NEW!!! DRAM Calculator for Ryzen™ 1.7.0 (overclocking DRAM on AM4) + MEMbench 0.8 (DRAM bench) - Page 672 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

NEW!!! DRAM Calculator for Ryzen™ 1.7.0 (overclocking DRAM on AM4) + MEMbench 0.8 (DRAM bench)

post #6711 of 6770 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 12:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by eliwankenobi View Post
Yes SoC voltage 1.1. PM1_VSOC leave at Auto as well as the rest of the subtimings and everything else other than the previously said settings. The motherboard should be able to set those values to something that would allow to boot and tweak from there. If you can’t boot at all, it may be that your chip can’t do 1900mhz FCLK. At which point 3733mhz would be next step, and you can then tweak for tight timings which should be little difficult to get something like cl14 timings. You have a good B-die kit
Next step was 3733mhz but no go than last night overwrite bios still no go, I reset MB clear cmos and try oc with ryzen master just ram. RAM 1,41V, SOC 1,1V Memory clock 1900mhz and coupled mode ON and live timings auto all and pc boot, with high timings, ok,...then i test with aida64 memory benchmark - ok,....than i go with timings step by step to CL16 and work, but i think i need to set up timings from calculator to get better performance, I will tray tonight.

How influence high soc and other voltage o temp cpu, not cpu voltage, just wonder?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6712 of 6770 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 03:26 AM
AMD OVERLOCKER

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by eliwankenobi View Post
I also own a Unify. For MSI boards it’s easier. Use the Memory Try It feature. Select the 3800mhz cl18. It sets everything necessary for a successful boot and then tweak from there leaving the Memory Try It ON. That’s how I got down to 3800 CL16 timings going relatively easy.

That B-Die bin is very good. DRC classifies it with over 90% potential to achieve over 4000 mhz. If you can’t boot with MEMORY TRY IT. Could be your chip can’t do 1900 fclk either. But try going down until you find one that works and tweak from there.
Why are u promoting 3800+ Cl16 speeds when it performs worse than 3733 CL14?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

• Ryzen 3600x @4490mhz v1.45, 2nd position at HWBOT
  • Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570
  • G-SkillLL F4-3200C15D-16GTZ Trident Z Series CL15 Bdies @3733 15-14-14-1T 1.39v
Offical Ryzen 5 3600x Owner!
post #6713 of 6770 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 04:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by rastaviper View Post

huh how difficult is to get cl14 on 3733mhz or 3600mhz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6714 of 6770 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 05:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by Roboionator View Post
Next step was 3733mhz but no go than last night overwrite bios still no go, I reset MB clear cmos and try oc with ryzen master just ram. RAM 1,41V, SOC 1,1V Memory clock 1900mhz and coupled mode ON and live timings auto all and pc boot, with high timings, ok,...then i test with aida64 memory benchmark - ok,....than i go with timings step by step to CL16 and work, but i think i need to set up timings from calculator to get better performance, I will tray tonight.

How influence high soc and other voltage o temp cpu, not cpu voltage, just wonder?

Oh good! So you are able to boot with 1900fclk in coupled mode with RAM! Great! Perhaps there was some other setting in your mobo that was affecting your memory oc

Yes, the calculator gives rather optimized timings for lowering the latency, making performance at the same speed even better.
So you should see better numbers when punching in the calc numbers. Remember to test for memory stability in between entering changes from the calculator. Like maybe 4 at a time and run an Easy pass of Memtest on the calculator itself of 50 loops of Memtest64 or what have you, just to give you a base line of stability. If it fails quickly go back one step to find out which value it didn’t like.

Once you get to all the numbers on the calculator, then do a looong pass. Like 200 loops of MemTest64. I’ve found that one to be rather effective. The new MemTest from the calculator is also good and it gives you bandwidth and latency numbers like AIDA.

Speaking of testing... for the sake of consistency and ensuring you are seeing improvements in your Memory tuning not being affected by anything else, set clock speed to a fixed value. Nothing crazy, like maybe all core 4.0 or 4.1 ghz. If the cpu is doing it’s auto clock fluctuations all the time, your bandwidth and latency numbers will be different every time and you want your numbers to only be affected by your RAM settings. Also go to Task Manager and on Startup Tab, disable any unnecessary software, this is for the same reason. Once you have memory where you like it, or you are done for that day, then enable CPU Auto Clock or PBO or however you had it before, and the rest, enjoy and continue later

This is going to be consuming for sure.

Good luck
post #6715 of 6770 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 06:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

To be honest I haven’t tested 3733mhz CL14. Perhaps I should try and see for myself. But in my testing and from what I have seen around (not claiming here to be the absolute know it all) higher FCLK couple with MCLK and UCLK with tight timings at a given CPU speed will give higher bandwidth and lower latency. But it’s all a matter of finding a good sweet spot. I don’t want to take my system to the brink of collapse for absolute best numbers and have my system die two months later.

In gaming I’m sure it will not make a big difference meaning it will still be awesome. As has been proven before by Gerard Fraiser, tight timings at whatever memory speed is the more relevant than raw speed. And that is what matters if gaming is all you care about

This is with my current settings.

My numbers are actually a bit lower than what DRAM calc recommends as I continue little by little making changes and testing things. I believe I can go even lower in the sub-timings.

I don’t know about you but I find this to be pretty good. I have booted and ran tests at CL14 too and had numbers that are between the same to a little worse, but I need to tweak more the subtimings etc, also the 1.5v needed still make me a little nervous.

But yeah, well tuned CL16 timings can perform very very well. I am not going to outright call it best because I have seen some crazy numbers from other people here, but certainly a good place to be. Again, sweet spot. Perhaps 3733mhz CL14 can be a sweeter spot or that has been your experience. Again, I haven’t tested it.
post #6716 of 6770 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 06:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

NEW!!! DRAM Calculator for Ryzen 1.7.0 (overclocking DRAM on AM4) + MEMbench 0.8 (DRAM bench)

Quote: Originally Posted by Roboionator View Post
huh how difficult is to get cl14 on 3733mhz or 3600mhz

It is the same process as everything else.. no magic solution here. you just have to try. Lower CL values also require higher voltages. You gotta test going lower and lower until you find instability and go back a few notches. I am meaning all the timings, not just the primaries.

Though for 3733, you may be able get there below 1.45v. Follow DRAM calc recommendations. Those are done based on a lot of testing and should work ok. I haven’t tested it myself as I was focused on getting the higher FCLK clocks and so far so good.

Last edited by eliwankenobi; 02-14-2020 at 06:42 AM.
post #6717 of 6770 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 10:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 94 (Unique: 73)
@eliwankenobi
Your ram is perfectly fine the way it is.See below and AIDA64 should be used as a guide.Not taken literal ,JMO

Dude your post are .....

I think this your best AIDA64 CL 15 3733Mhz 62.5ns
Spoiler!

Here is a CL 16 3800Mhz 62ns
Spoiler!
post #6718 of 6770 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 11:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

from calculator witch tRFC i set with or without alt?
post #6719 of 6770 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 11:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Animeleptic View Post
Thats very good. I notice your running GDM disabled so I am assuming your running only two sticks of RAM. Im running 4 sticks with GDM Enabled, can only run 3600 with GDM disabled with 4 sticks. GDM disabled will bench faster than GDM Enabled when stable, no errors.
Yeah, thats true. I only have 2 sticks I only had the time in mind there. You have faster memory and tighter timings then me, and think that you maybe loose approx 2-3 sec compared to an "easy dual stick" setup. But both results is very good either way

post #6720 of 6770 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 11:49 AM
BeardRobot

Rep: 0
Delete this post.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in