MSI MAG x570 TOMAHAWK WIFI - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

MSI MAG x570 TOMAHAWK WIFI

post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 08:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by Jase006 View Post
I got one of these motherboards aswell and came here looking for some advice
Could you tell me if I RAID 2 500gb Samsung nvme will I still have the sata ports available or does it kick the data ports off
I can’t test it yet I’m waiting for new psu to come
No information about that in the Manual. At Page 32. This will Work with all 6 ports.

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

RYZENBUFU: R7 3800X @ 4300Mhz| Noctua NH-U14S (Push-Pull) - BeQuite SilentWings 3 - 140MM | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero UEFI 7704 | 32 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K16G4D32AESB @ 3600Mhz CL14 T1 | Zotac AMP Extreme GTX 1080 | NVME & SSD's & HDD's | Be quite Dark Power P11 850W | Phanteks Evolv ATX with BeQuite SilentWings 3 - 140MM | Creative Sound TITANIUM HD | Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro | Logitech Z 2300 2.1 THX | Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 10:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Thanks for that I checked manual aswell but didn’t really tell me much
post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 03:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

What I don't like in my Tomohawk: 1. If you set too high or too low parameters in a BIOS to try reach best result and you failed you have to manually open a case and clear the BIOS. In my previous ASUS mobo in this case the mobo just reboot several times and went to last stable settings. This feature is super convenient when you need to adjust your new system. 2. If you new player of MSI don't install their Dragon software. Many people complain about this software. I've installed it and… nothing. I didn't find it in my computer. People say it's ok, it happens, just re-install several times and if you happy you will find it, may be. Even if you find it you will meet with issue Magic light - part of this software, which responds to lights in your mobo. As to me I've installed only drivers for my mobo, sound, lan card, and wifi that it. The system stable at 4.4GHz with 1.2v. (3800x, set manually) , ram 3600MHz, CL14, 1.4v.(Patriot 4400). No issue with temps on chipset, vrm, cpu, and etc. CPU - 40C - idle, 60C - gaming. Others components - no more 50C under load except mobo chipset. The chipset temp is always 50-60C anytime. A chipset fan start is working after 60C so I don't worry about it. I use D15 for the CPU and 4 case fans.
When I tested BIOS I feel that it's not stable in overclocking as asus mobo. I hope it because the mobo is new and later msi will release more stable bios.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by desoto View Post
What I don't like in my Tomohawk: 1. If you set too high or too low parameters in a BIOS to try reach best result and you failed you have to manually open a case and clear the BIOS. In my previous ASUS mobo in this case the mobo just reboot several times and went to last stable settings. This feature is super convenient when you need to adjust your new system. 2. If you new player of MSI don't install their Dragon software. Many people complain about this software. I've installed it and… nothing. I didn't find it in my computer. People say it's ok, it happens, just re-install several times and if you happy you will find it, may be. Even if you find it you will meet with issue Magic light - part of this software, which responds to lights in your mobo. As to me I've installed only drivers for my mobo, sound, lan card, and wifi that it. The system stable at 4.4GHz with 1.2v. (3800x, set manually) , ram 3600MHz, CL14, 1.4v.(Patriot 4400). No issue with temps on chipset, vrm, cpu, and etc. CPU - 40C - idle, 60C - gaming. Others components - no more 50C under load except mobo chipset. The chipset temp is always 50-60C anytime. A chipset fan start is working after 60C so I don't worry about it. I use D15 for the CPU and 4 case fans.
When I tested BIOS I feel that it's not stable in overclocking as asus mobo. I hope it because the mobo is new and later msi will release more stable bios.
Or you could use the microbutton on the back I/O. The kind that you have to use a paperclip to push. That will reset the BIOS without having to open the case.

MAG X570 TOMAHAWK, Ryzen 3700X, 2x8 FlareX (3200 B-Die), MSI 1080.
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 11:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Looks like the latest BIOS is out of beta - 7C84v11 says it was released on 15th July but I've been checking fairly regularly and it wasn't there last week

MSI X570 TOMAHAWK - 7C84v11 | R9 3900X | Patriot Viper Steel 4000 C19 (4x8GB) @ 3733 C16 | MSI GTX970 | Fractal Design Kelvin S36 | BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro P9 850W | Fractal Design Define S
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 04:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

To Zendal
Yeah. I forgot about this little button. Thanks.
post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 02:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
So on the V115 beta bios I had this strange thing happen where I couldnt change the manual Vcore or set an LCC. Setting a manual VCore reverted the voltage to 1.1v after a restart and the LCC setting didn't do anything at all. Did anyone else see that happen or was just that on my end? Everything is find on the v113 bios. Maybe i'll try and update to the new stable bios and see if that behaves properly for me.
post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-05-2020, 01:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Try new one. (non beta).
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-06-2020, 02:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by desoto View Post
Try new one. (non beta).

I'm getting the same on the new final release. Tried it last night. Manual override for CPU overclock does nothing and the voltage reverts to 1.1. The only setting that lets me set a manual override is the offset mode where I can set a fixed voltage and leave the offset at auto. V113 beta works fine though, all manual voltage set types work fine and the LLC settings work fine.

I tested this with stock settings everything on a R5 3600.
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-08-2020, 02:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Thanks for sharing your experience. Interesting, is it possible to update bios with old version firmware for msi boards?

Tags
Msi , ryzen , tomahawk , wifi , x570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in