NZXT Switch 810 - 420/280 Build - Page 10 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

NZXT Switch 810 - 420/280 Build

post #91 of 217 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 118 (Unique: 105)
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtrkandy View Post

Well Virginia people are really from everywhere haha, I was orginally from the great state of Texas, and always will be Texan!! biggrin.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JkzRNkhcQs

My mom and step dad live in Texas thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonindeBeatrice View Post

Odd, you haven't visited the club thinking.gif
Hooters day? Hooters day.

you know, the place they have sub-par wings and depending on the location....sub-par ladies with big h00ters tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2Far View Post

Pretty good job. I'm gonna watch this from very close. I'm making nearly the same watercooling.

Thanks man! These rads are really well built and add a significant amount of weight, empty. But with slight mods, you can make them work. thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffblute View Post

It seems I have seen this setup some where before, Hmm (Looks at his own sig) biggrin.gif
Amazing job here man, keep up the good work !

Thanks Man! We have almost Identical rigs. biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbaldwin86 View Post

Nice...
And it was fun putting a 420 and 280 in my 700D but that had a lot more room.

Im not to familiar with that case, but I'd def like to do a build in one. Maybe one of my OTHER friends will get that case? wheee.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegage View Post

Man i cant wait to see the rest of this lol thinking about getting the same rad up top and mounting a t virus and swiftech mp655 in my 810 its just to plain for me now. but what color to go with hmm idk
Quote:

So any beefy 420 rads that do fit in the holes correctly that are 60mm

Sweet man! Post those pics when you can! I dont know of any other 420 60mm radiators that will properly line up with the case holes, as I've only had experience with the Phobya rad. But Iggg was able to mount a Black Ice GT Stealth with no modifications. Also, I checked out the Black Ice GT Xtreme (which is 60mm) has the same measurements as the GT Stealth rad, only thicker. I would think since both rads are identically the same, (minus the thickness) you can mount the GT Xtreme with no modifications. thinking.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 217 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 03:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonindeBeatrice View Post

Odd, you haven't visited the club thinking.gif

been on overclock.net for over a year and some and never knew there were such things as VA clubs or such haha biggrin.gif
post #93 of 217 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 03:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 605 (Unique: 370)
Quote:
Originally Posted by protzman View Post

been on overclock.net for over a year and some and never knew there were such things as VA clubs or such haha biggrin.gif

Majority of our signaturess have links for it tongue.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 217 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 07:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
What size tubing are you using? smile.gif
post #95 of 217 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 07:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Loveeee your system!!! this is the case what i was dreaming to find biggrin.gif for my radiator biggrin.gif, but i have see the pic of your pump!! if it is the old fashion xsPC pump i am shure you will need to add other one to reach a good lvl in liter per H biggrin.gif

loveee your system biggrin.gif
post #96 of 217 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 11:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Yep deff gonna have to do some pics got the frozen q double bay red helix order with the 420 g changer rad mcp655pump red tubing and the apogee hd block for my 2500k well see where this goes for water cooling my 448 cores with the 480 waterblocks and myabe squeeze in a 240 or 280 rad on the bottom
post #97 of 217 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by |-Goku-| View Post

What size tubing are you using? smile.gif

7/16"ID 5/8" OD with 3/32" Wall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob_with_Tools View Post

Loveeee your system!!! this is the case what i was dreaming to find biggrin.gif for my radiator biggrin.gif, but i have see the pic of your pump!! if it is the old fashion xsPC pump i am shure you will need to add other one to reach a good lvl in liter per H biggrin.gif
loveee your system biggrin.gif

Thanks, the case is great to work with. Lots of room and very accommodating for water-cooling. The pump is an x20 750 from xspc. It's not the best pump on the market, but it'll get the job done. The x20 750 pump is comparable to an a Alphacool VPP655 on setting 3, which would moves roughly around 750 lph. I'm currently using this pump in my system which has three blocks, an RX360 and RX120, and it does the job. There will be upgraded to the pump/res later down the road. thumb.gif
Quote:

Yep deff gonna have to do some pics got the frozen q double bay red helix order with the 420 g changer rad mcp655pump red tubing and the apogee hd block for my 2500k well see where this goes for water cooling my 448 cores with the 480 waterblocks and myabe squeeze in a 240 or 280 rad on the bottom

stick a 280 on the bottom! biggrin.gif Should be a clean build. Hopefully my pics will help you out with clearance for the top 420 rad. What kind of 480 water block will you be using? I've seen two so far, a danger den block and an xspc block.

post #98 of 217 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 06:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:

So any beefy 420 rads that do fit in the holes correctly that are 60mm

it was already stated read entire post.
post #99 of 217 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Update time! I've been waiting on the owner to find the rest of his PSU cables, took him a couple days to find in his storage unit, but he found it. biggrin.gif

I don't know where I'm gonna mount this? In the back of the mobo tray or somewhere visible?

16GB of awesomeness!

I have the GPU and the 24 pin power cables installed. I mixed the orientation of PCI-E Extensions to get a feel of what would look better.....red/black or black/red?? thinking.gif

I'll be using the G-VANS FC Touch for all the fans in the case. It looks identical to the Lamptron FC. I'll let you know how it compairs to the Lamptron controller, as I've installed it in a white RV02 build I did for a friend.

Leak tested for 24hrs, maybe even longer cause I actually for got the pump was still on doh.gif...But it's leak free! Snorkle.gif

I need to get the build finished this Sunday because i'll be moving into a new house next weekend. All I have to do is rout the cables, add the dye, do some hardcore cable management, format his 1TB or 2TB HDD and install the OS. I might do a slight modification.....wont tell you what it is yet as im not sure it's going to happen. biggrin.gif

post #100 of 217 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 06:47 AM
PC Gamer

Rep: 134 (Unique: 111)
This is really neat stuff right here, wish I had the money to do something like this.

Subbed.

Versatility
(23 items)
CPU
Intel Core i5-8600k @ 4.8Ghz
Motherboard
ASRock Z370 Gaming K6
GPU
Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3000
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Blue M.2 500GB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200RPM
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova GS 550W
Cooling
Corsair H100i V2
Cooling
Cougar Vortex 120MM
Cooling
Cougar Vortex 120MM
Cooling
Corsair ML120
Cooling
Corsair ML120
Case
Thermaltake Versa H34
Operating System
Windows 10 Education 64-bit
Monitor
Dell S2417DG
Keyboard
Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown
Mouse
Logitech G403 Prodigy Wired
Mousepad
Corsair MM300 Extended
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster Z
Audio
Blue Microphones - Snowball (Brushed Aluminum)
Other
ASUS PCE-AC56 (AC1300)
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in