NEW!!! DRAM Calculator for Ryzen™ 1.5.1 (overclocking DRAM on AM4) + MEMbench 0.7 (DRAM bench) - Page 363 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

NEW!!! DRAM Calculator for Ryzen™ 1.5.1 (overclocking DRAM on AM4) + MEMbench 0.7 (DRAM bench)

post #3621 of 4640 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 11:40 AM

Well I don't know if it would do a whole lot. And pretty Mediocre Latencies but yeah it will work. Just the good clock on that chip is what's not bad and Nice. Runs all that older stuff just Fine and really not that much Lag at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3622 of 4640 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Invalid Media

Rep: 14 (Unique: 10)
Quote: Originally Posted by CJMitsuki View Post
With that set of parts that cost nearly as much as your soul I’d say you’re gonna have one hell of a setup. AMD is surprisingly easy to OC on the CPU side, now if you want max performance it takes a lot of time and patience on the memory side. It’s fun and frustrating for me at times but a challenge is nice. Plus I like being able to learn an architecture as it grows from infancy.

Tx for your help yesterday...mounted a TR4 air cooler mod (while I wait for the water-block) and booted up for the first time...once I ran Cinebench a few times I rebooted and got the 32GB of Ram up to 3466. Still, a looong way and steeep learning curve to go until its all optimized. I look forward to try to calculator.
post #3623 of 4640 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 08:47 PM
DRAM Obsessor

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by J7SC View Post
With that set of parts that cost nearly as much as your soul I’d say you’re gonna have one hell of a setup. AMD is surprisingly easy to OC on the CPU side, now if you want max performance it takes a lot of time and patience on the memory side. It’s fun and frustrating for me at times but a challenge is nice. Plus I like being able to learn an architecture as it grows from infancy.

Tx for your help yesterday...mounted a TR4 air cooler mod (while I wait for the water-block) and booted up for the first time...once I ran Cinebench a few times [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG] I rebooted and got the 32GB of Ram up to 3466. Still, a looong way and steeep learning curve to go until its all optimized. I look forward to try to calculator.
Oh wow, 3466c14 that fast? Good deal for sure. You must have got a good kit and a good bin out of the IMC.

CPU- AMD Ryzen [email protected] *[email protected](R.I.P)*
MOTHERBOARD-
ROG Crosshair VII Hero
GPU- EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 w/ XOC [email protected] (Morpheus Cooler)
RAM- G.SKILL TridentZ [email protected] (14-13-13-22-36)
COOLING- CORSAIR Hydro Series H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 (x7)
CASE- Silverstone RL06 Pro (Modified)
MONITORS- VIOTEK GN32C (x2)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3624 of 4640 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 09:14 PM
Invalid Media

Rep: 14 (Unique: 10)
Oh wow, 3466c14 that fast? Good deal for sure. You must have got a good kit and a good bin out of the IMC.

...so far so good but still have to do a lot of testing ! the headroom on the kit and the IMC seem to be there, though
post #3625 of 4640 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 08:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
What can happen if i increase my 2133mhz ram to 3200mhz?

I've overclocked and seems working fine

Which program i can test the stability? Only memtest64 or another one?

And about the temperature how i see what temperature im getting and the limit on which software?

Thanks!
post #3626 of 4640 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 08:14 AM
DRAM Obsessor

Quote: Originally Posted by thrallbr View Post
What can happen if i increase my 2133mhz ram to 3200mhz?

I've overclocked and seems working fine

Which program i can test the stability? Only memtest64 or another one?

And about the temperature how i see what temperature im getting and the limit on which software?

Thanks!
Many things can happen if it isn’t done correctly. Primarily it will cause memory errors which then can cause countless other problems. A memory error will cause data to be written incorrectly and that becomes an issue when the data that is written is a critical system file. Causing crashes, unwanted behaviors, and ultimately corruption to the point the operating system will have to be reinstalled cleanly costing you all of your data. I’ve corrupted my OS multiple times but I keep my operating systems backed up through Acronis so it only takes me a few min to get everything back to normal. Hwinfo64 or SIV are good for temps and other good info such as voltages and cooling. Memtest64, TM5, and RamTest are ok at testing memory with RamTest being my last choice and HCI Memtest being my first choice but TM5 is good for quick analysis of 99% stability. I’d suggest reading through this thread a bit and get some more knowledge as memory overclocking isn’t something to do blindly. The system can seem fine and a few days later be totally corrupted.

MOTHERBOARD-
ROG Crosshair VII Hero

post #3627 of 4640 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 09:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

But which temp will be fine for me check if all is good?

For stability is good easy to check, but temps and voltages am very confused if all is ok

Many things can happen if it isn’t done correctly. Primarily it will cause memory errors which then can cause countless other problems. A memory error will cause data to be written incorrectly and that becomes an issue when the data that is written is a critical system file. Causing crashes, unwanted behaviors, and ultimately corruption to the point the operating system will have to be reinstalled cleanly costing you all of your data. I’ve corrupted my OS multiple times but I keep my operating systems backed up through Acronis so it only takes me a few min to get everything back to normal. Hwinfo64 or SIV are good for temps and other good info such as voltages and cooling. Memtest64, TM5, and RamTest are ok at testing memory with RamTest being my last choice and HCI Memtest being my first choice but TM5 is good for quick analysis of 99% stability. I’d suggest reading through this thread a bit and get some more knowledge as memory overclocking isn’t something to do blindly. The system can seem fine and a few days later be totally corrupted.
post #3628 of 4640 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 09:52 AM
DRAM Obsessor

Quote: Originally Posted by thrallbr View Post
But which temp will be fine for me check if all is good?

For stability is good easy to check, but temps and voltages am very confused if all is ok

For DRAM voltage is ok anywhere from 1.35v-1.5v and SOC is ok from 1v-1.2v. Temps you shouldn’t worry about as they will be fine on DRAM but the higher the temp goes then the less stable the ram becomes. Try to keep ram below 35c for best results. You need a small fan blowing directly on the ram.

MOTHERBOARD-
ROG Crosshair VII Hero

post #3629 of 4640 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter
AMD overclocker/developer

Rep: 242 (Unique: 117)
Hynix CJR single rank presets collection(beta 1)

Memory : G.skill Sniper X 3600C19

These presets are rough, they are Safe, when compared to Reous presets https://www.hardwareluxx.de/communit...r-1206340.html, in the near future I will try to improve performance.

Key features of this memory:
1) best procODT +RTT : 60 + 40 , 53 + 34 , 53 + 40 (thanks @Reous )
2) best SOC voltages 1.0125-1.025 for ZEN + and 1.025 , 1.1 for ZEN 1
3) best CAD_BUS 24 24 24 24 or 20 20 20 20
4) best DRAM training voltage 1.5v
5) best tRFC 262ns
6) best stable tRRDS tRRDL tFAW , 6 8 34
7) best preset in my opinion is 3600 and 3733
8) best fast tRAS tRC 28 42 (there are no jerks in games)

3200CL14
Spoiler!

3266CL14
Spoiler!

3333CL14
Spoiler!

3400CL14
Spoiler!

3467CL14
Attention! Safe voltage exceeded! Additional cooling required!
Spoiler!

3467CL16
Spoiler!

3533CL16
Spoiler!

3600CL16
DRAM Voltage 1.39-1.42
Spoiler!

3666CL16
DRAM Voltage 1.44
Spoiler!

3733CL16
DRAM Voltage 1.45-1.46
Spoiler!

3800CL16 1
DRAM Voltage 1.42-1.44
Spoiler!

3800CL16 2
DRAM Voltage 1.42-1.44
Spoiler!

3867CL16
Not fully stable. Draft
Spoiler!

Today, one of the memory modules refused to work on MSI M7, but it can work on MEG CREATION if you first set the settings on a working module and then install a faulty module in the system. Modules in a pair refuse to work. At the moment, I am waiting for clarification from G.skill

Stand#1 Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX + Liqtech 240 * MSI MEG X399 CREATION * G.Skill [email protected] * Sapphire Vega 64 NITRO+ * Corsair HX750i * Samsung 960 PRO * Benq BL3201PT
Stand#2 Ryzen 2700X + NZXT Kraken x62 * MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC * G.Skill [email protected]3666CL14 * MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X * Corsair HX750i * Samsung 970 PRO
DRAM Calculator for Ryzen™ 1.5.1 by me + TM 5 0.12 1usmus config v3 (memory test)
How to update BIOS correctly + Unlocked AMD_CBS for Ryzen motherboard

Last edited by 1usmus; 12-11-2018 at 02:34 AM.
post #3630 of 4640 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 01:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by 1usmus View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Korennya View Post
@1usmus Used your calculator and plugged in every detail i could figure out on every page. 3400 passed memtest86 on first try. Running on a c6h (6301 bios) and a 1st gen ryzen 1600x that's doing 4.0ghz at the same time. Pretty good for 1st gen if i'm not mistaken.

Anyway. I could use your thoughts. It's only stable in slots 2/4.. What can I do to get it stable in slots 1/3?

Is this where the DDR tune 1-4 might be useful? Ignore where it says 2DPC-SR. I had 4 sticks in there, but there's only 2 right now. I hasn't gone back to 1DPC-SR since i put the 2 extra in even though they're not in there currently. I figure if we can figure out why the first two slots aren't stable, then I might have a chance getting all 4 to run at 3400.
CH6 uses the T-topology, for it there is no difference where memory is installed. But according to the laws of physics, the load must be installed at the end of the line, i.e. in slots 2 and 4

when you install all 4 modules in the system, the stability will increase, because the empty slots have electromagnetic interferences and there is no load

Quote: Originally Posted by DDDSS View Post
Memory controller, I think...

I didn't do it in safe mode, but I was sure to close all programs and services that weren't needed to minimize variance.

By the way, the "further tightened timings" look like this. Any suggestions on this? Which timings should I try to push further, or what timings are mismatched that increases the previously mentioned variance in latency between tests.
The operability of the memory controller is designed for 3 years using the maximum voltage of 1.2-1.25 volts. Within 3 years there will be a gradual degradation in the region of 0.01-0.03 volts

I do not like understated values for tRFC, tWRWRSD, tWRWRDD, tRDRDSD and tRDRDDD. Perhaps this is the reason for such results.
There is a concept - the golden mean, I try to always stick to it. Too low values degrade performance similarly too high. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]

Quote: Originally Posted by Saiger0 View Post
first thanks @1usmus for this awesome awesome tool [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

I have a 16gb flare x (3200 cl14) kit running at 3400mhz at 1.4v with slightly thighter timings than the fast preset. 3466 at cl 14 spits out errors really fast so i will keep 3400 and try to tighten it as much as possible.

My question is which timings do I start to tighten first? Will I even "see" any "improvement" that is worth the hustle?

(running 2700x at 4.2ghz with 1.35v on a x470 gaming pro carbon. 1.0125 soc)
your result is gorgeous, I think you need to stay on it. In the near future I will update the presets, wait, it will be easier to configure the system

Quote: Originally Posted by redtopracer View Post
@1usmus

I'll give the higher RTT PARK settings a try as well as the timings a try.

I've tried all the cad bus settings in the calculator to help stabilize 3466, but I can't get them to stop throwing errors. Best results are errors in first 10% lol.

Ive been testing cldp0_vddp settings and I think the memory straps stop right after 3400. So far 866 and 913 have eased booting issues at 3400 but 3466 still refuses to stabilize at acceptable timings.

I'm actually chasing down YouTube problems right now. YouTube flat out freezes in chrome even at stock. Mozilla does the same as well but only at the 3400 settings that tested stable. Games and movies do not crash it and CPU crypto mining doesn't either.

In all honesty this just might be it for these sticks. Should have gotten the uhq b dies instead of cheaping out and getting the HQ ones.
I received a notification that my Flare X 3200CL14 sets have already been delivered to my city, in the near future I will try to give an assessment of the quality of this memory. Perhaps it is not a UHQ, but most likely the problem of the architecture of the memory controller + motherboard topology

Hynix CJR i already have [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

Looking forward to your Flare X testings. I'm currently running mine @ tighter than 3466MHz fast settings @ 1.41vdimm and 1.0v vsoc. 24/7 no hiccups yet. I can bench and game @ the same timings @ 3533MHz @1.15v vsoc and 1.45v vdimm but getting cold boot problems.

MSI X470 Gaming Plus, and 2700X

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in