NEW!!! DRAM Calculator for Ryzen™ 1.7.3 (overclocking DRAM on AM4) + MEMbench 0.8 (DRAM bench) - Page 661 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

NEW!!! DRAM Calculator for Ryzen™ 1.7.3 (overclocking DRAM on AM4) + MEMbench 0.8 (DRAM bench)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6601 of 7838 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 10:45 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
marcelo19941's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 61
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by eliwankenobi View Post
Those guys are downclocking a 5000 cl18 to 3200 without changing ANY of the timings and comparing then.
This review proves that they dont have pacience or know how to review RAM.

Monster M1
(9 items)
CPU
Ryzen 9 3950X
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VIII Impact
GPU
Nvidia 2080Ti
RAM
Trident Z Neo 3600 cL16
Hard Drive
Sabrent Rocket 1Tb 4.0
Hard Drive
Sabrent Rocket 1Tb 4.0
Power Supply
Corsair SF750
Cooling
MO-RA3 420
Case
NCASE M1
▲ hide details ▲
marcelo19941 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6602 of 7838 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 01:15 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
stimpy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Rep: 0
@marcelo19941

I have just built a new system, my first AMD for 12 years! I am having problems with my RAM clock speeds and timings. I noticed that you have the same memory as me, and a similar motherboard (I have the Asus Crosshair VIII Hero). I am having a terrible time getting more than the stock 3200MHz out of my memory. It runs Windows fine, but will not pass Prime95 memtest if I overclock it.

Would you please share your settings, as it would give me a base to work from, as the Calculators settings just are not right for my system.

I built another system, with a lesser motherboard, but the same memory, and that one also had the same issues with running faster than 3200MHz!

Your help would be much appreciated, and would hopefully stop me from pulling my hair out!

Last edited by stimpy88; 01-29-2020 at 01:24 PM.
stimpy88 is offline  
post #6603 of 7838 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 04:20 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
marcelo19941's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 61
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by stimpy88 View Post
@marcelo19941

I have just built a new system, my first AMD for 12 years! I am having problems with my RAM clock speeds and timings. I noticed that you have the same memory as me, and a similar motherboard (I have the Asus Crosshair VIII Hero). I am having a terrible time getting more than the stock 3200MHz out of my memory. It runs Windows fine, but will not pass Prime95 memtest if I overclock it.

Would you please share your settings, as it would give me a base to work from, as the Calculators settings just are not right for my system.

I built another system, with a lesser motherboard, but the same memory, and that one also had the same issues with running faster than 3200MHz!

Your help would be much appreciated, and would hopefully stop me from pulling my hair out!
I started using the base settings from the calculator configured to 3800mhz and started dialing the timings.
Are you using a single rank or dual rank?

Monster M1
(9 items)
CPU
Ryzen 9 3950X
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VIII Impact
GPU
Nvidia 2080Ti
RAM
Trident Z Neo 3600 cL16
Hard Drive
Sabrent Rocket 1Tb 4.0
Hard Drive
Sabrent Rocket 1Tb 4.0
Power Supply
Corsair SF750
Cooling
MO-RA3 420
Case
NCASE M1
▲ hide details ▲
marcelo19941 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6604 of 7838 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 11:51 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
stimpy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by marcelo19941 View Post
I started using the base settings from the calculator configured to 3800mhz and started dialing the timings.
Are you using a single rank or dual rank?
I'm using single rank, and the memory is installed in slots B2 and A2. It's funny that I can run the calculators fast settings all day long, but only at 3200, if I go to 3400 it wont pass prime95. Also, my 3900X is running stock settings.
stimpy88 is offline  
post #6605 of 7838 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 10:05 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Synoxia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,226
Rep: 10 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by Badgerslayer7 View Post
I have a Asus crosshair hero viii Wifi. It only happens when I first enter the settings and save and exit bios after that it’s fine.
Have u been able to run 1933 fclk?

Tryndamere
(14 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard
Asus C7H Hero Wifi
GPU
RTX 2080 SUPER
RAM
G-Skill Tridentz 32gb 3800 16-16-16-16-40-56-336 1t GDM on
Hard Drive
HGST enterprise 7200rpm 3tb
Power Supply
EVGA G3 Gold 750w
Cooling
Noctua D15
Case
Phanteks Enthoo pro TG
Operating System
Win 10 REVI 1909 R4 64bit
Monitor
Asus XG279Q 170hz
Keyboard
RantoPad mxx Gateron Brown
Mouse
Logitech G Pro Wireless
Mousepad
Artisan ZERO Fx small
Audio
JBL LSR 305
▲ hide details ▲
Synoxia is offline  
post #6606 of 7838 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 10:47 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
marcelo19941's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 61
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Are you changing the voltages?
Have a look at my settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rmaster.PNG
Views:	93
Size:	438.4 KB
ID:	322800  

Click image for larger version

Name:	3800.PNG
Views:	31
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	322802  


Monster M1
(9 items)
CPU
Ryzen 9 3950X
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VIII Impact
GPU
Nvidia 2080Ti
RAM
Trident Z Neo 3600 cL16
Hard Drive
Sabrent Rocket 1Tb 4.0
Hard Drive
Sabrent Rocket 1Tb 4.0
Power Supply
Corsair SF750
Cooling
MO-RA3 420
Case
NCASE M1
▲ hide details ▲
marcelo19941 is offline  
post #6607 of 7838 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 11:13 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 57
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by Synoxia View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Badgerslayer7 View Post
I have a Asus crosshair hero viii Wifi. It only happens when I first enter the settings and save and exit bios after that it’️s fine.
Have u been able to run 1933 fclk?
No unfortunately but to be honest I spent so long getting 1900 to work I couldn’t be bothered/ not had time to spend trying to see if I could get 1933 to work.
Badgerslayer7 is offline  
post #6608 of 7838 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter
AMD overclocker/developer
 
1usmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Ukraine / Germany
Posts: 1,622
Rep: 325 (Unique: 149)
DRAM Calculator for Ryzen 1.7.0



Downloads will be available in the coming hours.

Download:
Techpowerup link
Guru3d link
Сomputerbase.de link
Techspot link

Changelog:
I believe that there should be a utility that provides the user with all important memory benchmarking tools, so this release was aimed exactly on that.
Updating the memory presets is planned in version 1.7.1.

* Added the functionality to read current memory timings for Zen 2 (AM4).
* Added a memory bandwidth test (Read and Write).
* Added an Inter-Core Latency test (AM4).
* Improved the accuracy of Random and Custom latency test.
* Some changes in the suggested CAD_BUS settings. This could offer a significant improvement in stability for configurations with 2 or more RAM modules.
* VDDG setting is now divided into 2 independent settings : VDDG IOD and VDDG CCD voltage (as in AGESA 1004B bioses).
* "Compare timings" now works for Zen 2 (AM4).
* Added support for 3000 series Threadripper cpu's (Castle Peak).
* Minor user experience GUI changes.
* Added support for Hynix DJR (a new CJR revision that has backward compatibility with classic CJR).
* Minor bug-fixes

Last edited by 1usmus; 01-30-2020 at 12:04 PM.
1usmus is offline  
post #6609 of 7838 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 01:19 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
gerardfraser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 859
Rep: 96 (Unique: 75)
Awesome thanks for sharing
gerardfraser is offline  
post #6610 of 7838 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 01:25 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
stimpy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by 1usmus View Post
DRAM Calculator for Ryzen 1.7.0



Downloads will be available in the coming hours.

Download:
Techpowerup link
Guru3d link
Сomputerbase.de link
Techspot link

Changelog:
I believe that there should be a utility that provides the user with all important memory benchmarking tools, so this release was aimed exactly on that.
Updating the memory presets is planned in version 1.7.1.

* Added the functionality to read current memory timings for Zen 2 (AM4).
* Added a memory bandwidth test (Read and Write).
* Added an Inter-Core Latency test (AM4).
* Improved the accuracy of Random and Custom latency test.
* Some changes in the suggested CAD_BUS settings. This could offer a significant improvement in stability for configurations with 2 or more RAM modules.
* VDDG setting is now divided into 2 independent settings : VDDG IOD and VDDG CCD voltage (as in AGESA 1004B bioses).
* "Compare timings" now works for Zen 2 (AM4).
* Added support for 3000 series Threadripper cpu's (Castle Peak).
* Minor user experience GUI changes.
* Added support for Hynix DJR (a new CJR revision that has backward compatibility with classic CJR).
* Minor bug-fixes
Many thanks for your hard work 1usmus.

The file is now available over at the Computerbase.de link.
stimpy88 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (0 members and 7 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off