ocasional Microstuttering in every game!? HDD Issue? - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ocasional Microstuttering in every game!? HDD Issue?

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 09:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
the one thing ive learned (at least for me) when i was having game issue like micro studdering and such.... i put my os on its own drive (64gig ssd)....put games on a second and 3rd (2x 250 gig ssd)....and put my page file on a 3rd (16gig ssd)
it my experience with this set up i have never had any of the old issues since. and games seem to load faster and run smoother. in my opinion in this everything has its own hd to access so theres no 2 things trying to access at the same time, so they dont need to share.
just my experience on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 03:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 106 (Unique: 86)
Check/change your sata cables, that was the cause in my case

But can it run.... Angry Birds???

About the NVidia GTX 970
"When comes down to it, it's really a $250 card with lies printed all over the box."--Rexer
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 02:40 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
Save for a few more weeks and grab an SSD. PUBG is basically unplayable on my system when it's installed on my 7200RPM Toshiba X300 drive so I keep it on my SSD. If I do keep it on my HDD, I get marshmallow textures for the first couple minutes of the game and microstutters throughout the whole game.

Google it, it's a fairly common issue for PUBG.
Dog**** programming from PUBG. Like seriously. They are basically asking too much data from disk and not storing it in memory proper. But that game probably has a lot of things gone wrong. Most noteably their garbage collection is utter garbage, no pun intended. I've never played it, but I've heard that it also uses a metric ton of RAM. which speaks for itself.

PS. Most client systems have only 1 NIC yeah. But if you've got VMware or Virtualbox installed, then they add some virtual NICs. Which have never caused any such issues mentioned here that I've ever heard of but myeah.

People like myself(system administrator), often have more than 1 NIC on their systems.

Tags
Cpu , Gpu , Hdd , Overclock , windows 10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in