Ryzen 3000 Memory / Fabric (X370/X470/X570) - Page 18 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Ryzen 3000 Memory / Fabric (X370/X470/X570)

post #171 of 279 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 10:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 98 (Unique: 48)
Quote: Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
@gupsterg @majestynl Think Ill move to HCI memtest from ramtest. Was not Using Ramtest as much on zen1 and zen+ reminded me when I had no problems with passing 2000% on ramtest then moved to HCI could not get 400%
No problem m8, you are free to use any SW you prefer
But one thing: you cant compare % from HCI vs % from Karhu. Check out the elapsed time.

Personally I just prefer Karhu, easy to use and finds issues faster in my experience. Anyways.. it just a Ramtester.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 279 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 02:20 PM
Stuck in the past

Rep: 35 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by briank View Post
OK, to put it more bluntly, I don't think people should look at the things you suggest at all when determining whether a motherboard can support Gen 4. Until someone tries a Gen 4 add-in-card in that motherboard, I wouldn't rule it out. Test, don't guess.
I now have to agree even though I put I PCIe3 into my C7H and it shows PCIe 4.0 in cpu-z and in the bios does not mean it is actually running at that speed. I already confirmed that 3dmark has issues with PCIe 4.0 in the PCIe test, with an AMD employee. They thoroughly tested it and confirmed and reported it to 3dmark or whatever they are called these days. They even found issues with the vega 56/64 and the pcie speed tests. Since I got my RX 5700 XT yesterday we were trying to figure out this in the Vanguard program since we had my Vega 64 to compare to. An engineer popped in today and let us know what was going on. That is about all I can provide about this appearance.

post-flame-small.gif5 GHz Overclock Club post-flame-small.gif

Sabertooth 990 FX R 2.0 FX 8120 BL ED. B2 Rev Can over clocked to 5.0( Normally run at 4.4 Ghz )
2 x 8 Gb Corsair Vengence 1600 Ram EVGA Supernova 1050 GS Gold PSU Logitech G502 Proteus Gaming Mouse
Powercolor PCS+ R9 290X x2 CM Storm Trooper Case
SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard SteelSeries Stealth Merc Keyboard (1 broke key)
Several Sata HDs CM Seidron 120 AIO Closed Liquid Cooler
Disabled so not a ton of money.
post #173 of 279 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 02:23 PM
Stuck in the past

Rep: 35 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by crakej View Post
But the 2700x does NOT have PCIE 4!
Yeah it does not have the controller needed so no matter what the bios or hardware monitoring program show...it is indeed non existent even if it shows. Further I confirmed this a couple of hours ago with an AMD engineer who really explained it all to me and showed some of their testing. And I also in anotehr post explained some of the findings and errors with PCIe testing in 3dmark.

post-flame-small.gif5 GHz Overclock Club post-flame-small.gif

Sabertooth 990 FX R 2.0 FX 8120 BL ED. B2 Rev Can over clocked to 5.0( Normally run at 4.4 Ghz )
2 x 8 Gb Corsair Vengence 1600 Ram EVGA Supernova 1050 GS Gold PSU Logitech G502 Proteus Gaming Mouse
Powercolor PCS+ R9 290X x2 CM Storm Trooper Case
SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard SteelSeries Stealth Merc Keyboard (1 broke key)
Several Sata HDs CM Seidron 120 AIO Closed Liquid Cooler
Disabled so not a ton of money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #174 of 279 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 08:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 61 (Unique: 40)
Quote: Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
Any links to info? just curious to read it. I'm an avid user of Kahru, have used also HCI Memtest v5.0, v6.0 and GSAT in Linux.

What do you recommend, also curious to know that?

AFAIK the author of RAM Test and DRAM calculator aren't in "cahoots".

As much as I like to use P95, Y-Cruncher, etc, they really aren't specifically RAM test programs, more of a combined load IMO.
I recommend Y Cruncher. Simple to use has always worked to find instability and with 3 passes I can be confident that my memory is without physical defect. If you choose option 1 it is a very good stresser of the IMC and other memory related components. Option 0 is strictly for memory also.

Technology is NOT a liberator . Whom technology serves is a class question.
Technology wielded by the capitalist class benefits only the exploiters.
Technology wielded by the working class will serve ALL Humanity.
Ryzen 9 3900X at 4.2 GHZ, MSI X570 MEG ACE motherboard, AlphaCool Eisbaer 360 cpu AIO cooler
32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 4000mhz CL-19-19-19-39 1.35v Samsung 970 EVO m.2 NVMe 1TB
AMD Radeon VII gpu

Last edited by os2wiz; 07-17-2019 at 09:10 PM.
post #175 of 279 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 12:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Ryzen Master Setup

So in my case I have an x470 Taichi and 3700x running 32gb 3200mhz cl14 mem. In Ryzen master I have the F-clock and mem clock coupled at 1600. Is this correct? The reason I am asking is I am having issues with stuttering watching online vidoes and chatting in google hangouts along with webex. Also my mouse doesnt respond all the time (slight delay).
post #176 of 279 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 01:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

I have a x470 Taichi and recently upgraded from 2700x to a 3700x 32gb of Corsair 3200mhz cl14 mem and wanted to know what the proper setting in Ryzen Master should be for the f-clock and mem clock. I currently have them in the coupled state at 1600mhz. Is that the correct setting for 1:1 ratio? I have encountered stuttering watching video, video chats and webex along with my mouse having delay.
post #177 of 279 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 01:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by jestersvengence View Post
I have a x470 Taichi and recently upgraded from 2700x to a 3700x 32gb of Corsair 3200mhz cl14 mem and wanted to know what the proper setting in Ryzen Master should be for the f-clock and mem clock. I currently have them in the coupled state at 1600mhz. Is that the correct setting for 1:1 ratio? I have encountered stuttering watching video, video chats and webex along with my mouse having delay.
Try dropping the RAM to 3000 MHz. I had audio crackling issues (even on an external USB DAC) when running 3200 MHz RAM on the same motherboard, sounds like you're seeing similar problems.
post #178 of 279 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 05:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 25)
I've been busy rebuilding my computer for a while now, took much longer than planned but it is up and running as it should for the moment.

Have the CPU under a water-block, Alphacool XPX Eisblock and can start to experiment a little more than before when running a stock cooler and HD5450 temporarily before I got the upgrades ready.

I notice my CPU will boost to 4.3Ghz all core or more when running for memory errors with TestMem5 and such. I've even seen boosts up to 4.475Ghz on single cores when even less load is on the desktop. It seems to stick @ 1.360V under all core load. It behaved much the same as with the stock cooler but it had a half botched TIM application so I hope it managed better with the Eisblock the second try around and I noticed some better boost performance probably because of the lower temperatures it gives.

Either way I have TestMem5 "stable" 3966Mhz XMP running with 1.200V. provided I don't have them get too hot, temperatures on the sticks can get warm if not cooled somehow.

That's maybe why my 4000Mhz XMP was not stable in Windows even though it managed without a single problem in using a USB-stick Memtest86 to run all 4x8Gb like that on the table while I rebuilt(not as enclosed or intense workload).
Kept getting random errors in HCImemtest and I tried various things but didn't really find the problem. I only got worse and worse result the more I tinkered and fresh clear-cmos with optimized defaults & XMP enabled and putting 4000Mhz was most useful.
The BIOS options are a little mess of to find in the Aorus Xtreme BIOS.
They are in the "tweaker", "AMD CBS" & AMD "OVERCLOCKING" menus located in their own submenus and many settings are duplicated here and there.
I had trouble mostly with the voltage settings that can be found all over the place to be adjusted in each their own way in the different sub-menus.
Some need Hex-values others type-in mV (like 1000mV), others are offsets. No particular consistency yet I've managed to get my head around.
All settings weren't available under the tweaker menu.

I hope to figure out which voltage is for which part in the BIOS so I can set them accordingly.

EDIT: CinebenchR20 boosts 4.2Ghz all-core @ ~1.320V for ~4997pts. 5059 etc(without all the applications in the background)

Gigabyte X570 AORUS XTREME, Ryzen 7 3800X 4.45Ghz, 4266/1900 MEM/FCLK, 16.26.19.48.76.tRFC 650 1T 1.58V
4x8Gb Kingston HX434C19FB2K2/16 3466C19 1.2V (Micron E-die 16nm)
OLD: Biostar x470GT8 Ryzen 7 1700 @ ~4.0Ghz CPU, 3200Mhz RAM ...

Last edited by Nighthog; 07-19-2019 at 05:33 AM.
post #179 of 279 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 05:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 98 (Unique: 48)
Quote: Originally Posted by Nighthog View Post
I've been busy rebuilding my computer for a while now, took much longer than planned but it is up and running as it should for the moment.

Have the CPU under a water-block, Alphacool XPX Eisblock and can start to experiment a little more than before when running a stock cooler and HD5450 temporarily before I got the upgrades ready.

I notice my CPU will boost to 4.3Ghz all core or more when running for memory errors with TestMem5 and such. I've even seen boosts up to 4.475Ghz on single cores when even less load is on the desktop.
Yeap probably Remtest app is using all available threads and core but not at 100%. So it can boost a bit higher compared vs full full load on all cores!

The BIOS options are a little mess of to find in the Aorus Xtreme BIOS.
They are in the "tweaker", "AMD CBS" & AMD "OVERCLOCKING" menus located in their own submenus and many settings are duplicated here and there.
I had trouble mostly with the voltage settings that can be found all over the place to be adjusted in each their own way in the different sub-menus.
Some need Hex-values others type-in mV (like 1000mV), others are offsets. No particular consistency yet I've managed to get my head around.
All settings weren't available under the tweaker menu.
Even on a well organised ASUS bios some options are duplicated! Some are related bc the default AMD pages and Bios makers also activating some of the options in their own menu's .
Can understand your frustration here

EDIT: CinebenchR20 boosts 4.2Ghz all-core @ ~1.320V for ~4997pts. 5059 etc(without all the applications in the background)
For CB all cores are boosting to full so you will see lower all core boosts!

post #180 of 279 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 06:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 25)
I even have a waterblock for the memory ready to install just as soon as I figure out how to remove the old heatsinks and find the time I want to put into it without actually destroying the kits.
They weren't the most cheap E-die available in April 2018... when RAM prices where the highest... Can get ~equal kits for less than half what I paid for these sticks today from the Crucial assortment if you don't aim for their binned 3600Mhz kit of E-die.

That will fix all heat issues that might arise but unsure of when I will end up using it.
Want to see what I can achieve with semi-passive and fan next to them first.

Either way down to having some relaxing and tinker with setting instead for awhile.

I was expecting worse boost performance than I saw with reading all stuff on the internet about it not working etc. It wasn't that bad as I thought it would be. Well within reasonable limits running stock. I see it's mostly limited by CPU Package power hitting it's limit for 105Watt TDP or some other stock parameter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0149.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	281498  

Gigabyte X570 AORUS XTREME, Ryzen 7 3800X 4.45Ghz, 4266/1900 MEM/FCLK, 16.26.19.48.76.tRFC 650 1T 1.58V
4x8Gb Kingston HX434C19FB2K2/16 3466C19 1.2V (Micron E-die 16nm)
OLD: Biostar x470GT8 Ryzen 7 1700 @ ~4.0Ghz CPU, 3200Mhz RAM ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in