No bios and dram qled solid yellow after choosing overclock profile - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

No bios and dram qled solid yellow after choosing overclock profile

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
No bios and dram qled solid yellow after choosing overclock profile

Please help. Just completed my build - everything was working great. Updated my bios - went just fine. I have g.skill trident 3200 ddr4 and noticed it was running at 2133 so I chose the overclock profile in the docp setting, selected save and exit and that's all she wrote. Everything is running but bios won't come back up. I tried to cold boot but same issue. Then I noticed the dram qled was glowing yellow. Now what do I do? I'm certain it didn't like the overclock setting for some reason - not sure how to revert back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 10:12 PM
OG AMD

Rep: 595 (Unique: 464)
Quote: Originally Posted by sixofharts87 View Post
Please help. Just completed my build - everything was working great. Updated my bios - went just fine. I have g.skill trident 3200 ddr4 and noticed it was running at 2133 so I chose the overclock profile in the docp setting, selected save and exit and that's all she wrote. Everything is running but bios won't come back up. I tried to cold boot but same issue. Then I noticed the dram qled was glowing yellow. Now what do I do? I'm certain it didn't like the overclock setting for some reason - not sure how to revert back.

You need to reset bios by shorting or pressing CLR_CMOS. What motherboard are you using? Or just keep power it down completely and restart it until it loads failsafe settings.

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/4d8m5e-6.png
https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/bs72bx-6.png
AMD Athlon II 450 @4.74GHz http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2204588
AMD MaxxMemm Rankings
960T @ 4.6GHz http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2171450
RedwoodCustomPC
AM4
(6 items)
Redwoodz
(10 items)
Professional
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard
ASRock X470 Taichi
GPU
MSI RX570 Armor MKII 8GB
RAM
GSKill Trident Z D-die
RAM
TeamGroup Excalibur
Power Supply
GSKill Ripjaws PS850G
CPU
AMD FX Vishera 8350
Motherboard
ASRock Extreme 9 990FX
GPU
HIS X 7970 IceQ
RAM
Gskill Trident
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Power Supply
Seasonic SS-760XP
Cooling
TT Water 2.0
Monitor
Samsung Series 9 27"
Keyboard
Mionix Zibal
Mouse
Mionix 5000
CPU
Phenom II X6 1100t
Motherboard
MSI 890FX GD65
GPU
MSI Radeon HD5670
RAM
GSkill RipjawsX DDR3 PC3 12800 2x4GB CL8
Hard Drive
WD Black 1TB SATA III
Optical Drive
Samsung BD
Power Supply
Kingwin Lazer Platinum 500w
Cooling
Zalman 9900MAX
Case
Fractal Design R3
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Professional
Monitor
AOC 22" LED
Keyboard
Logitech
Other
Samsung 470 SSD 128GB
▲ hide details ▲

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Redwoodz View Post
You need to reset bios by shorting or pressing CLR_CMOS. What motherboard are you using? Or just keep power it down completely and restart it until it loads failsafe settings.
I have an asus tuf gaming x-570 plus wifi motherboard. I'm not sure what CLR_CMOS is? I did power it down completely and restarted and still no luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 10:27 PM
Invalid Media

Rep: 47 (Unique: 24)
I have an asus tuf gaming x-570 plus wifi motherboard. I'm not sure what CLR_CMOS is? I did power it down completely and restarted and still no luck.

Have you tried to hold the 'power' button down continuously for 10 sec or so ? That should get you back to setup mode on the next boot. Alternatively (and more drastically), power down your computer, unplug your PSU, look on your mobo for the battery (looks like a round silver coin) and remove that for at least 10 sec...then put it back in. With the latter method, you will lose all your settings (such as date / time etc) but it will 'reset' to the most basic boot-up config
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by J7SC View Post
Have you tried to hold the 'power' button down continuously for 10 sec or so ? That should get you back to setup mode on the next boot. Alternatively (and more drastically), power down your computer, unplug your PSU, look on your mobo for the battery (looks like a round silver coin) and remove that for at least 10 sec...then put it back in. With the latter method, you will lose all your settings (such as date / time etc) but it will 'reset' to the most basic boot-up config
I have not tried either of those things. Stupid question - hold the power button down for 10 sec when the pc is already on or do that while it is off or it doesn't matter? I'll try that first and then the more drastic measure you suggested. Thanks!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

The 10 second hold on the power button had no impact. Looks like removing the battery will require removing the GPU first. I need to get to bed so I'll save that project for tomorrow and report back with the results.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 07:13 AM
OG AMD

Rep: 595 (Unique: 464)
The 10 second hold on the power button had no impact. Looks like removing the battery will require removing the GPU first. I need to get to bed so I'll save that project for tomorrow and report back with the results.

There is a setting in bios that sets how many time the bios will try and evoke the new settings before resorting back to failsafe settings, so you may have to restart it more than 3 times. Power it down,unplug psu, hold power button down for 10 secs with the pc unplugged to power...this removes any residual voltage in the system.

On another note looks like you found the main weakness of the X570 TUF- no CLR_CMOS button on the bottom or i/O shield requiring removing gpu to reset bios. If you had a full cutom water loop you would really be pissed about now.

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/4d8m5e-6.png
https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/bs72bx-6.png
AMD Athlon II 450 @4.74GHz http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2204588
AMD MaxxMemm Rankings
960T @ 4.6GHz http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2171450
RedwoodCustomPC
AM4
(6 items)
Redwoodz
(10 items)
Professional
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard
ASRock X470 Taichi
GPU
MSI RX570 Armor MKII 8GB
RAM
GSKill Trident Z D-die
RAM
TeamGroup Excalibur
Power Supply
GSKill Ripjaws PS850G
CPU
AMD FX Vishera 8350
Motherboard
ASRock Extreme 9 990FX
GPU
HIS X 7970 IceQ
RAM
Gskill Trident
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Power Supply
Seasonic SS-760XP
Cooling
TT Water 2.0
Monitor
Samsung Series 9 27"
Keyboard
Mionix Zibal
Mouse
Mionix 5000
CPU
Phenom II X6 1100t
Motherboard
MSI 890FX GD65
GPU
MSI Radeon HD5670
RAM
GSkill RipjawsX DDR3 PC3 12800 2x4GB CL8
Hard Drive
WD Black 1TB SATA III
Optical Drive
Samsung BD
Power Supply
Kingwin Lazer Platinum 500w
Cooling
Zalman 9900MAX
Case
Fractal Design R3
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Professional
Monitor
AOC 22" LED
Keyboard
Logitech
Other
Samsung 470 SSD 128GB
▲ hide details ▲

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Redwoodz View Post
There is a setting in bios that sets how many time the bios will try and evoke the new settings before resorting back to failsafe settings, so you may have to restart it more than 3 times. Power it down,unplug psu, hold power button down for 10 secs with the pc unplugged to power...this removes any residual voltage in the system.

On another note looks like you found the main weakness of the X570 TUF- no CLR_CMOS button on the bottom or i/O shield requiring removing gpu to reset bios. If you had a full cutom water loop you would really be pissed about now.
Very helpful. I'll try multiple restarts before resorting to removing the gpu and the battery. Yes, I would be pissed! I've since realized this is all my fault - didn't realize the trident I bought is not in the qvl list - misread it.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Very helpful. I'll try multiple restarts before resorting to removing the gpu and the battery. Yes, I would be pissed! I've since realized this is all my fault - didn't realize the trident I bought is not in the qvl list - misread it.
Argh. New problem. The motherboard won't let go of my gpu. Can't seem to unhook the latch. Now it is halfway out and stuck in limbo. Looks like I'll need to remove the entire motherboard to be able to get an angle on it. All that to say I won't have an update for probably a day as to whether removing the battery works to address my issue.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Argh. New problem. The motherboard won't let go of my gpu. Can't seem to unhook the latch. Now it is halfway out and stuck in limbo. Looks like I'll need to remove the entire motherboard to be able to get an angle on it. All that to say I won't have an update for probably a day as to whether removing the battery works to address my issue.
Progress...sort of... I was able to remove the gpu, pop out the battery, replace it (after several minutes), get everything back in place but now my boot device qled is on and my vga qled is on. Thoughts? (Oh..and still no display on the monitor).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in