Grasp of the intangible
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: 4 walls and some trees. There are rumors of wifi though
Early Christmas.. saving up for Zen 2!
So I have started counting my pennies so I can have enough to build a new system with the launch of Zen 2. My goal is R5 3600x, Gigabyte X570 board, 32gb DDR4-3400mhz RAM, RTX 2070.
I will also be taking this time to get new M.2's (1 for main apps, 1 for boot). I had considered waiting for Navi, because I want to support AMD in all of their projects, but the prospect of having to wait until next year for "just above" mid-grade answer is just too long. It took a month of debating with my significant other to get this set up.
My question to you guys is: Are you planning on getting the CPU/MoBo combo? Staying with same MoBo? Not upgrading to Zen2? Reasoning for your decision? And if you ARE upgrading, will you be using this as a chance to do an entire new build?