[Official] The Windows 10 Club - Page 914 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] The Windows 10 Club

post #9131 of 9164 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 03:22 PM
Lister

Rep: 298 (Unique: 183)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9132 of 9164 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 04:47 PM
Windows 10 Gamer

Rep: 45 (Unique: 37)
Quote: Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post
Maybe, but i heard more people are having massive problems with Nvidia drivers lately.

One guy over at GEforce forums get black screens sometimes for no apparent reason. I am on 419.67 and its running fine so far i think.

The weird thing is that i get 1 K lower CPU score by only installing newer GPU..
I get random black screens every so often but after all this time (more than a year and several updates) and a few different GPUs and CPUs I am in the mindset it is an issue with the MB more than anything else. My latest odd development is that I now tend to get these black screens on the weekends more than any other day of the week. I have noticed one thing in particular when I get these black screens and have to do a hard reboot, every time there is an update either from windows or some other program. I tried researching it to find if there is a certain DLL or some other thing that happens within the OS whenever certain programs get an update but I have been unable to find anything on it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mooncheese View Post
I'm surprised that I'm not seeing more bug reports here, I'm on 1703 and the last time I attempted to update it was to 1809 for Dark File Explorer. Within a matter of hours I discovered a rather severe bug where I could not access the contextual menus of task-bar items (i.e. Chrome, File Explorer, Media Players etc.) by right clicking on them. Right clicking on them would produce a contextual drop down menu but the moment I would attempt to place the cursor over them they would disappear, rendering them inaccessible. Restarting the PC didn't resolve the problem and running sfc /scannow returned no integrity violations. Basically Windows 10 was telling me everything was ok when in fact it wasn't. This was only one bug that I found immediately, I imagine there were others, so I reverted to 1703 via system image and have been here ever since, hoping that that issue would be resolved with the next update (1903).

Going here, man this update, I'm not touching it with a ten-foot-pole.

But here there are zero complaints about this?

I'm talking about updating, not reinstalling the OS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c...te_megathread/

And a lot more in the main page:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/
I am on 1903 and all I can tell you is that everything seems to be running smoothly so far. But I have never experienced 99% of the issues people have reported through any update with Windows 10.

The Dark Knight
(25 items)
CPU
i7 4930k
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
RAM
G.Skill Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Western Digital BLACK SERIES 7200RPM
Hard Drive
San Disk Ultra II
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD
Optical Drive
LG Blu Ray 16x Multi Disc
Power Supply
EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus
Cooling
Swiftech H 240-X
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Clean Acrylic
Cooling
Swiftech H 140-X
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Nickel/Black 1070
Case
Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
MS Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Vizio 24" 1080p TV
Monitor
AOC G2460PG 24" 1ms (GTG) 144 Hz Gaming Monitor, NVIDIA G-SYNC
Keyboard
Corsair K95 RGB
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Mouse
None
Audio
Sound Blaster Zx
Audio
Logitech z906 5.1 surround speaker system
Other
NZXT Hue+
Other
NZXT Grid+ V2
▲ hide details ▲
post #9133 of 9164 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 04:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 26)
Quote: Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
I get random black screens every so often but after all this time (more than a year and several updates) and a few different GPUs and CPUs I am in the mindset it is an issue with the MB more than anything else. My latest odd development is that I now tend to get these black screens on the weekends more than any other day of the week. I have noticed one thing in particular when I get these black screens and have to do a hard reboot, every time there is an update either from windows or some other program. I tried researching it to find if there is a certain DLL or some other thing that happens within the OS whenever certain programs get an update but I have been unable to find anything on it.

I am on 1903 and all I can tell you is that everything seems to be running smoothly so far. But I have never experienced 99% of the issues people have reported through any update with Windows 10.

yeah, same here with the black screens, can't find the issue just yet, but I know is conflicting the drivers every time an update comes around...

just out of curiosity what Hard drives you have in your computer? what ssd or whatever it is

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9134 of 9164 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 05:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by alancsalt View Post
I've updated two machines to 1903. Start bar and task bar can freeze on both. Neither did it before.
Interesting, thanks for the info, have you submitted a bug to Microsoft via their Feedback Hub? I'm wondering if they are going to address all of these bugs with an update and when we can expect that to happen.

It's probably that motherboard, I ran a RIVBE + i7 4930k (4.5 GHz, 1.342v) from 2014 to 2017 with Win 7 at which point I upgrade to 8700k (Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7, 5.0 GHz, 0 AVX, 1.342v) and on Win 10, I can't believe how stable my rig is, like I get a BSOD or black screen maybe once every 4-5 months (I had a display driver related black screen a few weeks ago, and maybe 6 months ago, but I honestly can't remember the last time I had a BSOD, they happen like once a year now). With the RIVBE + 4930k, it was every other week, and another thing I hated was that a lot of my fan headers went out on that board. I can't believe that my current motherboard is half the price of RIVBE, looks way better and has zero issues. The issues were the reason I went with a different brand with Gigabyte this time around. If youre seeing any kind of CPU bottleneck in games you should upgrade, I'm not exaggerating 8700k @ 5.0 GHz is around 40-50% faster than 4930k @ 4.5 GHz in games (FPS went from ~40 to ~60 in large fights in Planetside 2, not that I'm playing that anymore but I was curious to see the difference, CEMU emulation saw a big boost before Zelda: Breath of the Wild became more optimized, and games in 3D Vision run a lot smoother because 3D Vision causes the game to only use 3 cores for some reason, and having 3200 MHz DDR4 memory is also a lot faster than 2133 MHz memory. I'm not trying to brag or anything, just pointing out my experience with that motherboard and 4930k and how relieved I have been to upgrade late 2017.

Quote: Originally Posted by christoph View Post
yeah, same here with the black screens, can't find the issue just yet, but I know is conflicting the drivers every time an update comes around...

just out of curiosity what Hard drives you have in your computer? what ssd or whatever it is
Check that users signature below their post.

8700k @ 5.0 GHz - 0 AVX @ 1.37v w/ EK Monoblock + Delid | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 | GTX 1080 Ti FE - Full EK Block @ 2025 MHz | EK SE 420 + EK PE 360 | 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz XMP | 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO | Corsair RM1000x | Thermaltake View 71 | Alienware AW3418DW + Asus ROG Swift PG278Q (for 3D Vision) on Amazon Basics Arms | Win10 Pro 1703

Last edited by Mooncheese; 06-24-2019 at 05:32 PM.
post #9135 of 9164 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 06:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Interesting, thanks for the info, have you submitted a bug to Microsoft via their Feedback Hub? I'm wondering if they are going to address all of these bugs with an update and when we can expect that to happen.

It's probably that motherboard, I ran a RIVBE + i7 4930k (4.5 GHz, 1.342v) from 2014 to 2017 with Win 7 at which point I upgrade to 8700k (Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7, 5.0 GHz, 0 AVX, 1.342v) and on Win 10, I can't believe how stable my rig is, like I get a BSOD or black screen maybe once every 4-5 months (I had a display driver related black screen a few weeks ago, and maybe 6 months ago, but I honestly can't remember the last time I had a BSOD, they happen like once a year now). With the RIVBE + 4930k, it was every other week, and another thing I hated was that a lot of my fan headers went out on that board. I can't believe that my current motherboard is half the price of RIVBE, looks way better and has zero issues. The issues were the reason I went with a different brand with Gigabyte this time around. If youre seeing any kind of CPU bottleneck in games you should upgrade, I'm not exaggerating 8700k @ 5.0 GHz is around 40-50% faster than 4930k @ 4.5 GHz in games (FPS went from ~40 to ~60 in large fights in Planetside 2, not that I'm playing that anymore but I was curious to see the difference, CEMU emulation saw a big boost before Zelda: Breath of the Wild became more optimized, and games in 3D Vision run a lot smoother because 3D Vision causes the game to only use 3 cores for some reason, and having 3200 MHz DDR4 memory is also a lot faster than 2133 MHz memory. I'm not trying to brag or anything, just pointing out my experience with that motherboard and 4930k and how relieved I have been to upgrade late 2017.

Check that users signature below their post.

sometimes the user signature don't show, mine is not showing right?

post #9136 of 9164 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 07:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 8)
sometimes the user signature don't show, mine is not showing right?
Yeah I can't see yours, can you see mine?

8700k @ 5.0 GHz - 0 AVX @ 1.37v w/ EK Monoblock + Delid | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 | GTX 1080 Ti FE - Full EK Block @ 2025 MHz | EK SE 420 + EK PE 360 | 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz XMP | 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO | Corsair RM1000x | Thermaltake View 71 | Alienware AW3418DW + Asus ROG Swift PG278Q (for 3D Vision) on Amazon Basics Arms | Win10 Pro 1703
post #9137 of 9164 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 09:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Yeah I can't see yours, can you see mine?
i can see the signature, the text you added, but not the tab with the system info

post #9138 of 9164 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 07:00 PM
Windows 10 Gamer

Rep: 45 (Unique: 37)

My C drive is on an NVME PCIE drive using a modded bios (note the black screens were happening way before I switched to NVME). I also have three other SSDs and a 4tb HDD for the ton of games I have....lol.

I don't get BSODs just black screens and I do want to upgrade really really bad, but I am financially unable to....

The Dark Knight
(25 items)
CPU
i7 4930k
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
RAM
G.Skill Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Western Digital BLACK SERIES 7200RPM
Hard Drive
San Disk Ultra II
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD
Optical Drive
LG Blu Ray 16x Multi Disc
Power Supply
EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus
Cooling
Swiftech H 240-X
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Clean Acrylic
Cooling
Swiftech H 140-X
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Nickel/Black 1070
Case
Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
MS Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Vizio 24" 1080p TV
Monitor
AOC G2460PG 24" 1ms (GTG) 144 Hz Gaming Monitor, NVIDIA G-SYNC
Keyboard
Corsair K95 RGB
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Mouse
None
Audio
Sound Blaster Zx
Audio
Logitech z906 5.1 surround speaker system
Other
NZXT Hue+
Other
NZXT Grid+ V2
▲ hide details ▲
post #9139 of 9164 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

My C drive is on an NVME PCIE drive using a modded bios (note the black screens were happening way before I switched to NVME). I also have three other SSDs and a 4tb HDD for the ton of games I have....lol.

I don't get BSODs just black screens and I do want to upgrade really really bad, but I am financially unable to....

I don't think is the motherboard, cuz I had the blacks screens ever since I bought my SSDs, cuz I literally have upgraded my whole system, Motherboard, cpu, ram, PSU, video card, monitor, everything but my SDDs

post #9140 of 9164 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 11:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Waking up from sleep

Any solutions on when computer wakes up from sleep randomly?

I have 1903. I tried disabling the mouse in Device manager, but no luck. I figured I disable wake on LAN, but can't seem to find it. I tried right-clicking Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, but Power Management is missing.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
ASUS PRIME B450M-A
16GB memory
Windows 10 Home

Last edited by runway07r; 06-26-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in