Ram issue please help - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Ram issue please help

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Ram issue please help

Okay so i recently upgraded to a 3600 from a r5 1600. Since then the bios was weird with overclocks and the voltage stock was all over the place, So i set a stable overclock on ryzen master, I benched it, stressed it and ran it for a few days without any issues. Since upgrading ive manged to finally run my ram at its rated 3200mhz speed. I thought because i had bad luck with my bios OC my cpu id try overclocking the ram further in Ryzen Master. However upon restarting it wouldnt boot. I reset the cmos, and booted and then just saved bios and booted the pc, which is just keeps failing. However If i do that process of reseting the bios and then going into the bios and without saving just exciting and continuing the PC boots fine. However now my Ram is only running at 2133mhz, and if i change the settings back to D.O.C.P in bios the pc fails to boot. I tried unistalling ryzen master completley and re-doing the process however the pc wont boot. Any ideas how i can set the D.O.C.P in bios with the pc booting, seems like something set previously on ryzen master is conflicting with it, even though the bios and ryzen master have been completley un-installed, aswell re-installing and having all the settings turned of for ram and set to auto as default.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Okay, i re-installed ryzen master a third time, and set all the settings for my ram into ryzen master, Its now working at 3200mhz again, Strange problem, and i don't understand how this work, seems like it kept saving settings from either my bios or ryzen master conflicting with each other, Ill try to do it through bios and never touch it again afterwards
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

However, now i keep getting crashes in games like overwatch, in which i never had any issues before this happened, any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 03:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 867 (Unique: 634)
Quote: Originally Posted by browny2911 View Post
However, now i keep getting crashes in games like overwatch, in which i never had any issues before this happened, any thoughts?
Try adding some voltage, If stock is 1.35v, up it to 1.36 - 1.37v.

Best bet is to use the DRAM Calculator if still not stable.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/13-a...ram-bench.html

[email protected] 6 http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2211392 4.6 @ 4 http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2216580
5.0 @ 8 http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2511322
2nd AMD Build
(10 items)
CPU
Motherboard
X470
GPU
RAM
3200 CL14
Hard Drive
Power Supply
Case
Operating System
10/64
Monitor
40 1080
Keyboard
M100
▲ hide details ▲
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 01:02 AM
AMD OVERLOCKER

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by browny2911 View Post
Okay so i recently upgraded to a 3600 from a r5 1600. Since then the bios was weird with overclocks and the voltage stock was all over the place, So i set a stable overclock on ryzen master, I benched it, stressed it and ran it for a few days without any issues. Since upgrading ive manged to finally run my ram at its rated 3200mhz speed. I thought because i had bad luck with my bios OC my cpu id try overclocking the ram further in Ryzen Master. However upon restarting it wouldnt boot. I reset the cmos, and booted and then just saved bios and booted the pc, which is just keeps failing. However If i do that process of reseting the bios and then going into the bios and without saving just exciting and continuing the PC boots fine. However now my Ram is only running at 2133mhz, and if i change the settings back to D.O.C.P in bios the pc fails to boot. I tried unistalling ryzen master completley and re-doing the process however the pc wont boot. Any ideas how i can set the D.O.C.P in bios with the pc booting, seems like something set previously on ryzen master is conflicting with it, even though the bios and ryzen master have been completley un-installed, aswell re-installing and having all the settings turned of for ram and set to auto as default.

Any thoughts?
Which Ram and mobo?

• Ryzen 3600x @4490mhz v1.45, 2nd position at HWBOT
  • Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570
  • G-SkillLL F4-3200C15D-16GTZ Trident Z Series CL15 Bdies @3733 16-15-15-1T 1.39v
Offical Ryzen 5 3600x Owner!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in