Windows 8.1 Preview (English) 64-bit: WindowsBlue-ClientwithApps-64bit-English-X1899605 Problems? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Windows 8.1 Preview (English) 64-bit: WindowsBlue-ClientwithApps-64bit-English-X1899605 Problems?

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Ive installed the Windows 8.1 Preview (English) 64-bit: WindowsBlue-ClientwithApps-64bit-English-X1899605 on one of my Rigs for testing and trail purposes and the Key that came with it will not activate! From my understanding without it being activated you arent receiving the benefits of the full function of the Operating system !Several features arent functional from what It states in the Operating System unless it is actually activated, but it will not allow me to activate it online even though it is a trial program good supposedly till Jan 25 2015? The issue I have is if its being used to give the customer the oppurtunity to take it for a test drive and check out all the new features to be able to make the decision if its there next Window Operating System!! If its not fully functional how can you make that decision? It will not even allow you to do something simple as set up Personalazation Features such as background settings user accounts simple things ! s there a work around to activate it some its fully functional ? Like changing the key to a generic key for this problem! Testing its new features is the whole idea and besides it expires in Jan 2015! Any suggestions Thanks Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 08:27 AM
Windows Wrangler

Rep: 340 (Unique: 250)
    Actually, the Windows 8.1 Preview expired on January 14, 2014—almost a year ago.  You can continue to install it on machines, and it will work for 30 days before it will start to freeze/reset/power off every hour or two.  However, since it is past the expiration date, you cannot activate it.

I would strongly suggest installing the Windows 10 Preview instead.  The current preview version is good until February 15, 2015 (approximately 2.7 months).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in