Big troubles with ryzen build - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Big troubles with ryzen build

post #11 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 12:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 492 (Unique: 276)
Quote: Originally Posted by i core View Post
Big thanks for pointers so far so good now. Looks like upping ram voltage did the trick. I took ssd with win10 from old pc and it works now. Still didnt put in pcie drive just want to see how far it will go without crash. Only weird thing is happening on start up . In about 30secs reboots to black screen with BIOS logo screen then come back startup screen then black screen in about 40 sec. then start up screen and then black screen. Always after 3rd time reboot it works well then. Last time reboot said like it repairing c drive. Can i disable these check in BIOS somehow . Dont know why is that. 3 times reboot then it works well
That actually sounds like it might be memory training . Have you checked to see if your cmos battery is good and or properly seated? If it has a jumper for clearing the cmos, make sure it is in the open position, not the short.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post
That actually sounds like it might be memory training . Have you checked to see if your cmos battery is good and or properly seated? If it has a jumper for clearing the cmos, make sure it is in the open position, not the short.
I checked it now it was seated right also theres not jumper only 2 contacts. Anyway just to be sure i pushed on battery . On start up i had about 3 black screen flashes but no reboots and all work ok now like after 3 reboots

post #13 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

now 2 reboots. even if im already in windows after reboot it sends back to log in screen

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 01:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

now 2 reboots. even if im already in windows after reboot it sends back to log in screen
What USB devices do you have plugged into the machine?

Also, is there an option in bios to select APU rather than discrete graphics?

post #15 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

What USB devices do you have plugged into the machine?

Also, is there an option in bios to select APU rather than discrete graphics?
just mouse kb and internet dongle. Ill check bios later and report. If its there ill select APU. Once when i left start up screen sitting without quick log in it rebooted only once

post #16 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 02:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

just mouse kb and internet dongle. Ill check bios later and report. If its there ill select APU. Once when i left start up screen sitting without quick log in it rebooted only once
No I wouldnt enable APU - sometimes that's the devil's own job to get straightened out. If it gets that far in the boot process then crashes it sounds like it's either losing stability or having trouble initializing something.

post #17 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

No I wouldnt enable APU - sometimes that's the devil's own job to get straightened out. If it gets that far in the boot process then crashes it sounds like it's either losing stability or having trouble initializing something.
i see. thank you very much for helping. which stability test can reveal something. Or windows event viewer?

post #18 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 03:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

i see. thank you very much for helping. which stability test can reveal something. Or windows event viewer?
You're welcome. Aida 64 has a configurable stress test that is a good initial program to use - also just running the cache and memory bench is a good place to start , memtest, Intel burn test is a monster - I'd stay away from that one until you have a good handle on what your temps are etc.

post #19 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

You're welcome. Aida 64 has a configurable stress test that is a good initial program to use - also just running the cache and memory bench is a good place to start , memtest, Intel burn test is a monster - I'd stay away from that one until you have a good handle on what your temps are etc.
thank you. I just played watch dogs2 multiplayer and pc didnt crash also fps are good. im running hwmonitor and max temp on cpu was 75deg. Celsius and GPU 65. all others temps are around 38 deg. marks. I try aida test need to sort it out that weird start up. Cant it be some issue between UEFI and Legacy Bios is playing around

post #20 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

after a playing around with build heres what a gather.
1, System works well with xmp profile on (3200Mhz Ram set) and CPU override to 1.4V. I was gaming on it, ran 1hr Aida extreme without faults.

2, System is crashing on start up (black screen loop ) when vcore is on auto and RAM is on any settings ( auto or XMP )

3, System is boot looping when is set to Gaming mode (vcore set 4.46v and RAM on 2113Mhz)

Is anything to set to make most of the system pls.

Also weird thing is happened after testing and system boot looping. I set in bios all right settings to make it work again. Everything was fine except logitech mouse wasnt in default profile. So i fire it up ghub and mouse wasnt recognised by it. Message poped up and said that something hapened before and ghub loaded old settings for that reason. Then i clicked on update button and app started update then update froze on extacting files message. Bear in mind i was running latest ghub before PC system boot looping.
Only option left to download latest ghub again and mouse is recognised .

Is ghub messing up with pc? i tried also Logitech gaming software. It doesnt recognise g502hero so im stuck with ghub

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in