*Solved* Cannot find Pagefile.sys on C Drive - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

*Solved* Cannot find Pagefile.sys on C Drive

post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Software Developer

Rep: 727 (Unique: 510)
Then I fall back to this being a permissions issue.

It is possible that having "Authenticated Users" is over-riding some of your permissions ala, writing to ROOT, via it's "Special Permissions".

Try following this guide by MS to resetting NTFS read/write permissions for SYSTEM and Administrators.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/Q315270

If this wasn't done manually by you or another, I highly suspect foul play (viral/malware.)

My Site: HouseofCat
My Repos: GitHub Repository
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 80 (Unique: 63)
Alright guys, we have reached a final Solution/Conclusion!

Following the guide linked by RagingCain, I simply removed the "Authenticated Users" present on her system. I did this by accessing the Advanced Security Settings of Drive C, Editing the "Authenticated Users" and unselecting any boxes checked in the Allow side. Once this was done the Authenticated Users entry was removed. Hitting Apply gave me a warning stating that the Windows folder could not be accessed, but I was given an option to "continue" which I selected.

After rebooting, setting a Custom 2Gb page file to the C drive, and rebooting once more, I am no longer getting the Warning message that previously would pop up.

I want to thank everyone for their support and assistance in resolving this issue; RagingCain, Techie007, and others.

EK Club XCrossXFire ClubX
-OCN Water Cooling Club-
Destrto
(13 items)
CPU
AMD FX-8370
Motherboard
MSI 990FXA-Gaming
GPU
AMD PowerColor RX 580
RAM
G.Skill - Ripjaws X Series 16Gb
RAM
G.Skill - Ripjaws X Series 16 GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 500Gb
Hard Drive
Seagate 3 Tb
Power Supply
Raidmax Vampire 800 Watt
Cooling
EK-Suprema​cy MX CPU ​Block
Cooling
XSPC 240mm​ Radiator
Cooling
XSPC 240mm​ Radiator
Cooling
EK-XRES 140 DDC 3.2 PWM Elite
Case
HBT Gravity6
▲ hide details ▲
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Software Developer

Rep: 727 (Unique: 510)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destrto View Post

Alright guys, we have reached a final Solution/Conclusion!

Following the guide linked by RagingCain, I simply removed the "Authenticated Users" present on her system. I did this by accessing the Advanced Security Settings of Drive C, Editing the "Authenticated Users" and unselecting any boxes checked in the Allow side. Once this was done the Authenticated Users entry was removed. Hitting Apply gave me a warning stating that the Windows folder could not be accessed, but I was given an option to "continue" which I selected.

After rebooting, setting a Custom 2Gb page file to the C drive, and rebooting once more, I am no longer getting the Warning message that previously would pop up.

I want to thank everyone for their support and assistance in resolving this issue; RagingCain, Techie07, and others.

Roger that! Enjoy error free city!

My Site: HouseofCat
My Repos: GitHub Repository
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 04:37 AM

pagefile.sys

You have to need scan your system using https://unfitpc.com/pagefile-sys site it will be help you to reduce your error.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in