Suggestions in overclocking this AMD Build - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Suggestions in overclocking this AMD Build

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
So after my previous build's mobo has went to a better place.. i got a new mobo+cpu+ram combo around, and hence i still have the goodie cooling stuff, why not to push it up a bit, eh? smile.gif

Current build in my sig. Mainly using this for gaming.

Need some suggestions on what should i "play around with" to get the maximum out of this build.

Some current temp data..
CPU idle - around 10-15°C always.
CPU full load - max was 28°C after 2 hours of Prime95 Blend test.
GPU idles around 35-40°C and max was 72°C.

BIOS is updated to lastest, most of the settings are on Default.. (Auto).

Thanks in advance,
Marky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 12:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 708 (Unique: 565)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 12:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 91)
^ that

Slickdeal: I find dat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Years passed, haven't really used this rig for quite a while. Now back to business, updated with some new components.
Unfortunately i couldn't do much, guides i found are kinda outdated, pic errors and whatnot.

Temps are still good (overkill case for this small setup, good cooler).

Tried to OC, 3.3Ghz was about as far as i could get, 222 Bus speed, but ANY kind of OC i did to the bios, resulted in only "1 time use".
I mean, the max it accepted was 222, dropped mem speed etc, no matter if i added volts to the cpu or tinkered with any other settings what the guides suggested, no higher than that. Stable with Prime95 for hours, but as soon as i turn it off or simply reboot it, it just starts up with a black screen for about 2 minutes then 2 beeps from the bios and the god damn "Failed to overclock, please enter settings by pressing F1" appears ALL the time.

Adding to that, even if i set it to 205 Bus speed, restart and same message appears. So as soon as i try to take out its settings from AUTO it keeps failing on me after every restart.
Only option i found is turning the pc off, and unplugging it from the grid so the PSU looses all power, and next time i want to use it just plugging it back in and "fresh starting it". But this is not an option, as i already blew my last HX620 up like that, with all the turn on and turn offs i did to it every day. It literally blew up with a loud bang and smoke.. so yeah, no more of that with this HX620 if possible. (Got this one in waranty)

Any suggestions what should i try to successfully OC it or upgrade some components maybe? I'm really on a budget btw.

You guys suggested me this Case and PSU back in like 2010, which i am still not regretting and loving them even after all these years smile.gif
So i hope i could get some advice again, as i am seriously lost here. (And that stupid error is setting me up real bad.)

Sorry for my English smile.gif

M.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in