[Official] Windows 8 Fan Club - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Windows 8 Fan Club

post #11 of 1104 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 01:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 20)
i don't play either of those games, sorry. so far i can deduce that since my motherboard drivers don't work on it (windows says they are incompatible, hurr-durr). the OS runs like crap at the moment. it does not like eyeinity, even with the "special AMD drivers" installed - it disables the grouping i made every reboot and after waking from sleep/locked state.

deleting things with the UAC off is instantaneous, though, so watch what you delete smile.gif did not get a confirmation with the UAC turned OFF. with UAC turned off in Windows 7, i still get confirmation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 1104 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 02:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 24 (Unique: 22)
I keep getting access violations when trying to install drivers via a CD, but other than that it's working fine =).

post #13 of 1104 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 02:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 78 (Unique: 68)
I might try throwing it on an old hard drive just to check it out in person. I'm not really that impressed with the idea of people having to touch the screen all the time and will just use the mouse anyway. I can however see this helping people who have multiple monitors using various apps and desktops all at the same time. It's interesitng they're putting this out there getting more input before releasing it and hoping for the best.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." ~ Ben Franklin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 1104 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 09:53 PM

Can I take a picture with a notepad session saying my forum name, cause I used my real name and that is the one displayed in the metro.
post #15 of 1104 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Whip My Hair View Post

Can I take a picture with a notepad session saying my forum name, cause I used my real name and that is the one displayed in the metro.

That would be fine, just add in winver to the screen shot (winkey -> winver -> enter). You can use paint to black out any real names in the winver window. thumb.gif

post #16 of 1104 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post

That would be fine, just add in winver to the screen shot (winkey -> winver -> enter). You can use paint to black out any real names in the winver window. thumb.gif

So just take a pic of my desktop with notepad and winver?
post #17 of 1104 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 02:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 35 (Unique: 32)
Just out of curiosity, how many have replaced their main OS's with windows 8? I had windows 7 and upgraded to the consumer preview just cause I could since I have Arch running on my laptop. But I'm curious to see if I'm just insane or not alone...

I tried to put my big endian in her little endian but things got flipped up along the way

Windows 8 Fan Club
post #18 of 1104 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 02:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 24 (Unique: 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrwng View Post

Windows 7 Score:
Windows 8 Score:
the only thing i did was change HDD. i am using a crucial m4 128GB SSD for this preview

windows 7 WEI score up to 7.9 and by the look of it windows 8 is out of 10 so yeah you have a higher number but still in the same % of overall score barring the SSD which is obviously quicker than mech. Or am I missing something, WEI it with 7 again and the only improvement will be your HDD\SSD

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula/Extreme Club

Xbox Gamertag: I am Longtime

Origin ID: iamlongtime

My dad says: Dont ASSUME it makes an ass out of u and me!! (oh and looking in a manual makes you a fanny!)
post #19 of 1104 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Whip My Hair View Post

So just take a pic of my desktop with notepad and winver?
Correct, you may black out any personal names in the winver window.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelamacmdr View Post

Just out of curiosity, how many have replaced their main OS's with windows 8? I had windows 7 and upgraded to the consumer preview just cause I could since I have Arch running on my laptop. But I'm curious to see if I'm just insane or not alone...
I fresh formatted to install Windows 8. I figure give it a full run and see how it performs.

post #20 of 1104 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post

Correct, you may black out any personal names in the winver window.
I fresh formatted to install Windows 8. I figure give it a full run and see how it performs.

I wiped windows 7 and put windows 8 on it.. I installed it from a USB and it went faster than me whipping my hair back and forth.

*NOTE* I don't have that black start button on the bottom left, which I see on a lot of people Windows.

Windows 8 Proof:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in