What should my Vcore be? Ryzen 5 1500x 3,5ghz - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

What should my Vcore be? Ryzen 5 1500x 3,5ghz

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 04:32 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
What should my Vcore be? Ryzen 5 1500x 3,5ghz

hey guys i have a couple questions...

last year i build a pc with a ryzen 5 1500x 3,5ghz cpu,i was using it with XFR enabled at first but i was getting some what high temps for my liking..
besides with XFR on it would only increase it by 200mhz its too small of a jump for me so i disabled it....
my voltage for my cpu with xfr disabled was 1.2v to 1.3vcore max so i just left it alone for about a year.
i was reading couple threads earlier that if i disabled xfr i can run my cpu at much much lower voltage then what im using right now
right now my ryzen 5 1500x 3,5ghz is just at stock speed with xfr disabled and my voltage like i said was 1.2-1.3volt max so what i did was i went too
the negative offset to lower it some what i got it down too 1.22-1.25volt max and its still stable now im wondering should i try and go even lower?
or just leave it alone now?

i think i can get it lower tho should i? and what should it be?
also nothing is overclocked!
its just running at stock speed with xfr disabled thats all...
anyway right now im hitting 1.25volt max is this right for 3.5ghz?

or try and go lower?

thanks this is new to me btw ;p
the reason i dont overclock is because my mobo is asus prime 320 it has no OC capability..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 01:37 PM
Da Boss

Rep: 153 (Unique: 129)
Quote: Originally Posted by Marlo B N-Mercy View Post
hey guys i have a couple questions...

last year i build a pc with a ryzen 5 1500x 3,5ghz cpu,i was using it with XFR enabled at first but i was getting some what high temps for my liking..
besides with XFR on it would only increase it by 200mhz its too small of a jump for me so i disabled it....
my voltage for my cpu with xfr disabled was 1.2v to 1.3vcore max so i just left it alone for about a year.
i was reading couple threads earlier that if i disabled xfr i can run my cpu at much much lower voltage then what im using right now
right now my ryzen 5 1500x 3,5ghz is just at stock speed with xfr disabled and my voltage like i said was 1.2-1.3volt max so what i did was i went too
the negative offset to lower it some what i got it down too 1.22-1.25volt max and its still stable now im wondering should i try and go even lower?
or just leave it alone now?

i think i can get it lower tho should i? and what should it be?
also nothing is overclocked!
its just running at stock speed with xfr disabled thats all...
anyway right now im hitting 1.25volt max is this right for 3.5ghz?

or try and go lower?

thanks this is new to me btw ;p
the reason i dont overclock is because my mobo is asus prime 320 it has no OC capability..
Welcome to OCN.

So, what CPU cooler are you using? Stock or aftermaket?
What are the actual temps that you are getting? "Too high for my liking" doesn't tell us anything.
You can technically go as low as you want as long as it's stable. We aren't talking like, " Run a quick load test". I mean like run it for 24hr+, maximum load (Aida64, prime 95, OCCT, etc).
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by NexusRed View Post
Welcome to OCN.

So, what CPU cooler are you using? Stock or aftermaket?
What are the actual temps that you are getting? "Too high for my liking" doesn't tell us anything.
You can technically go as low as you want as long as it's stable. We aren't talking like, " Run a quick load test". I mean like run it for 24hr+, maximum load (Aida64, prime 95, OCCT, etc).

with xfr on i was getting 55-60c during gaming yes its fine but its too high for me i usually dont wanna see above 50c when gaming..
and its using the stock wraith spire i think it was..
i had it running for a year at 1.3volt 3.5ghz and was fine and stable since a couple days ago i tried putting a negative offset to it and its now 1.25volt and its still stable!
should i go any lower? or leave it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 08:33 AM
Da Boss

Rep: 153 (Unique: 129)
Quote: Originally Posted by Marlo B N-Mercy View Post
with xfr on i was getting 55-60c during gaming yes its fine but its too high for me i usually dont wanna see above 50c when gaming..
and its using the stock wraith spire i think it was..
i had it running for a year at 1.3volt 3.5ghz and was fine and stable since a couple days ago i tried putting a negative offset to it and its now 1.25volt and its still stable!
should i go any lower? or leave it?
Niice. As I said, you can go as low as you want. It will just bluescreen if you go to low. Another thing you can do is turn up the CPU fan speed as well. Maybe get better airflow in your case. Post up your ENTIRE specs.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by NexusRed View Post
Niice. As I said, you can go as low as you want. It will just bluescreen if you go to low. Another thing you can do is turn up the CPU fan speed as well. Maybe get better airflow in your case. Post up your ENTIRE specs.

my fan speed is already up and i have 3 extra fans in my case..
its because xfr was making my cpu reach 1.4-1.5vcore in short bursts making my cpu reach 55-60 during games..
and xfr only gives me a boost of 200mhz so that 200mhz is def not worth it for me with temps that high so i disabled it now its 45c during gaming at 1.25v not sure if i should go lower since its stable still
full specs is

ryzen 5 1500x 3.5ghz
asus prime a320 mobo
16gb ddr4 vengeance 3200mhz
gtx 1050 ti 4gb d4 rev 1.0
ssd
oh and antec 80certified psu 450watt i believe..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in