ocasional Microstuttering in every game!? HDD Issue?
hello folks. recently i'm struggling to find what is the cause of the microstuttering that is happening in ALMOST every game that i play.
first, my system:
- fx8370e Overclocked to 4350MHz (203x21.5) (1.36v in bios with low llc)
- gtx970 galax oc
- coolermaster gx650 PSU
- 970a udp3 v2 MOBO
- 16gb ram 1600 corsair vengeance. (2x8) (running ant 812MHz because of bclk overclock)
- 5x 120mm fans
- corsair h45 water cooler
- HDD seagate GREEN 5900rpm 1.5tb (possible cause?)
the problem is:
- I get considerably high Fps in the games that i play but ocasionaly i'm hit with microstuttering. in some games are more frequent than others (forza horizon 3 and pubg are the ones that i have the most. both OPEN WORLDs)
what i have already tried to do to fix:
- reset BIOS
- reconnected and swapped all cables and sata ports
- reset/remove overclock from cpu and gpu
- underclocked and overclocked GPU.
- tried RAM in single and dual channel, both sticks alone, higher timmings, xmp on and off. No good
- reinstall games
- reconnected the cables and gpu. no good
- check no to "fullscreen optimizations"
- energy options and set cpu to always 100%
- HPET on and off
- uninstalling msi afterburner and VFX audio enhancer.
- fiddling with windows crap (superfetch, telemetry etc)
- disabling cache shader
- FRESH WINDOWS install.
NOTHING ABOVE WORKED.
so... i've tried some tests and monitoring them i was able to extract some clues:
0- it 'usually' happens when loading TEXTURES
1- in games like assetto corsa and Project cars, both running with higher settings, the cpu stays running full, the gpu usage stays 99% locked and I have no stutter AT ALL, while disk usage stays ~0% basically always.
2- in games like Forza and PUBG, every stutter occurs in higher HDD usage times or the stutter itself is followed by a peak in usage (or even a small little peak)
3- rocket league showed me that, every time the stutter occurs, there is a drop in GPU usage in junction of a HDD Peak.
4- disabling the paging file reduced the PUBG stuttering big time!
should this be caused by the Hard drive then ?? (it already have ~6, 7 years too)