Ryzen Master causing screen flicker - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Ryzen Master causing screen flicker

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Ryzen Master causing screen flicker

I just upgraded (most) of my gaming rig from a Z97/4690k.

New setup:
Ryzen 3700X + stock cooler (waiting on AM4 adapter for Noctua NH-U12S)
Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro Wifi - latest F11 bios
Gskill Ripjaws 16x2 @ 3800/CL16 (1usmus FAST) & FCLK @ 1900
EVGA Supernova 750 G+
500Gb 970 Evo+
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX - I know...couldn't stomach upgrading everything at once.
Geforce v441.66
Acer XB270HU
Ryzen Master v2.1.0.1424

I've been working through my system stability testing and DRAM/IF overclocking and was trying to sort out a problem with my monitor flickering. Initially I thought it was some IF speed or DRAM setting, which was unstable, but after spending many hours I found it was the damn Ryzen Master program! I've been changing everything in the bios, but was always using RM for monitoring during benchmarks and stability tests (AIDA64, OCCT, Realbench). I was pulling my hair out! I couldn't find any setting that was "stable" meaning that didn't have the flickering even when significantly underclocking DRAM, IF, and CPU. GPU suddenly taking a dump? Some other problem with all the new hardware? I've tried different refresh rates and disabling Gsync and even wiping everything (again) with a fresh Windows 10 install. Nah...

If RM is running it causes a nauseating screen flicker. Uninstalled RM and no issues now!
Maybe they fix this after sorting out core boosting... I'm still questioning whether I should have just went 9600k or 9700k.

I couldn't find anything on the googles, so I thought I'd put this out there in case someone else has a problem. There were some references to screen flickering when overclocking, but never found a solution.

Last edited by engineered2win; 12-31-2019 at 09:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 09:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 13)
Yep, I had the same issue with Ryzen Master. I wasn’t even overclocked, but the “on top” window (whatever it was) would flicker ever so slightly. As soon as I uninstalled it, the flickering stopped.

"Full frontal nerdity," that quote suits me. Thanks, Better Off Ted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in