Aorus B450i unstable with 3200MHz RAM (Help!) - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Aorus B450i unstable with 3200MHz RAM (Help!)

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-20-2020, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Aorus B450i unstable with 3200MHz RAM (Help!)

I just picked up an Aorus B450 I Pro Wi-Fi motherboard to pair with my existing Ryzen 2700X and Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 RAM in an ITX case. I am trying to get my RAM to run at 3200MHz, its rated speed, but my system becomes unstable (blue screens right after booting into Windows) with XMP Profile enabled. I have installed the latest BIOS update but no idea where to go next.

This issue is really frustrating me. I had the same problem with another Gigabyte B450 board and ended up just swapping it for an ASUS one, which ran the RAM at 3200MHz without any issues whatsoever. I had hoped the latest BIOS update would fix things, since it promises improved memory compatbility, but no luck. After some searching, I see this is a common problem with Gigabyte boards.

One of the solutions I tried was to manually set my RAM voltage. I tried 1.35v initially, then increased to 1.4v, but that made no difference at all. Yet more blue screens right after logging into Windows. I'm not sure if it's safe to go higher than that -- I've read conflicting info about it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in