IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL BSOD on Win7 x64 and other issues - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL BSOD on Win7 x64 and other issues

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Dances with a Screwdriver

Rep: 17 (Unique: 15)
If after removing the wireless card and checking the hard drive you are still crashing or shutting down unexpectedly, the power supply may be the problem. Either the external brick or the internal power regulator can be going bad

On Hack-A-Day forum about recent dumping of a ROM chip used in Commodore 1520 plotter and the matter of copyright law:
genki: What would CBM do about the chip getting dumped? Rise from the grave and sue?
phuzz: I now have a great image in my head of zombie corporations crawling out of the ground to protect their IP smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
How exactly does one remove a wireless card from a laptop?

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 03:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 74 (Unique: 45)
Which laptop do you have?

I know, on most HPs & Dells, they have their own little 'compartment cover', simply unscrew the single/dual screws, pry open, unscrew single screw holding the card in, unhook the antennas, and just pop out.
Very easy & simple, and fast!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 03:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 863 (Unique: 631)
wait. can't disabling the device in the device manager do the same thing? no need to disable.

i would try to force an update on the device first.

[email protected] 6 http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2211392 4.6 @ 4 http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2216580
5.0 @ 8 http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2511322
2nd AMD Build
(10 items)
CPU
Motherboard
X470
GPU
RAM
3200 CL14
Hard Drive
Power Supply
Case
Operating System
10/64
Monitor
40 1080
Keyboard
M100
▲ hide details ▲
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 03:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

wait. can't disabling the device in the device manager do the same thing? no need to disable.
i would try to force an update on the device first.

Sure, but I'd have a hard time diagnosing it WASN'T the wifi chip, as it's still being actively powered in the system.

Just what I would do at work, if I were to have this issue.

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Data Recovery Engineer

Rep: 1343 (Unique: 999)

You gotta to take apart the latpop. What you do is on the bottom there a bunch of screws. Remove them. After that flip the laptop around and open the lid. The keyboard and everything should come out. Wireless is sitting right there. it usually is white and has 2 big cables going to it. 

Only fools do not BACKUP their DATA!

"Everyone is an expert in something. Knowledge is acquired not earned. Always be humble and wise. Never look down on others ignorant in your ream of expertise."
Hsvkinyodh
(15 items)
CPU
3770k @ 4.5 1.384v
Motherboard
Asus Z77 Sabertooth
GPU
GTX 1070 Gaming 2126/2249 w/ Hybrid cooler
RAM
TridentX 16GB 2400MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB
Power Supply
Seasonic X 760W
Cooling
H105
Case
CM 690 II Adv
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Asus MG279Q - 24" 144Hz 1080p
Keyboard
Filco Majestic II w/ Cherry Reds
Audio
AKG A701
Audio
JDS Labs Objective 2
Audio
JDS Labs ODAC
▲ hide details ▲

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 05:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Xeb View Post

You gotta to take apart the latpop. What you do is on the bottom there a bunch of screws. Remove them. After that flip the laptop around and open the lid. The keyboard and everything should come out. Wireless is sitting right there. it usually is white and has 2 big cables going to it. 

Not all the time, and all the screws on the bottom is unnecessary, as if you are only removing the laptop, there should only be two or three screws, and they will usually be labeled with a little keyboard logo.

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Dances with a Screwdriver

Rep: 17 (Unique: 15)
I don't know about OP's laptop but on mine there are 3 screws to remove the keyboard. However there is a metal plate under the keyboard that can't be removed unless I took out the hard drive, memory sticks, and about 100 screws to remove the entire palmrest/keyboard tray, then another 20 screws to remove the metal plate. Asus can suck my $%#^ since I had to fix my laptop once due to intermitty wireless connection. Loose screw holding the mini PCI card and loose wireless antenna was the cause.

Asus do make good laptop, especially with battery life. They just don't want people poking around the inside, they'd rather take your laptop and charge you an arm and a leg to fix a lose screw.

On Hack-A-Day forum about recent dumping of a ROM chip used in Commodore 1520 plotter and the matter of copyright law:
genki: What would CBM do about the chip getting dumped? Rise from the grave and sue?
phuzz: I now have a great image in my head of zombie corporations crawling out of the ground to protect their IP smile.gif
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 05:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilykat View Post

I don't know about OP's laptop but on mine there are 3 screws to remove the keyboard. However there is a metal plate under the keyboard that can't be removed unless I took out the hard drive, memory sticks, and about 100 screws to remove the entire palmrest/keyboard tray, then another 20 screws to remove the metal plate. Asus can suck my $%#^ since I had to fix my laptop once due to intermitty wireless connection. Loose screw holding the mini PCI card and loose wireless antenna was the cause.
Asus do make good laptop, especially with battery life. They just don't want people poking around the inside, they'd rather take your laptop and charge you an arm and a leg to fix a lose screw.

Never worked on an ASUS, but just to speculate, that sounds similar to a Toshiba I worked on quite a bit ago.
There was a hole for the keyboard connector to hook up to the motherboard, but that was about it. Your case too?

I presumed that the metal plate was there for structural reasons for the top plate (the entire upper plate of the laptop, where your hand wrests) as to be supported, and wouldn't be AS flimsy as without the metal plate.

They usually attach the metal plate to the plastic, however, so you'd just take out all the screws on the bottom, take out the hidden ones in the 'compartments' and it'd all lift off nice and easy.

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 05:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 86 (Unique: 76)
Everytime I had this error message during a BSOD was because of bad overclock (which I imagine you can't do on your laptop) or problems related to RAM. I'd recommend to download MemTest from hcidesign.com/memtest/, it's different from Memtest86+ that rawfuls recommended, is run under Windows and actually managed to pick up some errors that Memtest86+ never found. Run at least four full runs just to be sure it isn't RAM related.

My System
(15 items)
CPU
Motherboard
Asus Z97 Pro
GPU
Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X
RAM
16GB GSkil 2133MHz
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB 2000DM001
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB 3000DM001
Optical Drive
Plextor PX891SA
Power Supply
Corsair TX750W
Cooling
NH-C12P
Case
Lancool K62
Operating System
Windows 7 64bit
Monitor
Iiyama XB2783HSU
Keyboard
Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000
Mouse
Logitech G500
Audio
Xonar DX
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in