File Organization - Find file folder with same name and merge/input - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

File Organization - Find file folder with same name and merge/input

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
File Organization - Find file folder with same name and merge/input

Hello anyone,

I want to know if anyone has any experience with this. I have a Synolgy NAS and I am recreating a recycled folder which split all files and subfolders into two folders "folder, folder_1".

I used Bulk Rename Utility to get rid of the "_1" for all the folders and subfolders however it killed the file tree, so now I have "folder_1" with a ton of folders in it without the "_1" but with no rhyme or reason.

So I have two folders, one with a file tree, let's call it "folder" and one with no file tree "folder_1" but all folders/subfolders have the same names as folders in the folder with the file tree.

Is there a way or tool to find the folder with the same name and put those files in there. (I hesitate to say merge because all files have different names and there are no duplicates)

Respectfully,

Br0ski

- Win 10

AsRock P67 Extreme 4 - AsRock P77
i7 3770K - i7 3770K
nVidia 1080 GTX - Radeon 7870
Antec 920 Water cooler - Cooler Master 212
G.Skill 16GB Titanium - G.Skill 8GB Platinum
HAF X Case - Cooler Master Case

Last edited by Br0ski; 03-03-2019 at 07:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in