[Guide] 'Fixing' Windows 7 USB support on Matisse / Ryzen 3000 / Zen 2 on X370/X470 - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Guide] 'Fixing' Windows 7 USB support on Matisse / Ryzen 3000 / Zen 2 on X370/X470

post #21 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 06:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
title

Hi,

Thank you for the trick !

I just finished installing my new setup. Everything working fine from now. Although i have 3 unknown "pci" device in the device manager. Installed all driver from mobo manufacturer (x470 msi). Any tip ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 12:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 521 (Unique: 256)
I am still on 2600, but thanks a lot. I saved both the guide and the video posted here for future reference, in case i decide to move to 3000.

Ryzen 2600 - MSI B450 Gaming Plus - 16GB Corsair 3000Mhz C15 - GTX 1650 Super
post #23 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 07:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

I had trouble with my Blue USB (RED worked fine) with Ryzen 5 2600x with win 7 on ASUS x470 Gaming. Asus could not fix it and told me to RMA. I never did and My immediate solution was to purchase a PCI usb hub from walmart. 9 months later windows served me 2 AMD updates dated like a few years back that would not work. I decided to go to AMD's website and poke around for my x470 board and found a driver bundle that fixed my problem. I also learn it is a good idea to keep a PS2 mouse and keyboard and a CD drive on hand.

Sorry if this doesn't help but I feel your pain trying to get full use of your board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 09:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

This modded USB driver actually is not good, cause blue screen time to time. I had to reinstall Windows 7, now without usb driver everything is perfect.
post #25 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 02:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hello Alexshunter ,

you say withouth usb driver everything is perfect,
but can you then use USB devices or not?

I am on X470 + Win7 and planning to upgrade to Ryzen 3000 sooner or later.

Thanks
post #26 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 11:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by kapqa View Post
Hello Alexshunter ,

you say withouth usb driver everything is perfect,
but can you then use USB devices or not?

I am on X470 + Win7 and planning to upgrade to Ryzen 3000 sooner or later.

Thanks

The front two USBs are working, while on the back side two are not working from the five. And what is interesting is from the three working on the back side one is USB3.1. So altogether with the front ones I have 5 working usb ports with my Ryzen 5 3600 and with Asrock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac. Of course before i installed Windows 7 i used Asrock usb patcher, i think that is what made my most of USBs to work or maybe just the AMD chipset driver. And because of that two not working USBs, I m not gonna install modded driver, unless proven they are good and not causing blue screens.
post #27 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 08:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Alexshunter View Post
The front two USBs are working, while on the back side two are not working from the five. And what is interesting is from the three working on the back side one is USB3.1. So altogether with the front ones I have 5 working usb ports with my Ryzen 5 3600 and with Asrock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac. Of course before i installed Windows 7 i used Asrock usb patcher, i think that is what made my most of USBs to work or maybe just the AMD chipset driver. And because of that two not working USBs, I m not gonna install modded driver, unless proven they are good and not causing blue screens.

thanks,

at the moment i am using ryzen 5 2600 + windows 7 64bit and it is rock stable.
only issue i have is that from 4 usb (2x2.0+2x3.0) on the front (the case offers the 4 ports) it seems only 2 are active (maybe the mainboard does not offer more).
the motherboard (x470 prime-pro) has usb 2.0, usb3.0 and 3.1 on the back and it seems they are functionning normally on the back, but it is nice to use the front panel too.

am i safe to assume that if i upgrade to ryzen 3000, it is a easy drop-in of the cpu, and the windows 7 is going to continue normally? or do i need to upgrade the windows 7 usb drivers as suggested in the first post?
post #28 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 03:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

If I am fine with Asrock X470 and Ryzen 5 3600, I assume you will be fine too. I prefer clean install, but in your case probably just a swap will make it. Maybe couple of your USB won’t work. With the modded driver, probably will work all, but expect blue screens time to time which not so awesome.

Quote: Originally Posted by kapqa View Post
thanks,

at the moment i am using ryzen 5 2600 + windows 7 64bit and it is rock stable.
only issue i have is that from 4 usb (2x2.0+2x3.0) on the front (the case offers the 4 ports) it seems only 2 are active (maybe the mainboard does not offer more).
the motherboard (x470 prime-pro) has usb 2.0, usb3.0 and 3.1 on the back and it seems they are functionning normally on the back, but it is nice to use the front panel too.

am i safe to assume that if i upgrade to ryzen 3000, it is a easy drop-in of the cpu, and the windows 7 is going to continue normally? or do i need to upgrade the windows 7 usb drivers as suggested in the first post?
post #29 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 03:54 AM
Head Smeghead of OCN

Rep: 182 (Unique: 132)
Just sharing and sayin here.

I tried dropping my 3600x into my ASRock x470 Tachi Ultimate and with Win 7 64 bit it literally stopped all USB function even though it had been working with the 2700x. Drivers refused to install or said they had but actually didn't.
Add-in USB cards too were ignored/rejected, tried a PCI-E 2 port USB card and it was always seen as "Unknown" and had a driver problem, nothing I tried would fix it. After popping the 2700x back in everything started working again, I did have to let it reinstall the drivers but that was it.

Making me think for my x570 and the 3600x, using it will be a pain.

I can try it with Linux and see if it installs properly or not - Alot of work for me just to test that but I also know one day I'll have to find out anyway so......
Yeah, I'll try it before long to find out.

post #30 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 05:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 874 (Unique: 637)
Quote: Originally Posted by Kryton View Post
Just sharing and sayin here.

I tried dropping my 3600x into my ASRock x470 Tachi Ultimate and with Win 7 64 bit it literally stopped all USB function even though it had been working with the 2700x. Drivers refused to install or said they had but actually didn't.
Add-in USB cards too were ignored/rejected, tried a PCI-E 2 port USB card and it was always seen as "Unknown" and had a driver problem, nothing I tried would fix it. After popping the 2700x back in everything started working again, I did have to let it reinstall the drivers but that was it.

Making me think for my x570 and the 3600x, using it will be a pain.

I can try it with Linux and see if it installs properly or not - Alot of work for me just to test that but I also know one day I'll have to find out anyway so......
Yeah, I'll try it before long to find out.
Why not just use Win10? I have two Ryzen rigs (Gen 2 and Gen 1+). The OS of one is an image of the other. I just installed a new key on the imaged drive. This Win10 is about 2 yrs old. Everything works.

EDIT: Is it cos of HWBOT?

[email protected] 6 http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2211392 4.6 @ 4 http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2216580
5.0 @ 8 http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2511322
2nd AMD Build
(10 items)
CPU
Motherboard
X470
GPU
RAM
3200 CL14
Hard Drive
Power Supply
Case
Operating System
10/64
Monitor
40 1080
Keyboard
M100
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by rdr09; 11-02-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in