Overclock.net banner

oc 3200 ram to 3600

4K views 40 replies 9 participants last post by  Awsan 
#1 ·
Hi

I have Asus tuf x570 motherboard and 3200MHz RAM, can I oc to 3600MHz ?

#2 ·
I don't know if you can but your board can.

#4 ·
how is that trolling? you bought an X series chipset and everything but A320 can OC, but if you have to ask you probably shouldn't.

#7 ·
If you ask for help, please give more information
We need a thaiphoon burner readout - including PCB revision and die size
And at best a ryzen master screenshot, soo to see what the board does autopredict
How much mistakes it makes

Without knowing this two things, we can't predict what you use
Even if you give us the memory model number, you still can get random chips on it
There is nothing to help without giving more clear information than confirming
Your board can OC, and 3200 ram probably can go higher if you want to spare the time doing so (it's tedious)
Less tedious is just using the DRAM Calculator :)
~ The Pook helped where he could with all the information given :p

#18 ·
Something small like 1.9v :)
Just in the point 1 area~
recommending not to focus on getting experience is, frustrating to say at least
Guess not everyone has the will to focus on tinkering their gear

#19 ·
lol when you have built and dealt with as many workstations and gaming PC's as I have, you'll know that it is very possible that a small voltage bump can cause catastrophic issues. No 2 systems, let alone components are exactly the same. One set of ram could be golden, the other a turd that barely passed validation.
Never once said not to do it. I offered another avenue to achieve the desired outcome without sacrificing his system in the process, in addition to saying that reading and understanding what is going on before attempting.

#24 ·
Hi,
Keep SOC voltage under 1.2v, start at 1 volt
Ram voltage 1.45v is the highest id go.
update to newest bios

leave the timings stock for now.

it also depends on how good the memory controller on the cpu is, which is out of your hands.

bump up the frequency on the memory as well as the two voltages in small increments.
then run memory stress test for validation.

i think its doable, good luck

• Rep+
Reactions: Welliam
#27 ·
Rec means recommended.
do whats recommended, or go a little under max

#29 ·
if you are looking for more in depth tips on memory overclocking consider watching videos by Buildzoid on youtube

#37 · (Edited)
Don't worry too much about degrading stuff
The range when you degrade the CPU is pretty high, mostly vCore is very dangerous to play with on this generation
On memory, nothing can happen - this is not silicon to degrade

Too high voltage will be bad, but up to nm size (you need to know which dies you got - readout Thaiphoon burner)
you can play between 1.42-1.48v vDIMM
Don't be worried to push 1.46v into some memory kit, it won't kill it nor degrade it without running 10h of high load stresstest on high voltagee
You could technically push 1.6v into memory, which is fine as long as you don't run any stresstest or use it 100%
although don't - unless you know what you do
under 1.5v is where you can move freely - sometimes 1.48v is the upper limit on 16-18nm ICs/chips

But panic making aside, unless you push stupid voltages - there is nothing to worry about
I learned on 25nm HynixMFR 2666CL16-18 kits with up to 1.62v - they still run well without any degradation whatsoever
Be Brave with Caution :p

#39 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.