Gigabyte Aorus Master x570 + 3800x - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Gigabyte Aorus Master x570 + 3800x

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Gigabyte Aorus Master x570 + 3800x

Hello!

I am trying to fiddle with the PBO settings. I am on the latest beta bios F12e, my memory is stable and all.

But in Gigabyte Bios i got several places to change the PPT, TDC, EDC values. Should i change them in XFR or CPU Overclock menu or both?
Someone know max settings for 3800x values in PPT, TDC and EDC for that motherboard?

I have tryed the EDC 1-10 bug, seeing good numbers, but when the computer is starting to idle it will throttle to get the boost going in for example CR20 mt. Its like not wakening up, when the voltage goes down to much.
Should I then use a higher LLC Vcore value for example high to maintain the CPU or should i leave Vcore voltage in bios to normal and use LLC low or should I use Negative offset with LLC High?

I have been reading a lot now about this stuff, but it seems its like finding a needle in a haystack for me. Would love to have some guidance where I should start, tried BZ settings 300/230/230 but they aint giving me good results either.

Hope someone can help me out! I have OC my ram so i want SOC LLC High, but the rest is like trial and error.

My Rig
(10 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3800x
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Master X570
GPU
Asus Radeon RX5700XT Rog Strix OC
RAM
G-Skill Ripjaws
Hard Drive
Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD
Power Supply
ASUS ROG Strix 650 PSU
Cooling
Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB
Case
Corsair Obsidian 500D Tempered Mid Tower
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer 27" Nitro XV272UP QHD IPS
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 01:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 44 (Unique: 37)
Set the settings in the XFR menu to AUTO and then go set them manually in the cpu_overclocking menu to what you want. CPU_OVERCLOCKING settings override the other settings.

PPT & TDC should be set to what your cooling can manage in general.

For example my custom water cooling loop can't manage more than around ~170Watts PPT and ~100A TDC if doing Prime95 AVX2/AVX loads. Temperatures will reach above 90C if they do.
You can set them much higher but it's not like you will ever get a load that will use that much power anyway on a 3800X unless doing ridiculous overvoltage settings.

Gigabyte X570 AORUS XTREME, Ryzen 7 3800X PBO boost, 3800/1900 MEM/FCLK, 13.23.17.30.66.tRFC 600 1T 1.700V
4x8Gb Kingston HX434C19FB2K2/16 3466C19 1.2V (Micron Rev.E 16nm [D9VPP])
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 01:48 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Okey, but what settings for 3800x should you recomend? I see you use Aorus Extreme x570, and I use Master.

Could you share your settings for LLC, PBO, Scalar, if you use offset vcore or auto or normal.

All info would be nice!

My Rig
(10 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3800x
Motherboard
GPU
RAM
G-Skill Ripjaws
Hard Drive
Power Supply
ASUS ROG Strix 650 PSU
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 02:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 44 (Unique: 37)
What settings for LLC & scalar you can use is cpu sample varied, you have to check out your cpu what it likes and is stable with for the loads and applications you use.

Start with AUTO/Normal voltage and see if it works with that first. You might need to increase LLC if you find stability issues but it effect the whole PBO boost behaviour so it requires work to find settings that give better results other than having it AUTO/Normal which usually gives best performance with least effort made.

Only start with using scalar and see that which ever setting you try works and doesn't crash or give issues in the applications you want to use. The higher scalar = better performance but more risk of being unstable in varied applications. Depends on how "strong" your particular cpu sample is. Better sample the higher you can go.

My sample can do about 3x scalar with AUTO/Normal LLC & AUTO/Normal Voltage setting when using EDC Bug on my 3800X. Higher scalar settings cause issues in specific applications. To compensate I have to use voltage offset & Higer LLC to try increase performance at the cost of wattage and temperatures.
There were a high amount of stuff 10X scalar worked in but with further usage and time I've encountered more specific loads that were issues were had and had to go lower not to be problematic.

Gigabyte X570 AORUS XTREME, Ryzen 7 3800X PBO boost, 3800/1900 MEM/FCLK, 13.23.17.30.66.tRFC 600 1T 1.700V
4x8Gb Kingston HX434C19FB2K2/16 3466C19 1.2V (Micron Rev.E 16nm [D9VPP])
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Nighthog View Post
What settings for LLC & scalar you can use is cpu sample varied, you have to check out your cpu what it likes and is stable with for the loads and applications you use.

Start with AUTO/Normal voltage and see if it works with that first. You might need to increase LLC if you find stability issues but it effect the whole PBO boost behaviour so it requires work to find settings that give better results other than having it AUTO/Normal which usually gives best performance with least effort made.

Only start with using scalar and see that which ever setting you try works and doesn't crash or give issues in the applications you want to use. The higher scalar = better performance but more risk of being unstable in varied applications. Depends on how "strong" your particular cpu sample is. Better sample the higher you can go.

My sample can do about 3x scalar with AUTO/Normal LLC & AUTO/Normal Voltage setting when using EDC Bug on my 3800X. Higher scalar settings cause issues in specific applications. To compensate I have to use voltage offset & Higer LLC to try increase performance at the cost of wattage and temperatures.
There were a high amount of stuff 10X scalar worked in but with further usage and time I've encountered more specific loads that were issues were had and had to go lower not to be problematic.
Thanks for the help! I will try this out more when I got the time for it Now its work work and more work...

My Rig
(10 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3800x
Motherboard
GPU
RAM
G-Skill Ripjaws
Hard Drive
Power Supply
ASUS ROG Strix 650 PSU
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in