Windows 7 stuck on startup and screen flashing - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Windows 7 stuck on startup and screen flashing

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
my windows have some kind of problem in startup, after the "welcome" screen then the cursor appears with loading circle but the windows wont get to the desktop instead of my screen flashing like the disco light. however I was able to enter the safe mode with networking successfully. Ive tried everything to fix it while in safe mode including sfc /scannow and chkdsk. It only give "windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" and give me the location of the unsolved corrupted files and fix it manually but I cant found the replacement for the files. Ive tried reinstalling the graphic driver but It cant be done in safe mode. Ive tried startup repair and system recovery, but both dont have chance to fix them because I dont have any recovery point for the previous time. Does using windows 7 repair installation work in safe mode? If it does, I will download the .iso for my OS which is SP1. Please help me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 11:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 70 (Unique: 64)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NirHahs View Post

my windows have some kind of problem in startup, after the "welcome" screen then the cursor appears with loading circle but the windows wont get to the desktop instead of my screen flashing like the disco light. however I was able to enter the safe mode with networking successfully. Ive tried everything to fix it while in safe mode including sfc /scannow and chkdsk. It only give "windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" and give me the location of the unsolved corrupted files and fix it manually but I cant found the replacement for the files. Ive tried reinstalling the graphic driver but It cant be done in safe mode. Ive tried startup repair and system recovery, but both dont have chance to fix them because I dont have any recovery point for the previous time. Does using windows 7 repair installation work in safe mode? If it does, I will download the .iso for my OS which is SP1. Please help me!

In safe mode with networking please do this:

1) Go to Device Manager
2) Then go to Display Adapters
3) Right click on Display Adapters.
4) Select Uninstall and put a check mark on the "delete drivers" box.
5) Restart the computer and boot to normal mode.

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti

Main Rig
(15 items)
CPU
Intel i7-3770
Motherboard
MSI B75MA-P45
GPU
ASUS GTX 660 Ti DirectCU (2GB DDR5)
RAM
16GB of RAM (2x8GB)
Hard Drive
2x1TB HDD (Seagate and Western Digital)
Optical Drive
ASUS DVD-RW
Power Supply
Seasonic S12II-620 PSU
Cooling
Stock Cooling
Case
Antec 300
Operating System
Windows 7
Monitor
22" HP LED Backlit LCD (1920x1080)
Keyboard
Dell
Mouse
Razer
Mouse
Dell
Audio
Onboard
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in