asus k8v deluxe overclocking - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

asus k8v deluxe overclocking

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
hey guys, i have a asus k8v mobo n the athlon 64 3000+ processor wit 512mb of ram. i want to know how to overclock it. i have tryd a littl bit but have gotten really nowhere. i kno this computer can run way faster then it is now. its running only at 2gigs or 2000 mzh.... i kno that it can go way faster. what am i doing wrong? also i want tto know how to lower ur multiplyer? and please like help me get this computer up to almost 3 giggs if possible. tell me wat i would need n what i need to do thanx,.

<----If my post was helpful to you, i would appreciate it if you add to my reputation*smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 11:12 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 354 (Unique: 187)
Read through this guide. I don't know how close to 3ghz you will get, but you can try. I believe the multiplier on your CPU is locked. So you can't change it. The only way to overclock is to just continue to up the FSB. What speed of RAM do you have? First, just to fine the max CPU speed, you want to put your RAM on a divider. It's usually called CPU/RAM ratio, or DRAM divider, or something like that. Just make it so your RAM is not being overclocks. Then increase your FSB 10mhz, test the system to see if you can boot into windows, then up 10 more mhz. After it can't boot into windows, lower it back down 10, then start testing your system w/ a game or w/ prime95 (a link can be found in the guide). You will probably crash at this speed, since 10mhz high didn't allow you to get into windows. So lower your FSB 5-10mhz and test again. Keep lowing your FSB until you can run prime95 for 8 hours. Once you can, you can raise your FSB 1-2mhz at a time to find the max speed. At this point we know your at one of your limits, but we don't really know whether it's your motherboard limiting your FSB, or your CPU limiting your max clock speed. That's why it's nice to be able to change the multiplier, so you can lower it to make sure your not overclocking your processor, then find your mobo's max FSB. Then raise the multi to find your CPU's max clock speed. But reading through the guide should be very helpful. Good luck!

Fold for the cure & team 37726!!
H2O cooling: Chevette heatercore, 172mm 258CFM fan, Apogee GT, and Ehiem 1250. Load temp @ 1.45vcore 41C.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2004, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

i have read that guide and some of it is confusing. i have tryd to overclock my mobo by changing the fsb up 10 everytime i had it at 230mzh and then it frooze reset my bios.. i dunno wat im doing wrong. also there are alot of conifgs int eh bios that i can change..like for memory config:

1.memclock mode auto/manual
2.bank interleaving auto/disable
3.then it has all the clocks for the mems
4.cas-trc-trfc-trcd-twr-trwt-tras-trp
5.ddr clock delay
i want to know the higher the clock settin the better or lower?

JUMPERFREE CONFIG:
1.cpu fsb freq 200mzh-290mzh
2.vcore offset none-100mv/200mv/300mv
3.ddr voltage-auto-2.6/2.7/2.8
4.agp voltage-1.5/1.7
5.v-link voltage-2.5/2.7
6.performance mode-standard/turbo

these are teh setttings that i go to, to oc mah ****, do u think u can help me out n tell me sum good settings. i dujnno wat i am doing wrong. i kno this computer can go mad faster. but i think it is the memory that is holding me back. i have 2 -256mb kingston ddr ram pc 2700..so i think that is wat is holding me back. please tell me wat i need to do, or buy to upgrade my performance thanx

<----If my post was helpful to you, i would appreciate it if you add to my reputation*smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2004, 12:14 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 243 (Unique: 133)
yeah for sure you'll need better ram for the a64's cause their multi only is in the >10 so you'll need to run it at 230+mhz or somethin to get high clocks. the problem is the motherboards that are out nowadays dont have a agp/pci bus so your also limited by your motherboard. in a few weeks/months the new motherboards are comming out that let you hit higher fsb cause of the pci/agp locks. so the only 2 things that need to be changed is your mobo and ram. i would switch the ram first if i were you and buy this:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...146-287&depa=0

and then when the new a54 motherboard chipset comes out sell your current mobo and buy the new ones

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 354 (Unique: 187)
Timings you want lower, frequeny/FSB you want higher. If you had trouble at 230mhz... then of course lower it back down to 220 and test it out. 230 was probably just too high. Your probably running on some sort of DRAM/CPU divider, because your RAM probably won't do 210mhz FSB. You want to set your RAM manually. Timings you should probably use are 2.0-2-2-6, then find your DRAM/CPU ratio setting, and change it to 5/4 or 3/2.

Fold for the cure & team 37726!!
H2O cooling: Chevette heatercore, 172mm 258CFM fan, Apogee GT, and Ehiem 1250. Load temp @ 1.45vcore 41C.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2004, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

the stuff tthat i put at my last reply can u tell me each setting that i want to put. i kno i am ****ty at this but im trying to learn. tell me how to wrk this out without frying my mobo or processor.. n to plague u saythis mobo sux? its the new kv8 deluxe i thought this was a great mobo i have 2 of them. lol got them for free... tell me how much u think i could get for them or sell them. i just need alil help guys thanx fopr all ur help

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 243 (Unique: 133)
ALL a64 motherboards suck because none of them have agp/pci busses. the better ones are commin out later

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in