
File Type: bmp 200122194947.BMP (3.00 MB, 46 views)
File Type: bmp 200122194916.BMP (3.00 MB, 48 views)
File Type: bmp 200122194903.BMP (3.00 MB, 55 views)

Last edited by Eder; 01-22-2020 at 12:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 06:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Eder View Post
  • Fan Stop options in monitor
hey there. is it possible to stop PWM fans with your mod if reading temperatures are low? it's so lame that the original bios can stop only DC fans.

ps.
btw, it would be great if you add an ability to create a custom curve for CPU_OPT fan, if I remember its name correctly. one more lame thing from ASUS creating a 4-pin controller and no actual control for it.

Last edited by ambivalence_ru; 01-21-2020 at 07:03 PM.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by ambivalence_ru View Post
hey there. is it possible to stop PWM fans with your mod if reading temperatures are low? it's so lame that the original bios can stop only DC fans.
Yes it's possible. I only tried the option for a couple of minutes so be shur to so some testing! Let me know if it works well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

ps.
btw, it would be great if you add an ability to create a custom curve for CPU_OPT fan, if I remember its name correctly. one more lame thing from ASUS creating a 4-pin controller and no actual control for it.
I will look into this next thursday.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 05:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Eder View Post
  • Spread Spectrum disable option AI tweaker
good thing for overclocking. my CPU was totally unstable with Spread Spectrum enabled. however, I cannot imagine a decent overclocker flashing his bios and using auto OC at the same time

I'll probably check the next version with the CPU_OPT control implemented. It would be great if you edit your first post adding screenshots from bios and explaining the exact features you've unlocked (best if examples of usage included). thanks for doing it, good well-round mobo.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 06:27 AM
"Topfn"

Hey Eder,

you modded/enabled a few more things than sexysale and myself back then. Nice!

Would you be so kind to post some screenshots of those additional settings?

Greetings
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Knodl View Post
Hey Eder,

you modded/enabled a few more things than sexysale and myself back then. Nice!

Would you be so kind to post some screenshots of those additional settings?

Greetings
When @The Stilt released the modified Flashrom and you guys came with the Spread Spectrum mod it inspired me to learn some bios modding so thank you!

I've added some screenshot.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

good thing for overclocking. my CPU was totally unstable with Spread Spectrum enabled. however, I cannot imagine a decent overclocker flashing his bios and using auto OC at the same time

I'll probably check the next version with the CPU_OPT control implemented. It would be great if you edit your first post adding screenshots from bios and explaining the exact features you've unlocked (best if examples of usage included). thanks for doing it, good well-round mobo.
Ha! I'm currently using auto OC, my 3700x boosts to 4450. I want to try some CCX overclock. If only we had some decent bios options for that (investigating).

Ok about CPU_OPT. I found that just like AIO_PUMP/W_PUMP+ all the settings are coupled. I don't know if it's possible to separate them. I'm currently learning about modifying menu's so I don't think I'm skilled enough to tackle this issue (yet). Example below.
Spoiler!
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 01:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

well, it's great enough that you've made it possible to stop the PWM fans. I've already sent the request for that to asus support, but they may ignore it easily.

could you please add some short explanations of the unlocked options? best if these explanations would be shown down below in the bios itself, if it's simple enough to do. also do you consider to mod newer versions of bios when they're out?
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 07:01 AM
"Topfn"

Awesome - thanks for the screenshots!

So the CPPC preferred cores setting was actually hidden and not a "X570-only" feature? Well, thanks a lot Asus! -.-

Edit:

I flashed it and it's working fine. No issues here.

Regarding Cool´n´Quiet...
Source1
Source2 (~1:26:08)

Last edited by Knodl; 01-23-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Tags
x470-f

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in