[Official] Windows 8 Fan Club - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Windows 8 Fan Club

post #41 of 1104 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorca View Post

I like the look of Windows 8, the performance we see a little later. Looking forward W8 final relase. A future Windows I could say, with various improvements and applications.

I'm anxiously awaiting the Release Candidate myself as well. There is so much potential in Windows 8.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 1104 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 01:05 AM

Bumping this topic with some news. The Windows 8 Release Preview is to be released the first week of June according to Building Windows 8 Twitter. Only roughly 27 more days to go until we see the next installment of the OS. thumb.gif

post #43 of 1104 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 01:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 35 (Unique: 32)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post

Bumping this topic with some news. The Windows 8 Release Preview is to be released the first week of June according to Building Windows 8 Twitter. Only roughly 27 more days to go until we see the next installment of the OS. thumb.gif

In all honesty, I'm skeptical as to what they have to offer in the RC seeing as the Consumer Preview has been running beautifully once Intel and Nvidia got their WIndows 8 graphics drivers up and running. I don't know about everyone else but this has been working beautifully as my main OS and the only reason I can see to switch to the RC so far is to extend the length of time I get to use this for free tongue.gif

I tried to put my big endian in her little endian but things got flipped up along the way

Windows 8 Fan Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 1104 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelamacmdr View Post

In all honesty, I'm skeptical as to what they have to offer in the RC seeing as the Consumer Preview has been running beautifully once Intel and Nvidia got their WIndows 8 graphics drivers up and running. I don't know about everyone else but this has been working beautifully as my main OS and the only reason I can see to switch to the RC so far is to extend the length of time I get to use this for free tongue.gif
I think there might be a huge difference between the Consumer Preview and the Release Preview. Most of the applications and other things on the Consumer Preview are unfinished, in which im sure will be complete in the Release Preview. Most likely along with several bug fixes and improved stability.

post #45 of 1104 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 06:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 115 (Unique: 102)
Here's to hoping the Release Preview has a juicy bunch of updates and features wink.gif I love seeing things change.

Also, could you put me on the list ? smile.gif

post #46 of 1104 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 07:21 AM
Rust Buckets for Days

I do love the new task manager.

Spoiler!

post #47 of 1104 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenthos View Post

Here's to hoping the Release Preview has a juicy bunch of updates and features wink.gif I love seeing things change.
Also, could you put me on the list ? smile.gif
Added, Welcome. thumbsupsmiley.png Now bring on the Release Preview already wheee.gif

post #48 of 1104 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 09:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 115 (Unique: 102)
Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher View Post

I do love the new task manager.

Yes the new taskmanager is the best improvement to an age-old Windows feature ever !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post

Added, Welcome. thumbsupsmiley.png Now bring on the Release Preview already wheee.gif

Thx smile.gif Can't wait to test it ! biggrin.gif

post #49 of 1104 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Rust Buckets for Days

I'm still annoyed by the fact that I can't set Chrome as the default browser.

Spoiler!

post #50 of 1104 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 10:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 35 (Unique: 32)
Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher View Post

I'm still annoyed by the fact that I can't set Chrome as the default browser.

What do you mean by that? I've been using chrome to open all urls within windows by default since day one and all html files I've set to open with Chrome too. Did you try going through chrome's settings or did you do it through windows' settings for default programs?

I tried to put my big endian in her little endian but things got flipped up along the way

Windows 8 Fan Club

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in